Start by marking “Digital Ink: Writing Killer Fiction in the E-Book Age” as Want to Read:
Digital Ink: Writing Killer Fiction in the E-Book Age

Digital Ink: Writing Killer Fiction in the E-Book Age

4.51  ·  Rating details ·  59 Ratings  ·  17 Reviews
From protagonists and antagonists, to dialogue and conflict, DIGITAL INK is a powerful, succinct, and entertaining book that will dramatically improve any writer’s work.

Suddenly it's a cinch to publish -- pop your manuscript up online via Amazon’s KDP, INScribe, Smashwords, or Pubit! and voilá, you've got an e-book. The number of authors, self-published and otherwise, is e
ebook
Published (first published July 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Digital Ink, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Digital Ink

Frances Brown
Jun 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
One incredibly amazing book. This is like highly distilled liquor: potent, gets to the point fast, and is ever so exhilarating. Succinct, timely, right on spot advice. When - not if - I make to the best sellers list I will owe Hill and Poe for my success. Highly recommend to anyone serious about writing fiction. You wanna do it? Read Digital Ink.
Hazel Dixon-Cooper
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
DIGITAL INK is a must-read for every fiction writer in today's exploding E-Book market. Anyone can write and publish online. Few have real success. DIGITAL INK shows you how to make your book stand far above the competition.
Eve
Apr 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant! If you ever wanted to write, or are an experienced writer, this book is like being at the best writing conference ever -- but better. You can keep referring to what it really takes to get published and be successful in the e-book age.
Caitlin Sinead
I wouldn't recommend this book unless you haven't taken writing classes or read a lot of other craft books. About 85% of it was stuff I had heard before.

About 10% of it was stuff I actually don't agree with (and there are examples of many many popular and critically successful literature that break the "rules" they set in place). For example, they say that every scene needs tension (completely agree) and that tension is always character A wants A and character B wants B (gets in way of A). Whil
Virginia Welch
Jun 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As an author of two fiction and one nonfiction books, I'm always looking to improve my craft. So when I saw Hill & Poe's book as a freebie on Steve Weber's Kindle Buffet, I thought "Oh why not, it's free. Probably won't be much there of use, but the price is right."

Boy was I in for a surprise. This book is hugely informative, easy to read, easy to understand, wastes no time getting to main points, and does a good job of explaining what you should and should not do in writing strong fiction.
John Lewis
Apr 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Bonnie Hearn Hill and Christopher Allen Poe do not drudge on in Digital Ink: Writing Killer Fiction in the E-book Age. Chapters are broken up based on focus, each long enough to give important information while short enough to keep things clear. Examples keep things fresh, and the voice of Hill and Poe keep things interesting. They throw readers into the world of fiction writing in this easy to digest book that every author should read, regardless if writing for e-books or print. For the price t ...more
Melanie Kinder
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this while polishing my manuscript before submitting it to an editor and I'm glad that I did. This book clearly defines the importance of character development, and story structure with examples of what works, what doesn't and why. Now that the digital era is upon us it's more important than ever to study and improve your craft. If you're even thinking about writing I highly recommend this book. It's a fast read but loaded with valuable information.
Haley
Jul 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book through Goodreads First Reads.
I thought this book was a great source for writers. It covers all the aspects of writing a book and covers each one in depth. While there are many different concepts to understand, Digital Ink makes it easy to comprehend them. After reading Digital Ink, I know a lot more about writing and how to put together a novel now. This book is great for authors or those who want to become authors. I would definitely recommend it to these people.
Jennelle Henderson
I purchased this book directly from Christopher Allan Poe at the end of a speaking engagement he did at Citrus College a couple months back. The talk was very engaging and made me want more. That's what I found in this short book. It's short and too the point but has a lot of good advice within the just under 100 pages. I do not agree with everything in it, but it is about what I expected and based on his talk I was expecting a pretty good book.
Rebecca
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I had to read this for my creative writing class in college, and I read ahead and finished it.
If you're an aspiring author, or write any kind of fiction this is a MUST read. I learned so much from this book, it clearly tells what makes an excellent book with.
This is one of the few assigned books for college I'm going to keep!
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • The Portal
  • Shadow Spell (Seven Sorcerers #2)
  • The Mythic Guide to Characters: Writing Characters Who Enchant and Inspire
  • Journal Fodder 365: Daily Doses of Inspiration for the Art Addict
  • 59 Reasons to Write: Mini-Lessons, Prompts, and Inspiration for Teachers
  • 31 Days To A Clean And Organized Home:  How To Organize, Clean, And Keep Your Home Spotless
  • High Time for Heroes (Magic Tree House #51)
  • Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Vol. 4 (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, #4)
  • Bot Wars (Bot Wars, #1)
  • The Complete Bullshit-Free and Totally Tested Writing Guide: How to Make Publishers, Agents, Editors & Readers Fall in Love with Your Work
  • How I Made Over $42,000 in 1 Month Selling My Kindle eBooks
  • The Beginners Guide To Knitting - Learn How To Knit The Easy Way
  • Tell, Don't Show!
  • The Citizen Lobbyist: A How-to Manual for Making Your Voice Heard in Government
  • Balanced Raw: Combine Raw and Cooked Foods for Optimal Health, Weight Loss, and Vitality Burst: A Four-Week Program
  • Songbird
  • The Problem is YOU: How to Get Out of Your Own Way and Conquer Self-Defeating Behavior
  • Haunted Cattle Drive (Creepers Mysteries #1)
120361
Bonnie Hearn Hill's latest novel of suspense, THE RIVER BELOW, was described by Publishers Weekly as, a "poignant standalone (that) is as much a story about friendship and loss as it is a mystery."

Hill is the author of six thrillers from MIRA Books, the Star Crossed young adult series, and the Kit Doyle series, IF ANYTHING SHOULD HAPPEN (2015), GOODBYE FOREVER (2016), and I WISH YOU MISSED ME (20
More about Bonnie Hearn Hill...