Start by marking “Arthur, King” as Want to Read:
Arthur, King

Arthur, King

Great kings have great enemies, and Arthur's is his illegitimate son, Mordred--who has stolen the magical sword, Excalibur. Worse, Mordred has stolen Merlin's Book and has used it to flee to the far future. All of Camelot is at risk, so Arthur must go alone, without Merlin and without his crown, into the future . . . into the time of World War II.
Mass Market Paperback, 360 pages
Published January 1st 1995 by Harper

Travis
Jan 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
King Arthur falls off the castle wall during a battle and comes to in the cockpit of a Spitfire during the Battle of Britain.

Impossible you say? Of course, except in the storyteller's mind. The King become Arthur King, returning to England during it's time of greatest need.

Crackling good read!
Arthurianmaiden
Jan 03, 2013 rated it liked it
So, I didn't like this novel but I also /liked/ it. I couldn't give it more than three stars even if I honestly think it is a good novel and a well written one (reason why I actually have it three stars).
First things first: This book is about King Arthur who follows Mordred into the second world war. Mordred has stolen a magical book from Merlin and he wants to use it to join the nazi and conquer the UK for himself. The novels focuses on Arthur and how he learns to fight as an aviator.
The autho
Kate Hart
Jun 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
At a time when our world seems so lacking in that essential Arthurian quality of honor, this WWII era take on the character of Arthur is refreshingly inspirational. I am once again reminded why it is necessary to 'do the right thing' always, in all ways. A quick and easy read and I am glad I 'made its acquaintance!
Angel Ica
May 25, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fairly predictable, but well written, extremely well researched and incredibly detailed. I learned a lot about planes and WWII that I didn't know before and still got a fun fantasy adventure.
John
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Different take on Arthur. Recommend for anyone who is a military history buff.
Marie
Nov 08, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, arthurian
Basic plot: King Arthur appears during Britain's hour of greatest need during WWII, takes the roll of fighter pilot, meets a modern-day Jenny (Guenevere), defeats Mordred (fighting on the side of the Huns, of course), and saves England. It was better executed than I expected, but stylistically lacking.
Jenovique kalombo
Nov 26, 2013
Kyla Phillips
Jul 18, 2012
Namuun Jargalsaikhan
rated it did not like it
Jan 10, 2016