Start by marking “Allah's Revenge” as Want to Read:

Read Book

Allah's Revenge

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  351 Ratings  ·  73 Reviews
**** Indie Book Awards Finalist ****
Terrorists attack a London Underground train, slaughtering two-hundred innocents in seconds with a nanoweapon small enough to hide in a hint of perfume.
First responder, Detective Chief Inspector Quinnborne, defies orders and hunts for the weapon’s unhinged genius creator. The authorities label Quinnborne a traitor, but when the nanotec
Published May 15th 2012 by PJ Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Allah's Revenge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Allah's Revenge

Natasa
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a good thriller. It was fast paced and I learned a lot of new stuff from the book (i.e. about Islam, about Israel, Palestina and it's surrounding countries...as well when I read almost all the plot is in US, so it was fun to read about London for a change).

Considering this is the first book from this author it totally deserves 5*.

I will for sure read any new books he writes in the future.
Benjamin Thomas
Aug 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
The current state of publishing is a double-edged sword. It has become much easier for new authors to publish their works and, of course, that means we readers must sort through the piles of coal to find the gleaming diamonds. And it also means those diamonds that are out there can see the light of day without being held back by traditional publishing processes. I am pleased to report that Pete Barber has written a diamond here, a multi-faceted, huge blue gleaming diamond. And I’ll do my part to ...more
Al
Oct 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle, read-2012
I’m a big thriller reader. Speculative fiction (fantasy, science fiction, and similar), not so much. What I liked about the speculative fiction portion of Allah’s Revenge is that it involved technology that, while not here today, could be. Nanotechnology is on the leading edge of science; the nanotech inventions and discoveries that figure in this story aren’t hard to imagine as possible in the near future.

There’s also a lot to like about the thriller portion of Allah’s Revenge. Building on a p
Effrosyni Moschoudi
A thrilling adventure with one hell of a detective!

I was hooked to this book from the very first page. This is a fast-paced thriller and quite a page-turner that has enhanced my reading pleasure but diminished my sleep time as I just couldn’t put it down. Detective Quinn was by far my favorite character, who was deliciously cute by being tough, but only on the outside.

The book comprised of a long list of lifelike characters that stayed with me, the main villain being particularly disturbing. I
Wanda Hartzenberg
Aug 23, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
Honestly, the beginning of this book almost had me put it aside as a DNF. The start is slow and seems to follow every other base plot in this genre. However, I did not put it aside. Honestly not sure why. But it became clear that this was a cross genre plot (pretty much as the title implies) and I started to really like Quin. Our hero. By the near end of the book I could not put it down. So in honesty this should be a 3.5 star review but I am happy to say that if you hang in there the story woul ...more
Jodi Harrington
Aug 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to think when I received this book. I read the first 2 pages and could not believe what I had just read - jaw dropping. I put the book down and thought about it. I went back to the book about an hour later and could not put the book down. This is a GREAT book - as oft the moment, I would say it is my favorite book. It's amazing, compelling, keeps you interested with every page that is turned. A++++ book.
Paul Montgomery
Aug 01, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Synopsis - New technology is ever a double-edged sword, ready to help the world or threaten it. So it is here, as the terrorist group Allah's Revenge sieze nanotechnology, designed to devour raw material and convert it into cheap fuel. In their hands, it's an airborn threat, invisible, silent, deadly. Easily hidden, easily dispersed. And should they choose to make it so, unstoppable...

OK. I have to say this first. I want to dislike this book. I really want to dislike it. And why? Because of the
Bob Rector
Nov 03, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about terrorism with a capitol T. Anyone who thinks it improbable need only watch the evening news. Nuclear armed missiles fired from the other side of the world are Tinker Toys compared to the agents of mass destruction that can fit into a terrorist's Thermos. Such is the premise of Pete Barber's hair-raising NanoStrike.

The terror starts with an attack on London's subway (tube) and its up to Chief Inspector Steven Quinnborne of the London Metro Police to track down the culprits.
Mary
Jun 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A Threat of Nanobots

Pete Barber has given us a fiction thriller about extremists who wish to do the United States harm. It is told in current time with painstaking research as it is a sensitive subject. The terrorist attack was carried out by an Islamic militant group called Allah’s Revenge. They killed two hundred innocent people in London, England and many world leaders at a G20 summit in Seoul, South Korea. The Vice President of the U.S. was killed in the G20 summit attack.

The Weapon of Mass
OutlawPoet
Jul 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When radical Islamic Terrorists release a new nanotech based weapon on a crowded train, Quinn must rush to find the culprits before the ravenous weapon is unleashed upon the world!

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

If you haven't read Pete Barber, you've been missing out! This is an absolutely stellar thriller from the first page to the last. Now, I must admit - he had me at nanotech. I'm a sucker for a story that uses nanotech in just about any aspect. However, it takes more than a concept to win over a reader and
Casual Readers: FREEBIES BUDDY READ - NanoStrike by Pete Barber 9 12 May 30, 2014 06:38PM
  • The Never Born (Locus Origin, #1)
  • Synthetic: Dark Beginning
  • Freaks of Greenfield High (Freaks, #1)
  • The Locksmith (Mindjack Origins, #5)
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • The 'Naturals: Awakening [Episodes 1-4 -- Season 1] (Young Adult Serial)
  • Vrin: Ten Mortal Gods
  • Soul Seeker (The World of Lasniniar, #1)
  • Feed
  • A Month with Werewolves (A Month with Werewolves #1)
  • Heretic (The Singularity Series, #1)
  • The Secret History of a Teenage Vampire (The Department 19 Files, #1)
  • Work 2.0. Nowhere to Hide
  • The Last Firewall (Singularity #3)
  • Curbchek
  • Transcender: First-Timer (Transcender, #1)
  • Majesty's Offspring
  • Seth and Chloe (Lunara Trilogy, #1)
Born into a blue-collar family in Liverpool, England, Pete immigrated to the US in the early 90s and settled in North Carolina.

He has led a haphazard life, putting bread on the table as a plumber, computer programmer, salesperson, marketing executive, hotel operator, real-estate developer, and llama breeder.

Pete loves chickens and dogs, and writes fast-paced fiction that makes people think.
More about Pete Barber...

“Well, Frances, sometimes it’s better to apologize than to ask permission.” 0 likes