Start by marking “Catastrophic Colorado!: The History and Science of Our Natural Disasters” as Want to Read:
Catastrophic Colorado!: The History and Science of Our Natural Disasters

Catastrophic Colorado!: The History and Science of Our Natural Disasters

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  3 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
Colorado's serene natural scenery is legendary---however, all is not calm in Colorado. Floods, wildfires, avalanches, and even earthquakes make living in the state an adventure! In this informative and engaing book written for young readers, Lisa Gardiner explains the history and science of Colorad's natural disasters with amazing photos and fun illustrations.
Published November 30th 2006 by Westcliffe Publishers (first published November 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Catastrophic Colorado!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Catastrophic Colorado!

Linda Appelbaum
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well written, easy to understand book that explains natural disasters and weather eventh particular to Colorado. My grand children loved it because they love visiting here and are eager to learn. Good pictures help explain events.
Leah
Nov 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is an informational book about the different types of natural disasters that Colorado faces. This book is well written informational and provides interesting stories for the educational information that they are talking about. The one thing I would not is that this book was published in 2006 and some of the information that they have in the book is now outdated. There is information in the back to learn more about the topics introduced. The book is filled with real images of these natural d ...more
Beth
Kyle Frace
marked it as to-read
Aug 04, 2018
1 follower
There are more than one Lisa Gardiner on GR's database. This is the default “catch-all” profile.