Start by marking “Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel, #4)” as Want to Read:
Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel, #4)

Buried Stuff (Jane Wheel #4)

3.65  ·  Rating details ·  223 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
An avid antique collector, Jane Wheel owns a lot of stuff. In fact, she owns too much stuff, which often gets her into trouble. So finally she agrees to do the unthinkable: she holds her very first garage sale.

Thankfully the sale ends almost before it begins, interrupted by a hysterical phone call from Jane's mother, Nellie. But Jane's relief doesn't last long. Nellie is
Published November 1st 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Buried Stuff, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buried Stuff

Jul 16, 2012 rated it did not like it
So far the writing is all over the place. There is no flow or logical progession to the story or the characters. I'm about ready to throw in the towel. The writing style leads to way more questions raised than answered and I don't find the characters or the plot thus far compelling enough to continue.
Jan 03, 2010 rated it liked it
Jane is a tad too let's-think-it-all-through-during-the-narrative to read this series back to back, but I continue to like the people.
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: wtf
Yikes. Main character seems to suffer from hoarding, ADHD, and garden-variety-neuroticism. The writing style reflects this, so it ends up giving you whiplash of the brain trying to follow along.

Also: there are other cool antique materials besides Bakelite. Jeez.
Katherine Rowland
Fiffer really wants to write about Jane Wheel and all her quirky pals, which is fine. But there is also supposed to be a mystery mixed in around the sidelines, and it is persistently pushed to those sidelines again and again. While Jane half-heartedly snoops for clues to who might have killed a journalist, we are treated to repetitive homages to Bakelite and mental sniping about Jane's mother. There are just too many subplots, too many attempts at red herrings, and then a sleuth who doesn't actu ...more
Jul 12, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone looking for a light mystery - nothing gory or graphic
I picked up this book at my church's garage sale, and appropriately enough a city-wide garage sale happens to play a big role in the story.

Jane Wheel is an antiques buyer who is also an amateur detective. A visit to her hometown lands her squarely in the middle of a murder mystery, while also keeping her in town for the garage sales. Her search for clues and her search for treasures are often one and the same.

I enjoyed Sharon Fiffe's writing style, and felt like the characters could have been p
Ann aka Iftcan
Sep 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Nice cozy. The heroine, Jane Wheel is a picker--someone who searches for and buys objects for antique dealers--and is also studying to become a P.I.

In this adventure, she's been called home by her parents when an old friend of the family is in trouble. Fuzzy (the family friend) seems to be having memory problems, and a body is found on his farm the very night that Jane and family arrive.

I will admit--I hadn't figured out whodunit by the time the killer was unveiled. Which is surprising, because
Jennifer A.
Aug 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2011
this one was my favorite yet, I think-- I read it in two sessions, because I didn't want to put it down. Jane does overanalyze things, but I like that she's finally understanding "why" she buys all the stuff she does, and was able to let some of it go to other people. I also enjoy the very complex relationship between Jane and her mother, and this book revealed a bit more about Nellie's feelings. She's not as unfeeling as Jane thinks she is, and that's nice to see.
Jan 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"I loved this, the 4th in Sharon's series. Maybe the best yet, takes place primarily in Kankakee and deals with a murder while also looking at the demise of Kankakee and attempts to build it back up. Deals also with Jane's past, her relationship with her mother, and helps explain her obsession with stuff."
Dec 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I love all Sharon Fiffer's Jane Wheel books! Great mystery, keeps you guessing right up until the end.The characters that this author brings to life are great! Jane Wheel and those she meets along the way feel very real to me. The mysteries are all wonderful, the scenes in these books ring true. You feel like you are right along on the hunt for antiques and collectibles. Good reading!
Mar 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
I really like this series -- probably because 1) it is set in the midwest and 2) because the heroine might over-think things a bit but I like her philosophy of collecting. And now I want red Bakelite corn holders ...
Nicole Diamond
Nov 08, 2011 rated it did not like it
If it has one star I liked it a lot
If it has two stars I liked it a lot and would recommend it
If it has three stars I really really liked it a lot
If it has four stars I insist you read it
If it has five stars it was life changing
Nov 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Very cute read
Jan 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Cozy read. Good characters. Fun to read about pack rats and pickers.
Feb 18, 2010 rated it really liked it
Ckv book #4 in the series cute with a strong mystery element
Jane Wheel story
Sally Myers
Jul 13, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am loving the Jane Wheel cozy mysteries. Fun and interesting, the perfect books for a collector of "junk"!
Aug 09, 2016 added it
Good mystery
Nov 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Another good installment in this series.
Dec 09, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mystery
Jane Wheel number 4 - perhaps the best yet!
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
I've decided that this author is not for me. The mystery was okay, but I don't care for the writing style--too much internal soliloquy by the main character. I found myself skimming entire pages.
May 28, 2012
May 31, 2009
Pamela Morrison
Apr 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Down Home And Deadly  (Sleuthing Sisters Mystery #3)
  • Deadly Appraisal (Josie Prescott Antiques Mystery, #2)
  • A Spirited Gift (A Missing Pieces Mystery, #3)
  • Miss Dimple Disappears (Miss Dimple Kilpatrick #1)
  • Tulle Death Do Us Part (A Vintage Magic Mystery, #6)
  • A Fitting End (A Magical Dressmaking Mystery #2)
  • Cat Sitter Among the Pigeons (A Dixie Hemingway Mystery, #6)
  • The Dog Who Knew Too Much (Rachel Alexander & Dash, #2)
  • Citizen Insane (Barbara Marr Murder Mystery #2)
  • A Killer Collection (A Collectible Mystery, #1)
  • Christmas Wedding (Magnolia Mysteries, #7)
  • Jackrabbit Junction Jitters (Jackrabbit Junction, #2)
  • Drinker of Souls (Drinker of Souls, #1)
  • Shadows on the Coast of Maine (Antique Print, #2)
  • The Secret Staircase (Wendover House Mystery #1)
  • Broken Beasts (Xoe Meyers, #3)
  • Married to the Mop (Charlotte LaRue Mystery, #5)
  • Eat, Drink, and Be Buried (Pennyfoot Hotel #4)

Jane Wheel (8 books)
  • Killer Stuff (Jane Wheel, #1)
  • Dead Guy's Stuff (Jane Wheel, #2)
  • The Wrong Stuff (Jane Wheel, #3)
  • Hollywood Stuff (Jane Wheel, #5)
  • Scary Stuff (Jane Wheel, #6)
  • Backstage Stuff (Jane Wheel, #7)
  • Lucky Stuff (Jane Wheel #8)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Fractured
  • Never Smile at Strangers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Where Eagles Dare
  • Alone
    $17.99 $2.99
  • Moriarty (Sherlock Holmes, #2)
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Idaho
    $12.99 $1.99
  • Dead Letters
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Phantom (Alexander Hawke, #7)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Working Fire
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Moving Day
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Man-Eater: The Life and Legend of an American Cannibal
  • Smoke
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unrivaled (Beautiful Idols #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Secrets of Southern Girls: A Novel
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Dorchester Terrace (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #27)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Flower Net (Red Princess, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Grave Tender
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
  • Before I Go to Sleep