Start by marking “Life Comes from Life” as Want to Read:
Life Comes from Life

Life Comes from Life

3.99  ·  Rating details ·  150 Ratings  ·  20 Reviews
The Bhagavad-gita is the main source-book on yoga and a concise summary of India's Vedic wisdom. Yet remarkably, the setting for this classic of spiritual literature is an ancient Indian battlefield. At the last moment, the great warrior Arjuna begins to wonder about the real meaning of his life. In the Bhagavadgita, Lord Krsna brings His disciple from perplexity to spirit ...more
Published January 1st 1979 by Bhaktivedanta Book Trust

To ask other readers questions about Life Comes from Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Life Comes from Life

Peyu Solakov
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Love comes from love. And from love only love comes, nothing else. This book is a must for all those who are not satisfied by second-class explanations for the most important aspects of human life and existence.
Taylor Harvey
Jun 21, 2013 rated it did not like it
This is the worst book I have yet to read in my life.

This book, along with several volumes on the Hindu faith, was handed to me while minding my own business in a public place by a duo of over zealous and rude monks. Then they pressed me for "donations". I figured being the open-minded and literature-loving guy I am I'd give the the books a shot. Big mistake and waste of time.

First off,A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada is probably the least likable holy man to ever speak. He gives of an arroga
Anand Subramanian
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A must read for anyone who wants to understand the origin of life.
Ernesto Herrera
Sep 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
Waste of my time
Kapil Singh
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is another good book to increase your spiritual aspect of life. Loved this one.
One line from this book.
"If small amount of consciousness in form of human life can create big big cities/sky scrappers/IIS/high end technologies then just imagine about the Supreme consciousness, can't it make the entire universe...?"
I was like wow after reading this line.
Matko Knezic
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The highest Truth
Nagarajan Narayanan
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Swami has answered a lot of riddles very clearly!
Shibam Karmakar
Nov 27, 2017 rated it did not like it
Trash! Wasted my time.
A rude, arrogant, and angry ( holy? ) man tries to lead people to the fantasy world and wish to subdue them by preaching how to be close minded.
Tringa Berisha
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was ok
It’s interesting to read about, but this book is too repetitive going in circles with the same points, so I didn’t finish it.
Genndy
Jan 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
This is a pure trash. Surely the worst of all 200 books I intend to read this year. It doesn't teach you absolutely anything more than how to be a closed minded and uneducated fanatic. Author is trying his best to construct his fantasy world and to convince everyone around him that it is a scientifically proven reality, and he gets extremely hostile, rude and angry (strange for a "holy man", isn't it?) when someone disputes him and completely wrecks his claims in a few seconds. Swami Prabhupada ...more
Torsten
Feb 16, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: philosophy
სვამი პრაპჰუპადა ერთ ერთი ავტორიტეტული პირია ბჰაგავადგიტასა და ზოგადად - ვედური ლიტერატურისა და ფილოსოფიის დარგში. მისი სხვა წიგნები დიდი ინტერესით იკითხება, მაგრამ ამ წიგნში, სადაც იგი უპირისპირდება მეცნიერებას, არაფრით განსხვავდება არც თავად მეცნიერებისაგან და არც სხვა, შეზღუდული მსოფლხედვის მქონე პირთაგან. მეცნიერი ეყრდნობა საკუთარ გამოცდილებასა და ცდებს, პრაპჰუპადა კი აგრეთვე გამოცდილებასა და ვედებს და ორივე მხარე მოქცეულია ამ მსოფლხედვით არეში და აქვს გარკვეული ჭეშმარიტების ფლობის პრეტენზია ...more
Shivani Loka-Laksmi
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant treatise by Prabhupada on why life comes from life, it has not yet been "invented or created." Prabhupada was a brilliant speaker and thinker; this tiny book is a gem that gave me lots to ruminate about: life, energy, the cosmos.
Caity
Oct 07, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: of-husband
Such utter nonsense. It displays a huge amount of closed-mindedness to and ignorance of science. Its one redeeming feature is the guide to the pronunciation of Sanskrit. However, this is of little use to the general public.
Scott Collingwood
Jan 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Inspiring, thought-provoking
Raizekas
May 24, 2014 rated it did not like it
I'd recommend to be ignorant to this book the same way as the author is ignorant to science. In other words, just stay away from it and don't even give it a bother. Just my two cents.
Srinidhi Kasagar
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
nice one..only swami prabhupada can challenge science like this. must read for all who wants to know the origin of life
Leonardo
Apr 09, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 1b
Si los científicos hubieras descubierto algo importante, sabrían como hacer para que la gente no se muera. Me acuerdo eso, y lo leí hace más de 10 años...
chakri das
Jun 08, 2012
Aurelio
May 30, 2012
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
His Divine Grace Abhay Charanaravinda Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada (अभय चरणारविनद भकतिवेदानत सवामी परभुपाद)was born as Abhay Charan De on 1 September 1896 in Calcutta, India.

He first met his spiritual master, Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami, in Calcutta in 1922. Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, a prominent devotional scholar and the founder of sixty-four branches of Gaudiya Mathas (Vedic inst
More about A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupāda