Start by marking “The Irish Devil (Irish Eyes Duo, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Irish Devil  (Irish Eyes Duo, #1)

The Irish Devil

(Irish Eyes Duo #1)

The Beauty and the Barbarian

Ireland in the Middle Ages—a land of both heavenly landscapes and hellish warfare. It is in this world that Lord Eric of Shanekill is both feared and revered. His unstoppable rage on the battlefield has made him known as the "Irish Devil." Little did he know that his greatest battle would be fought in his heart...

Faith, daughter of Lord Terra, i
Mass Market Paperback, Irish Eyes #1, 329 pages
Published February 1st 2000 by Jove

To ask other readers questions about The Irish Devil, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Irish Devil

Start your review of The Irish Devil (Irish Eyes Duo, #1)
Regan Walker
Feb 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: irish, 12th-century
Endearing Irish Love Story

Set in 1171, this is the story of a powerful, undefeated warrior (“the Irish Devil”) who was awarded lands and the choice of a lord’s daughters for his wife in exchange for his loyalty to the Irish king.

Eric of Shanekill chooses the gentle but courageous Lady Faith, not realizing she bears the scar of a brutal attack years ago and has lived with the shame inflicted upon her. Like the others, when Eric learns she was attacked, he assumes the worst—that her innocence wa
Gerbera_Reads
Sep 11, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-book, medieval
I enjoyed the book. Mildly steamy, mildly suspenseful and set in times when all kinds of weird ideas existed in regards to medicine, women, marriage and everything under the sun. One of my favorite periods. One thing I found annoying was the prolonged argument the MCs had between them. It lasted too long IMO. The villain was obvious and I loved the final showdown. The best part was when The Irish Devil aka Eric fell in love and started talking about feelings, it was so cute coming from him.
Darla
Mar 13, 2012 rated it liked it
FINALLY! They had sex, ALOT of it! I can release(pun intended) this breath I've been holding LOL!!!! This was a pretty decent book, my first from the author, but not my last. I am all about sexy Irish/Viking/Highlander men.....hell who am I kidding, I am all about ANY sexy man!!!!! This story focuses on Faith, the outcast daughter from a well established Irish family, and Eric, the 'Irish Devil', half Irish and Viking, he was a man who created his own destiny by his sword. While the book had its ...more
Being Human
Feb 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf, 2015-read
Nithu
When I read the story itself I know that it was gonna be a great read and it was exactly that...... I read an historical romance after a very long time and it was soooo good.... the hero and the heroine were great.... they had love, compassion, possessiveness, dominance, submission etc...... the hero was sooo hot and macho but at the same time very understanding. while the heroine was very brave but also very innocent...... the hero had an unique character of wanting a beautiful marriage since m ...more
ShortyS
Feb 25, 2013 rated it it was ok
Anna Rebecca
I can say only that this book is OK. One of the things that really detracted from the book was the poor editing. Typos are really an unacceptable occurrence in a book that should have gone through several editing processes. Furthermore, incorrect vocabulary in an edited finished product is unforgivable. Such deficiencies, in the quantities this book possessed, truly ruins a book for me.

The foregoing ignored, the book was still only OK. I liked the two wounded, misunderstood leads. I’m a sucker
Amber
Jul 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Okay, I will start by getting the elephant in the book out of the way right up front. Yes. Eric IS a jerk in the middle part of the book. His whole reasoning behind why he can't/won't sleep with his wife is kind of ridiculous and frustrating at times. I know this.

But I don't care.

This is STILL, even with the main character being a complete and utter asshole through the entire middle of the book, one of my all time FAVORITE romance novels. Easily in my top five.

The sexual tension in this book i
Karen
Not too bad.

We had lush setting, a little sparkle of folk law, rain... what I really wish I could hear was the Irish lilt. So sexy.

One discarded daughter becomes the treasure of a fierce Irish/Viking warrior. It's only fitting that she be kind, compassionate, a skilled healer and holdout until he recognises the truth about her. Then sex, lotsa sexy time even a couple of caveman moves.

I love the banter between both the three friends as well as the couple. I admire Faith's trust in Eric though tea
SheLove2Read
Jun 03, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: keepers
7/21 2nd re-read and it never gets old. A great Scottish romance.

I have read this book once before and let it get away from me. WONDERFUL Scottish highland romance. Loved both characters, loved the storyline, loved the romance! I ordered it again specifically to re-read and put on my keeper shelf.
Jana
I can't believe I was waiting so long to read this ! I really like story and anticipation they went to consummate marriage, I was thinking it will never happen! :) I liked that they did other things to each other so it was not all boring waiting , passion I was not expecting and was nicely surprised! And all other supporting characters was great ! ...more
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Sep 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Kinda sorta loved this one. It may not deserve four stars, but I feel it deserved more than what I normally give a romance when I merely enjoyed it. This one isn't really up there with my favorite HR's, but it's a cut above some of the others. ...more
sharonlee
Mar 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great love story

I loved all the characters most off all the dog how loyal he is to his lady hated the veil stepmother I wish the story finished with a birth and how the devil Erik would have handled his beloved wife labor bravo 's Fletcher
EliseSReads
Aug 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.75 STARS

Wanted to kick the hero at the beginning of the book but he redeemed himself at the end for me. Heroine was strong, I liked her.

Pretty great read, I love how easy it was reading this book, historicals aren't my favorite genre but Donna Fletcher books are definitely converting me.
Keri
Aug 03, 2011 rated it it was amazing
A complete and unexpectedly awesome read!
C-Chat
Jul 28, 2014 rated it liked it
Zoe
Dec 31, 2016 rated it liked it
This book is a waste of a perfectly good and handsome Irish devil.

I read Eric and Faith's first meeting and I was SOLD. The chemistry was jumping off the page and Eric was FANTASTIC. How can one not love a bad boy?

But what followed was a boring cheesy story. Eric's lust was understandable in the beginning but his obsession over Faith didn't make sense. I could buy that he wanted to sleep with her when he thought she was a just a healer, not a lady. But his continuous lusting seemed convenient
V SB
Jun 17, 2017 rated it did not like it
I was so disappointed with this one - based on the synopsis the hero Eric of Shanekill aka the Irish Devil was supposed to be this mighty and feared warrior. I was expecting to read a lot of battle scenes to show how great a warrior he truly is instead I get "fight scenes" on whether or not the heroine Faith is a virgin or not, lots of discussions on the meaning of love, how beautiful Ireland is (now that I most definitely agree) and how kind and loving she is and how much of a devil Eric truly ...more
Sam~OTT Alpha Male Addict~
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
“fought so hard to live and then to survive and finally to live again. I did not crawl away and pity myself; instead I fought back and refused to submit to defeat. I discovered a strength and courage I never thought possible and I cannot or will not surrender”

I loved Faith. A true heroine for the books. A survivor. A healer.

I loved everything about this book except for the Irish Devil himself. I found he was most of the time too careless with Faith. He wanted to have sex, okay. But to withhold
Gia
So, I wanted to say that I found this book very engaging and I genuinely enjoyed it. But there is a part of the book that really left a sour note in my mouth and it is the cause of the lower rating.

(view spoiler)
Fiona Fearchar
This novel validated every time I second guess myself on NOT enjoying a story that is rated with too many stars and a synopsis that doesn't deliver.
Great characters, great storyline. Heat/Sex, oh yes but it is weaved in the story so perfectly that it can't be described as an erotica throw-in. Not filled with laugh out loud moments but with the humourous interactions between the characters brought out many many smiles.

This was my first read of Ms. Fletcher's and I am moving directly to the next
Mom2boyz
May 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
This book started out good, then it quickly went downhill. I grew tired of the constant and ridiculous arguing between the H and h over whether or not the h is a virgin... he doesn't want to discover it for himself, and she has too much pride to tell him. I waited to see if either of them would do anything about this, but they continued to beat that dead horse beyond recognition, so I put it down. ...more
Shelbymarie159
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Donna Fletcher is my go-to author when I want to feel the love and some heat. She creates such enchanting stories that you will not be able to put them down. You will fall in love with the characters and never want to story to end. She makes you love love especially when it comes to Eric and Faith in the book. Dont even fight it just read their amazing story of overcoming yourself and surrendering to true love.
Ronda
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

If you want passion; fiery at that! A battle of wills between two strong willed people, and a deep mystery to solve then this is your book! Loved it! Look forward to the next book!
Gskm
May 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This will be a favorite

Great story with well developed main characters and interesting friend and family. The story pulls you in and keeps you interested in the mystery and budding love building between the Irish Devil and his Lady. Such a good read!
Jocelyn Fangonilo
Too long

At the beginning I was interested,intrigued and held captivated by the characters. However, towards the middle my interest started to falter. I thought that the story conflict went on for too many chapters and the ending was anticlimactic.
❋
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
A little predictable but fun. I usually don't find much cheesy (I, myself being the very epitome of the word) but Iwas cringing at times :/ ...more
Heather Edwards
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

I found this book hard to put down. Great characters good banter between them and strong friendships which show's. Great story line
Yen
Things wouldn't have to be so complicated if they weren't interrupted every time the whole story was about to come out. ...more
« previous 1 3 next »

• Born in Sin (Brotherhood of the Sword #3/MacAllister, #2)
  • Highlander’s Unchained Heart : A Steamy Scottish Medieval Historical Romance
  • Taming a Highland Stallion (Beasts Of The Highlands #8)
  • Lions and Lace (Van Alen Sisters #1)
  • A Hardened Warrior (Clan Ross #2)
  • Ransom (Highlands' Lairds, #2)
  • Black Richard's Heart (The MacCulloughs, #1)
  • Highland Destiny (Murray Family, #1)
  • Honor's Splendour
  • A Substitute Wife for the Prizefighter (Victorian Prizefighter, #2)
  • The Secret (Highlands' Lairds, #1)
  • Saving Grace
  • Defy Not the Heart (Shefford's Knights #1)
  • Captured Heart (Highland Hearts, #1)
  • The Rogue's Bride (The Brides of Skye #3)
  • Highlander Untamed (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #1)
  • Highland Treasure (Highland Brides, #9)
  • A Hellish Highlander (Clan Ross, #3)

Irish Eyes Duo (2 books)
  • Irish Hope (Irish Eyes, #8) (Irish Eyes Duo, #2)

News & Interviews