Start by marking “The Changeling War (The Changeling Saga, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Changeling War (The Changeling Saga, #1)

The Changeling War

(The Changeling Saga #1)

2.92  ·  Rating details ·  65 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Two worlds are about to collide. One, teeming with life and technology, is called Earth. The other is a twisting maze of interconnected dwellings called the Castle. Both worlds know violence. Both know greed. Now, in our time, they are about to meet. The war has begun....
Published March 1st 2000 by Ace (first published April 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about The Changeling War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Changeling War

Tim Martin
Sep 10, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: reviewed, fantasy
Wow, I just don’t know what to make of _The Changeling War_. I read the reviews here and on other places online and was somewhat mystified as to why some gave such glowing reviews to this novel. The book had a good premise I thought but had many, many problems. I don’t like to ever bash a book (or any author), not ever, as I admire the effort, time, and skill it takes to complete a novel and then to get it published, but I have to call it like I see it so to speak.

The setting is a classic one i
Alloni
Jul 11, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: fantasy
This book (well, the entire series) is the antithesis of a good read. The characters are one-dimensional (one step below two-dimensional), the writing is hackneyed, there are no original ideas, and the ending is both a) horrifyingly predictable and b) a pathetic plea for a sequel series. The only reason I read through the entire series was that I couldn't believe that the low quality of the first book would continue. I kept trying to persuade myself that "it has to improve! It has to!" I was wro ...more
Dawn
Apr 28, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: fantasy-magical
I must have thought this looked like a good book at some point in time seeing as I bought it but I only managed to make it through the first 4 chapters before giving up. It starts with the poor oppressed child in our time period and switches to a knight in a medieval type world where magic and aliens are prevelant. There are gangsters, hoods, treasure and eccentric creatures, if you like books that incorporate our world and another world this might be a good book for you but I found it a bit bor ...more
Tara
May 22, 2008 rated it did not like it
Too much swearing and casual killing. The characters were weak, and I got half-way through the book (regrettably - I should have put it down much sooner) and was still wondering what the plot was, as well as the purpose for some main characters. I didn't even finish reading it - not worthwhile.
Micha Meinderts
Dec 05, 2012 rated it it was ok
Not totally sure what to think. I had hardly any incentive to finish it, but the setting was original and that's something hard to come by in the fantasy genre these days. The characters were just a little bland and the humor felt forced. Forgettable at best, I guess.
Tim Mayner
Sep 30, 2015
Aaron
rated it did not like it
Oct 11, 2011
Scatterbug
Sep 13, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »

Peter Garrison is a nom de plume of Craig Shaw Gardner

The Changeling Saga (3 books)
  • The Sorcerer's Gun (The Changeling Saga, #2)
  • The Magic Dead (The Changeling Saga, #3)