Start by marking “Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 1” as Want to Read:
Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 1

Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 1

(Chronicles of the Cursed Sword #1)

3.41  ·  Rating details ·  162 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
In an era of warring states, warlords become kings, dynasties crumble, and heroes can rise from the most unlikely places. Rey Yan and his sister Syao Lin are orphans, raised by a wise master in ways of magic and combat. While war escalated around them, they managed to stay free of its politics and allegiances.
Paperback
Published July 15th 2003 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 1

Anastasia
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This manga was surprisingly captivating! I could not put it down. The relationship between the characters is unique.
Brian
Mar 31, 2012 rated it liked it
In the 'Era of the Warring States', Emperor Moosunje has gotten his hands on a powerful sword, known as the PaChun. The PaChun absorbs the blood of humans and gives its wielder amazing power rival only to the power of its counterpart - the PaSa, which gains its power from absorbing the souls of demons....

Rey Yan and his sister Syao Lin are orphans, raised in the arts of combat and magic by a wise old master, trying to stay free of the war raging in the land around them until the fateful day when
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
Like Wolf's Rain, I thought the overall idea of the story was interesting (but not as interesting as Wolf's Rain) and a little confusing. I felt like I was missing something, and while the fight scenes were pretty cool, there was something about it that felt a little...lackluster? The story just didn't catch my interest, and I felt like we didn't get the whole story. I mean, I know it's the first volume and all, but I feel like I learned more about the characters reading the summary than I did r ...more
intrepideddie
Jul 23, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga
Rather typical story: boy with powerful sword seeks revenge for the death of his teacher. There's a "larger" story going on, but it's all part of the same thing. Pulpy stuff most people expect from the genre.

The artwork is good, but the fight scenes and depiction of magic were definitely lackluster. All in all, a good run-of-the-mill swords and sorcery book. But... there is better stuff out there.
James
Jun 07, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
I enjoyed it but its far from the best manga i've ever read. i have the 1st 4 volumes (aquiered for free) so i'll read them before i decide whether to continue with this series or not.
LMA Reads
Apr 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: catgirl2
Not much humor in this one.
Ola
Jul 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Another story, that will go on forever, about a guy with cool sword fighting endless battles...
Melle
Aug 15, 2008 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: non-discriminating manga fans?
Shelves: graphic-novel, ya
The title was the only thing about this book that I found appealing. I don't think I get manga.
MizziQ
Sep 27, 2012
Verin
Sep 06, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Ragnarok, Volume 1 (Ragnarok, #1)
  • Hands Off!, Volume 3
  • Suppli, Volume 1
  • Alive: The Final Evolution, Volume 1
  • Eerie Queerie!, Volume 4 (Eerie Queerie!, #4)
  • Knights of the Zodiac, Vol. 1: The Knights of Athena
  • Miracle Girls, Vol. 2
  • Tenjho Tenge, Volume 1 (Tenjho Tenge, #1)
  • The Kindaichi Case Files, Vol. 5: The Treasure Isle
  • Black Sun, Silver Moon Vol. 1
  • Sakura Taisen, Vol. 01
  • Dragon Knights, Volume 1
  • Princess Ai: The Prism of Midnight Dawn, Volume 2 (Princess Ai, #5)
  • Flame of Recca, Vol. 04 (Flame of Recca, #4)
  • Instant Teen: Just Add Nuts, Vol. 02
  • Faeries' Landing, Volume 2
  • Zombie Powder: Walk Like a Zombie (Zombie Powder, #4)

Chronicles of the Cursed Sword (1 - 10 of 29 books)
  • Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, Volume 2
  • Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 3
  • Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, Volume 4
  • Chronicles of the Cursed Sword (Chronicles of the Cursed Sword (Graphic Novels)), Vol. 5 (Chronicles of the Cursed Sword (Graphic Novels))
  • Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 6 Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 6
  • Chronicles of the Cursed Sword, Volume 7
  • Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 8
  • Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 9 (Chronicles of the Cursed Sword (Tokyopop))
  • Chronicles of the Cursed Sword Volume 10