Start by marking “The House on the Point: A Tribute to Franklin W. Dixon and The Hardy Boys” as Want to Read:
The House on the Point: A Tribute to Franklin W. Dixon and The Hardy Boys

The House on the Point: A Tribute to Franklin W. Dixon and The Hardy Boys

3.58  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
In 1982, Benjamin Hoff published The Tao of Pooh, a plainspoken yet startling and complex take on A.A. Milne's Winnie The Pooh stories. Hoff's keen insights propelled the book, and its sequel, The Te of Piglet to total sales of over 2.5 million copies. Now Hoff has turned to another childhood classic, Franklin W. Dixon's beloved Hardy Boys mysteries, and created The House ...more
Published October 17th 2002 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about The House on the Point, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The House on the Point

John Campbell
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
When I was a kid I lived a block away from a library. I probably spent a third of my waking hours there as a child. I was hooked on the Hardy Boys and read every single Hardy Boys book - 58 to be exact, the entire original series. I owned quite a few, which meant that I read some more than once. When the TV version (starring Parker Stevenson and Shawn Cassidy) aired I was between the ages of 6 and 8. I never missed an episode. While it was a "modern" take on the story, it was still the stories o ...more
Michael
Apr 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This was just a fun book I discovered in college. I had, like many young boys learning to read, devoured The Hardy Boys in elementary school. The second book in the huge series was called The House on the Cliff. Hoff was also a fan of the Hardy Boys and rewrote that volume as The House on the Point. He makes the story a mite more mature in the its style and more realistic, but preserves its sense of innocence. Anyone who ever read the Hardy Boys knows they were formulated and often kitschy. Hoff ...more
 R♥ A♥ I♥ N♥ B♥ O♥ W♥ Z!
May 01, 2008 marked it as to-read
Recommended to R♥ A♥ I♥ N♥ B♥ O♥ W♥ Z! by: My mom
This book is slightly advanced for a person my age.

I was searchingfor a New Mystery story to read and i Kept passing Nancy Drew ones (for i LOVE!!! but i've read almost every single one and i had some VERY old ones (some from the first copies)and i just didn't to waist any.) So i would just keep going and going. Until my mom found The house on the point and i fell in love!

I HAVE to read more now
Randy
May 20, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Benjamin Hoff takes an old Hardy Boys title, THE HOUSE ON THE CLIFF, the first one he read when he was a sickly child of ten, and rewrites it into an adult mystery, making changes in characters and plot points.

The Hardy Boys are still the sons of private eye Fenton Hardy and they aspire to be detectives themselves. Otherwise the writing is less factory and more straight forward.

If you like the Hrdy Boys as a child, you will like this one.
Kevin
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it
The House on the Point isn't a bad read. I gave the book a lower rating simply because it took so long for it to grab me and hold my interest.

I have often wondered why there hasn't been an attempt to write adult mysteries featuring Nancy Drew and/or the Hardy Boys. This book proves it can be done. It also proves that Iola didn't have to be killed off for the Hardy Boys Casefiles series of the 1980s and '90s. Here, she was interesting.
Jeff
Jan 27, 2009 rated it liked it
What an odd concept. This is a re-write of an early Hardy Boys book with an effort to make it both a better read and a little bit realistic. I'm not sure it really succeeds on either point but I still kinda liked it. Of course I'm known to still pick up Three Investigators books occasionally, too.
Tom Hayes
Dec 17, 2012 rated it liked it
Never read the originals, so I don't know how it compares. Hoff gets a bit too caught up in technical processes in some scenes. Good story.
Felicia
Jun 25, 2008 rated it liked it
"...we simply cannot afford to give way to fears, sorrow, or regrets. They take away our power to act."

Shravan Shetty
Oct 18, 2008
Secret Superstar
Apr 09, 2017
Christian
rated it did not like it
Jan 13, 2015
Soapy Smith
Dec 08, 2008
Hawthorn
Feb 05, 2015
Hoff grew up in the Portland, Oregon neighborhood of Sylvan, where he acquired a fondness of the natural world that has been highly influential in his writing. Hoff obtained a B.A. in Asian Art from The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington in 1973.

Hoff has also studied architecture, music, fine arts, graphic design and Asian Culture. His studies in Asian Culture included reaching the cer
More about Benjamin Hoff...