Start by marking “Dying to Get Even (Jennifer Marsh Mysteries, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dying to Get Even (Jennifer Marsh Mysteries, #2)

Dying to Get Even

(Jennifer Marsh #2)

ASPIRING MYSTERY NOVELIST JENNIFER MARSH IS BACK--
WITH A TASTE FOR DETECTING!

Jennifer knows that gentle, white-haired Emmie could never kill anyone. Edgar's
Mass Market Paperback, 240 pages
Published January 30th 1999 by Fawcett (first published January 5th 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Dying to Get Even, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dying to Get Even

Start your review of Dying to Get Even (Jennifer Marsh Mysteries, #2)
Cheryl Landmark
Jan 17, 2015 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this book more than the first one in the series. It boasted plenty of humour, quirkiness, and enough twists and turns and red herrings to make the identification of the culprit difficult to discern right away.

Jennifer's character was also a little better this time around. She didn't have that I-have-to-get-published-at-all-costs-no-matter-how-ridiculous-and-stupid-my-actions-are-to-get-there desperation that she showed in the first book. Her main concern was to help Emma Walker prove
Susan
Mar 31, 2018 rated it liked it
This was easy easy chewing gum for the eyes kind of book. It requires no thought, has no subtext, and should be read for what it is. It is a book to read when you are taking a breaking from reading. I enjoyed this more than the first in the series. In fact, based on the first novel I wouldn't have purchased any further of the Jennifer Marsh series, but I brought for the first 4 together in a compendium hence the reading of the second. I will most likely read all 4 at some point.
For repetition -
Mikayla MacIntyre
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Marsh, mystery novelist, returns in this wonderful sequel to the first book. Once again, the book give me a mystery that not only intrigues and interests me, but also I want to be solved. The characters are all back and better than ever, likable when they should be and unlikable otherwise. This book was fantastic, and I hope the series continues to deliver.
Michele
Nov 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Cute mystery but started to get confused on the relationship between some of the characters.
Karen
Mar 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

It is so nice to read a clean story that doesn't include cursing or mature content. I enjoy Jennifer and her friends.
moxieBK
Mar 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozy-mystery
Dying to Get Even (Jennifer Marsh Mystery #2) — Judy Fitzwater (35 chapters) March 7, 2017

One of the things I like the most about this series is the way the author pokes fun at her main character’s writing ability and her inability to get published. There are some funny scenes comprised of nothing but those shenanigans.

This series is just a dependable cozy that doesn’t seem to take itself too seriously. I read the first book in this series a long while back and am now reading this second one.
Marti
Mar 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
A Jennifer Marsh Mystery. We have a man who owns five barbecue places with an ex wife and other relatives he wants to take over. Someone kills him, and somehow I couldn't care who or why.
Judie
Jul 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
When Jennifer Marsh is forced to testify that she saw her friend, Emma Walker, standing by the swimming pool at Emma’s ex-husband’s estate holding a knife while Edgar Walker’s body was floating in said pool, killed by a knife stabbing, she tried to evade the question and ended up being arrested for contempt of court. Jennifer didn’t believe Emma could have committed the crime and the prosecutor saw it as the obvious solution. Journalist Sam Culpepper, Jennifer’s longtime and patient boyfriend ...more
Paul
Feb 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
PLOT OR PREMISE:
Jennifer Marsh is back with her reporter boyfriend. This time, her elder friend Emmie Walker is in trouble: Jennifer finds her standing next to the dead body of Edgar Walker, with the murder weapon in her hand.
WHAT I LIKED:
The rambling around by all of the characters is great. As usual, Jennifer's writing group throw themselves in to help her investigate all the goings-on at Edgar's Down Home Grill, complete with a special sauce that may be to-die-for.
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE:
The
Alannah Davis
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
A delightfully fun read. Aspiring mystery novelist Jennifer Marsh, along with her writers' critique group, are out to find out who killed restaurauteur Edgar Walker before Edgar's ex-wife Emmie is unjustly imprisoned for the crime. What's not to love about a mystery that includes a variety of genre writers as the MC's goofball friends, and a restaurant whose existence depends on secret sauce? All that's missing is the recipe for the secret sauce.

I thoroughly enjoyed this and highly recommend
Chi Dubinski
Feb 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Edgar's Down Home Grill is flourishing, but the reprehensible owner, Edgar Walker, is finito. Jennifer Marsh finds his body--and catches her dear friend Emmie, Edgar's former wife, nearby, gripping a bloody knife. Jennifer knows that gentle, white-haired Emmie could never kill anyone. Edgar's current wife, however, with her lush body and scheming brain, fits the bill.
Mary Schildman
Mar 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Smashing

Adventures of Jennifer Marsh, book two was as delightful as book one. A few hours spent read on this cold winter day (would be nice on a warm beach too). Fun characters, fun dogs and a good "cozy" mystery. Already have book three waiting to be read
V.B. Winkler
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
A clever mystery with a basically clueless heroine who somehow stumbles into getting it right and a hilarious group of writer friends who involve themselves to their peril.
Nancy
Sep 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it. The plot and the main character are appealingly crazy. It's a good beach book!
Jeanette
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a good mystery book. I like this book better than the first in this series. If I can find more of this series,IF will read it.
Maria Brown
Carla Garnett
Feb 09, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Survivors Club
  • Quest for the City of Gold (Treasure Hunters, #5)
  • Peril at the Top of the World (Treasure Hunters, #4)
  • Secret of the Forbidden City (Treasure Hunters, #3)
  • Swamp Sniper (Miss Fortune Mystery, #3)
  • One O'Clock Hustle (Inspector Rebecca Mayfield Mystery #1)
  • Rock with Wings (Leaphorn  & Chee, #20)
  • Spider Woman's Daughter (Leaphorn  & Chee, #19)
  • Fire Beach (Lei Crime, #8)
  • Stateline (Dan Reno, #1)
  • Digging In
  • August Moon (Murder-by-Month Mystery #4)
  • Wyoming Manhunt
  • Book of Shadows
  • Fatal Exchange (Fatal #1)
  • On Edge (Decorah Security, #1)
  • Amid the Shadows
  • Dydeetown World (The LaNague Federation, #4)
Judy Fitzwater loves a great mystery. That's why she started writing novels, and why her Jennifer Marsh mystery series was born. Murder is nothing to laugh at, but how Jennifer thinks is, and that's what made writing the Jennifer books so much fun. The first in the series, DYING TO GET PUBLISHED, was sold without an agent to Ballantine Books, a division of Random House. It went on to receive an ...more

Jennifer Marsh (10 books)
  • Dying to Get Published (Jennifer Marsh Mysteries, #1)
  • Dying for a Clue (Jennifer Marsh Mysteries, #3)
  • Dying to Remember (Jennifer Marsh Mysteries, #4)
  • Dying to Be Murdered (Jennifer Marsh Mysteries, #5)
  • Dying to Get Her Man (Jennifer Marsh Mysteries, #6)
  • Dying Before "I Do" (The Jennifer Marsh Mysteries #7)
  • Dying at Honeymoon Inn (The Jennifer Marsh Mysteries #8)
  • The Jennifer Marsh Mysteries Box Set Books 1-3