Start by marking “Chemistry: A Molecular Approach” as Want to Read:
Chemistry: A Molecular Approach

Chemistry: A Molecular Approach

3.57  ·  Rating details ·  218 Ratings  ·  15 Reviews
No further information has been provided for this title.
Published December 1st 2006 by Prentice Hall (first published July 3rd 1904)

To ask other readers questions about Chemistry, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chemistry

Katherine
just kill me.
Carolyn
Sep 17, 2013 rated it did not like it
Plenty of practice problems, including comprehensive sets. However, Tro fails to include formulae for the majority of calculations. While dimensional analysis facilitates error-free written work, it neglects to teach essential chemical relationships. It is difficult to see the relationship between units and to apply the problem solving approaches presented to novel situations.
Amber
Feb 14, 2008 rated it it was ok
As chemistry textbooks go, this one is crap.
It's for the class I'm teaching this semester, so I constantly have to refer to it.
Carlee
Read chapters 1-10 for Gen Chem 1.
Brandi
Aug 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I used this textbook for Gen Chem 1 & 2.

What I Liked:
The textbook was, for the most part, very easy to understand. And the author tied each concept into a real-world application that helped me understand it better.

What Could Have Been Better:
The author could have organized the chapters in a way that didn't overload the reader with a lot of information at one time. For instance, I don't think it was a good idea to stick solubility in with the titration chapter.

Overall, not a bad textbook. I'm
Rosey
Aug 02, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: textbooks
Tro takes a subject that is otherwise quite challenging and it makes it manageable. Good text for an general inorganic chemistry course at the college level. The practice problems throughout the chapters and at the ends of chapters are representative of the kinds of problems you will likely be expected to tackle in such a course. The difficulty of the problems range from plug-and-chug to cumulative (testing your knowledge of many concepts melded together) to ensure full understanding of the mate ...more
Aaron
May 10, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be excellent for learning the ins and out of general chemistry. I used this book over the course of two semesters. For one semester I used the book alone to learn all the concepts and found it more than up to the task. For the second semester I had the book along with a lecture. The book was useful in helping me in areas where the lecture fell short. I'd highly recommend this to anyone looking to get a grasp on just what chemistry is all about.
Elizabeth Greenfield
Read chapters 1-19, 24, and sorta kinda read 20. For class, and always a couple weeks later than I should have been reading it, but definitely the main way I learned the material this year. Pretty well written with plentiful examples and problems.
Cody Seal
Jan 28, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chemistry
After reading other general chemistry texts, I feel this book is slightly elementary in its explanations of certain topics, but I believe it left me with a decent foundation in general chemistry topics after spending a year with it and investing the necessary time.
Amanda A.
Professor Effie Sauer is one of the best profs at UTSC. Good book.
Katie
Jun 23, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Excellent chemistry book. Most explanations are good though some get confusing and I was glad to have professors to explain things in other ways. Lots of good problems at the ends of chapters.
Gretchen
Apr 14, 2009 is currently reading it
This is too funny. I didn't think this book would really be listed here. Having never read a chemistry text book before, I guess so far I would give it 4 stars
Gil
  • The Declining Significance of Race: Blacks and Changing American Institutions
  • Blackshirts and Reds: Rational Fascism and the Overthrow of Communism
  • Torture and Democracy
  • Against Equality: Don't Ask to Fight Their Wars
  • A Hundred Little Hitlers: The Death of a Black Man, the Trial of a White Racist, and the Rise of the Neo-Nazi Movement in America
  • Why We Hurt: The Natural History of Pain
  • Universe
  • Job's Body: A Handbook for Bodywork
  • Hippocrates' Shadow: What Doctors Don't Know, Don't Tell You, and How Truth Can Repair the Patient-Doctor Breach
  • Fat Politics: The Real Story Behind America's Obesity Epidemic