Start by marking “What Is Easter?” as Want to Read:
What Is Easter?

What Is Easter?

3.87  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
Aims to resolve the dilemma many parents have as they attempt to reconcile their religious faith with the secular celebration of Easter. This title is suitable for children of ages 18 months to 3 years.
Published June 1st 2005 by Candy Cane Press

To ask other readers questions about What Is Easter?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about What Is Easter?

Karen
Mar 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: dad, ellie, jacob, mom
Ellie read to us..krb 3/16/16
Rhonda Davis, Ph.D., CCC-SLP
I bought this book years ago when my eldest was just a baby. I read this board book until I had it memorized! Both of my daughters thoroughly enjoy the book. The poem has great rhythm and rhyme. I appreciate that it is not repetitive. Asking a series of questions in first person was clever. It drew my daughters into the book.
Sometimes in board books, illustrations do not match the story. This story and illustrations match perfectly. The soft watercolors are highlighted with pencil lines with so
Miss Sarah
A preschool and up book about the religious meaning of easter. easy to follow and very meaningful
Sheri
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
While the poetry is catchy and the message a good one (eggs and bunnies are great, but Easter is about Jesus' resurrection), some of the rhymes were pretty forced-sounding, and the topic is strange for a board book. I'm not sure the board book set (in my experience limited to toddlers under age 3) is really going to grasp the meaning of "He had to die upon a tree / to save us from our sin." (Especially since the illustration shows an actual tree in the foreground and the crosses far off in the d ...more
Erin
Not a super deep book, but safe add for an Easter basket. I appreciate that this book gently questions what Easter is about without bashing all the “Easter activities” that surround the holiday. All in all the message is: egg hunts and dressing up are fun (and ok to do) but it’s really all about God’s son.
Joy
Oct 14, 2012 rated it really liked it
I picked this up from Wal-Mart at Easter because I wanted to get the girls a nice Easter board book. I like it. They like it. It rhymes and there aren't a lot of words on a page so they don't get bored waiting for me to turn the page. The illustrations are nice too. And I like the content.
Lorri
Apr 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xander-s-shelf
Great book to introduce kids about the real meaning of Easter.
Kathie
Dec 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A great book my granddaughter and I read together. Fun pictures.
Jaime
Apr 11, 2012 rated it liked it
Cute & fun little board book for toddlers. Great easter gift!
Kimberly
Apr 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
An Easter board book with fun illustrations and holds the kids attention. They loved it, and so did I.
Katie