Start by marking “Unicorn Witch” as Want to Read:
Unicorn Witch

Unicorn Witch

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  49 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
The inhabitants of the fourth planet of one of the last solar systems found before leaving this galaxy know their world as Refuge. They know only that a race referred to as the Old Ones brought their ancestors to it, and still, at the rate of twenty or thirty per year, continue to do so.From childhood, all are able to mentally call for small items such as food and it will ...more
Published August 2nd 2004 by PublishAmerica

To ask other readers questions about Unicorn Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Unicorn Witch

Jaime
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Welcome to Refuge, where unicorns really do exist and magic is the norm. In the last few years, people have been losing their ability to perform magic and Merlin, yes! Merlin!, leaves it up to Tyana and her familiar, a unicorn named Karim to discover why. Tyana is the only witch to have a unicorn as a familiar and the bond she shares with Karim is unlike any other. Tyana and Karim set off on a journey through Refuge to find out why people are losing their magical abilities and who is behind it. ...more
Lauren
Dec 21, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: YA and up
Unicorn Which is a very interesting story. It can be a bit confusing when you are first starting the book, because you jump back and forth between two different places that seem to be in two different times. Don't let this confuse you. The years are different because they started tracking dates at different times. They actually coexist at the same time. Refuge is a planet, equivalent to Earth, but is not nearly as populated and is inhabited by witches and various other awesome creatures. There i ...more
Yovana
Aug 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who loves fiction books and something new
"Given To Me For Review"
All i could say was wow. This is seriously something i would of read one day if someone recommended it to me. I got a great opportunity to read it. For the first few pages i was confused but i soon got the hang of it. This was something totally different from what i usually read. Even though i'm more of a vampire, werewolf kind of girl i loved this book. Witches, unicorns and something new to like, familiars. *you will get what i mean when you read this book*
(view spoile
Davida
Aug 27, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Teens and Adults
Great Read For Teens and Adults

It starts out with a young but powerful woman trying to save her home. It turns into a great story of love, friendship, determination, respect, magic, and mystery. It is set on another planet with magic and unicorns. All the action (romance/ violence) is there but mild enough for teens to read and intriguing enough for adults to be interested.

The main characters are Tyana Counter, the young powerful witch and her familiar Karim (unicorn). Detective Sergeant Marcus
Mad about
Aug 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
The Unicorn Witch is based on Refuge, the alternate world to Earth where magic exists and is a way of life to it's inhabitants. Anything needed is conjured with a thought and your animal familiar is your equal and best friend. Life is perfect...for those unaffected by a mystery illness robing people of their magic.

Tyana's friend Darren was the first affected when they were children but was by no means the last. Tyana progressed with her magical career while Darren stayed behind to continue life
Tena
Aug 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was an interesting book. The combination of magic/unicorns and of
other worlds made for a compelling read. While I did notice a few
editing mistakes, it did not distract me from reading and finishing the
book. I would recommend it to others.
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing

This book was absolutely amazing it's not a book I would normaly pick up to read but I'm so glad I did if your into magic/unicorns and different worlds I suggest you pick up this book because I'm glad I did
Laura Price
Aug 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Reminds me of the Pern series by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey. Will update as I have more of it read but 21% into it and I find it incredible and very well done.
Eve Peets
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What a awesome book. Adventure,romance,mystery,fantasy all rolled into one book. I can't wait to read the next one . Iterate this book a 5.
Cianna Sunshine & Mountains Book Reviews
***Review has been done in conjunction with Nerd Girl Official. For more information regarding our reviews please visit our Fansite: www.facebook.com/NerdGirl.ng ***
Grade: A+
For the easily confused, this book might not work. You jump back and forth between two different settings for the book, especially in the beginning. It part of the plan, and stay the course, because this book is worth it!
We see Refuge, planet like earth, inhabited by witches and various other freaking cool creatures. This i
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Dec 04, 2012 rated it did not like it
(This review may contain spoilers).

I really did like the idea behind this book. Unfortunately, it fell short of a lot of my expectations and just fell into the same category as so many other YA books... but more at the tail-end of bad.

I've never been interested in reading about characters who are so powerful, everything falls into their lap. By the end of the book, it was just reading about how wonderful and amazing the good guys were and how bad the bad guys were. There was no true conflict - a
Mollie
I wanted to like this book. I really did. A new world filled only with magical people transplanted from Earth. they use their powers openly and everyone is equal and gets along. But someone is stealing their powers and it's up to one woman and her unicorn familiar to figure out who it is and how to stop them.

the premise is good. I described the book to a few people and they were right into it.

but then you start reading it. And it's okay the first few pages. a little clunky and weird dialogue fo
Sam
This was a delightful fantasy adventure. It took a little while—the first few chapters—to really get going but once it did I couldn't stop reading it. Honestly, keep with it, you'll be missing out on a lovely story if you don't.

Much of the book is set in the world of Refuge. The population is a mixture of human and fantastical creatures—and the humans at least are there because they were rescued from certain death on Earth by the mysterious "Old Ones." All of the inhabitants have some level of m
P.S. Winn
Dec 07, 2015 rated it liked it
In the special world of Refuge,far, far away, readers will find magic,mystery and suspense. Ho awesome would it be to conjure up what you need with a thought and have your favorite animal be your familiar. When people begin to lose their magic readers are taken on the adventure of finding out why. The author is able to create a mystifying,magical world of adventure and daring. The main drawback to this book were a few strange font changes, but other than thought I found this story a good one for ...more
Sherri
May 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. I couldn't put it down. I loved the characters. At first in was a bit confusing jumping around from one location to the next, but once I started to get further in, it all made sense. The book is well written and the characters are well developed. It gave a good amount of background information on the characters.
Tyana lives on Refuge. A world where everyone uses magic and from time to time someone from Earth will randomly appear. There have been a number of people wh
Tabitha Wilson
May 07, 2015 rated it it was ok
Please, please, please do not let my review stop you from getting this book.

With that being said, I had to push through after 10%. In no way am I saying that this book isn't worth the read because it is. It's well written, the characters are really well developed and it flows nicely. I just couldn't get in to it.
Elise Ochoa
Nov 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Ok this was a great book. I'm a big fan of unicorns; magic and the legends of the wizard Merlin. I also love the fact that to preform these magical things they didn't need a wand or even a spell. This book has all these things combined into one. I wasn't so much into the whole romance soul mate thing but I feel the magic and adventure made up for a little of it.
Monica
Aug 13, 2015 rated it liked it
Not a bad book. Confusing at first and it didn't flow well for me anyways. I know some liked it but its one of those you like or dont. I didnt like it much and not something I'll continue with the series. Good idea though just didnt get executed well. Its not for everyone but give it a try and make that conclusion yourself! :)
Christina
Jul 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I recommend this book to everyone. This book was different then other books I have read. The incorporation of witches, "fairytale" creatures, other planets, and aliens was awesome. I cannot wait to read the other 2 books in the series. Thank you:)
Melanie
May 29, 2014
  • Havoc
  • The Prince Commands
  • The Caldarian Conflict
  • The Magic of Highland Dragons (The Clan MacCoinnach, #1)
  • Dreamwalker (The Ballad of Sir Benfro, #1)
  • Simon's Cat in Kitten Chaos (Simon's Cat, #3)
  • The Scrolls of Xavier
  • Water Dance (Sisterhood of the Ring)
  • Revelations (The Merlin Chronicles  #1)
  • The Trinity (Fall of Venus, #3)
  • Jack Canon's Women of the House
  • The Cat Who Said...Dance!
  • Demon Royale (The Dream Slayer, #2)
  • Dublin Dead   (Mulcahy, #2)
  • Ascendancy (The Godswar Saga, #1)
  • Mating Call (New Breeds #3)
  • The Bride That Time Forgot (Brenda & Effie Mystery #5)
  • Family Secrets: Secrets of the Night, #1
Born in 1936, I became a full-time professional dancer after university. Now semi-retired I split my time between my home with my wife Maureen in a little village South East of London, England, near where my son Matt lives with his wife Lani, and in New York visiting my daughter Melanie with her American husband Greg, and their children Emily and Mathew.

I enjoy reading, writing, and is just learni