Start by marking “Spider-Men” as Want to Read:
Spider-Men

Spider-Men

(Spider-Men #1-5)

It's the ULTIMATE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN EVENT OF THE YEAR, as Spider-Man comes face-to-face with ...Spider-Man! Can even Peter Parker and Miles Morales - the Spider-Men of two worlds - defeat Mysterio, the Master of Illusions? And what happens when Miles encounters an older, wiser version of his inspiration, Peter Parker? Guest starring Nick Fury and the Ultimates! Be here fo ...more
Published November 28th 2012 by Marvel Comics (first published September 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Spider-Men, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spider-Men

Sam Quixote
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was ok
Because bullhonky, Mysterio somehow creates a device that opens a portal to the Ultimates universe where (I think 616-Universe) Peter Parker gets zapped and meets Miles Morales aka Ultimate Spider-Man. They have some conveniently book-sized ‘ventures before the status quo is reinstated. And that’s Spider-Men. Any good? Nah. NEXT!

I loves me some Miles Morales comics and even though his creators, the Bendyman and the Pitcher-laydee, reunite to helm this one, it just felt hopelessly contrived and
Terence
Sep 04, 2015 rated it really liked it
After a hard day of keeping the city safe, Peter Parker finds what clearly looks to be a criminal's hideout. Inside he discovers a bright light and what appears to be a fish bowl. Spidey has stumbled into Mysterio's lair and before he knows what's happening he's transported somewhere else and it's daytime. As he prepares to swing away he bumps into someone quite unexpected.
description

Of course Peter freaks out especially as everyone here knows Peter Parker was Spider-Man. As Peter tries to find out what'
Scott S.
Dec 30, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
You know, on paper this concept must've sounded like a guaranteed home run -- team up Peter Parker and Miles Morales under their arachnid alter egos and let the webs and quips fly. Too bad in execution it only had a good start, a great scene in the middle (Peter is reunited with Aunt May and Gwen Stacy - the book's best part), and then it sort of forgot about having much of a solid ending.
Nicolo Yu
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital-comics
The awaited crossover between the regular Marvel 616 universe and of the Ultimate variety featured two versions of the company's most iconic character. It was also a rare opportunity for Brian Bendis to write the classic Spider-Man not as the class clown as he appeared in his Avengers titles but as the main lead of his own title and as a matured and more experienced hero. Even after three readings, I discover a lot of stuff I missed initially. There is a lot of things going on for this five issu ...more
Sesana
Feb 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics, superhumans
So it's a gimmick book. There's no other way to describe a reality hopping adventure that allows two different versions of Spider-Man to meet: Peter Parker from the original Marvel universe and Miles Morales from the Ultimate universe. It's a gimmick, the sort of thing that's usually meant to drive up sales. It doesn't need to be good. It doesn't need to have heart. And yet, against all odds, Spider-Men is good, and it does have a heart.

But I might be biased at this point. I've become a big fan
Sud666
Mar 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics
Wow what can I say? This is really, really good. There I said it. Written by the supern B.M. Bendis this is a tale of two different realities. The "normal" one and the "Ultimates" universe. In one, Peter Parker is Spiderman and things are more like our reality. In the Ultimates world- Peter Parker was killed as a teenager and Miles Morales became Spiderman. This is the universe where Nick Fury is a black guy, and SHIELD is a US run organization (not the retards from the UN) and operates out of t ...more
Anthony
Jul 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spider-man
This is the best thing Bendis has written in years. It's up to the same high standard as his early Ultimate Spider-man stuff.

It's a simple story: Peter Parker, of the regular Marvel Universe, ends up in the Ultimate Universe. It's the crossover they told us would never happen. But it did, so we may as well get over that and enjoy it for what it is.

I think doing a '616 Peter meets Ultimate Peter' story would have been boring, since Ultimate Peter was just a younger version of 616 Peter. But, Pet
Jay
Sep 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Even though Brian M Bendis created Spider-Men as a five-issue mini-series, I thought that this short run deserved an 8-12 issue set.

Having Peter Parker jump through a portal and actually meet Miles Morales in a world without Peter Parker was brilliant. They battled for a bit and got to learn each other's powers which I thought was pretty neat.

When Peter Parker meets Aunt May and Gwen Stacy was truly touching. I almost cried. I was touched but no tears fell down.

On the other side, I felt as if My
Jason
Bendis is consistently great. Not easy to do for such a prolific funny book writer (some inevitable stinkers here and there).

The cliffhanger at the end of the series...I must know who/what 616 Miles Morales is!
Alex
May 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love comic books and I really enjoyed this. Can't wait to read more just like this.
Taschima
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was so excited when I found this comic at the comic book shop! 50% off no less! I quickly bought it, quickly read it, and quickly got slightly confused.

I am not confused, am I confused? Are you confused? You are, aren't you? I think I may be too. I wish these comics came with a little guide that helped you find yourself in the comics timeline. I figure this story happened before Big Time, definitely before Spider-Verse. I also don't think Spider-Gwen and Mile Morales share the same Earth (PLEA
Gene Kannenberg Jr
The reason this book exists is the very reason that so many people find it hard to "get" superhero comics. Briefly? There's another "Marvel Universe"* outside the regular one with all the heroes you probably know (from the movies if nowhere else**). This "Ultimate universe" has the same heroes, mostly, although with sometimes subtle, other times profound differences. Perhaps the biggest difference is that "Ultimate" Spider-Man--a youthful Peter Parker--died. In the Ultimate universe, at least so ...more
Mike
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: completed-series
Your Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man (the one bitten by the radioactive spider) spots an eerie purple energy bolt while swinging through New York one evening. On investigating, he encounters his old enemy Mysterio and is sucked into the damaged eerie-purple-energy-bolt-creating device and delivered into a different part of Manhattan, now in broad daylight.
Well, not exactly the Manhattan he knows. Turns out there is a different Spider-Man here, successor to Peter Parker and in a different suit (
Ondra Král
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Na druhý čtení mě Spider-Men bavili o něco víc (neměl jsem moc velký očekávání). Příběh stojí hlavně na dialozích mezi ultimátním castem a Spideym (Bendisova silná stránka), akce a Mysterio-Scarecrow je docela meh. 3,5*
Will Cooper
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was ok
Spider-Man (from age 13, so a while back) swings around and finds Mysterio who has found a portal to the Ultimate universe and Mystie throws him in the portal. Interesting premise.

But then it's dumb.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Mysterio thinks about shutting down the portal to banish Spider-Man forever...but he decides to send his avatar to fight him in the Ultimate universe. He jostled him, but GASP didn't kill him, so instead of shutting down the portal, he just keeps it open?

I guess the small sa
Nerdish Mum
Jun 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review to follow.
Matthew
Jun 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just as powerful the second time around. Cannot wait for Spider-Men II.
Celyn
Dec 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
:')
Cameron
Jan 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Spider-Men is the worst kind of amazing. The kind that goes by way too fast and is over way too soon. It's so good that I considered not giving it back to the library I borrowed it from because I didn't want the book to leave my house. (I said considered! I returned it. I'm not evil.) It's not the best Spider-Man (Men? Whatever.) story, but few have left me with a bigger desire to obtain more of it than this one.

The story sees Spider-Man attempting to foil an evil plot by Mysterio involving a tr
Ken Moten
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This is, to my mind, the third best storyline in Miles Morales' initial run (after Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Vol. 4 and Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Vol. 5, respectively). This series would be taking place some time around the events of Ultimate Comics Spider-Man, Vol.3 (I would say before the official meeting took place in that book) and this special is the deal breaker. If you did not like the title or character after this you were not going to ever and the opposite is true. I still read this ...more
Ryan Stewart
Re-read 2019: I'm on a big arachnid kick after the incredible Spiderverse movie, and this really held up on a second reading. It's still a blast. My initial opinions haven't changed, only solidified.

2015 review: What to say about Spider-Men? ... Holy web shooters this was fun.

I know people love to hate on Brian Michael Bendis but, for my money, he spins some of the best Spider-Man tales ever told. And he's really in tip-top form here.

The premise is pretty simple: Peter accidentally stumbles u
Mike
Dec 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Fun, funny and occasionally touching. A great crossover event that ends too soon. I wish to hell this had gone on for a very long time - there are so many ways to mine the possibilities of these Spider-Men touching each others' lives. Just getting to see and talk to an alternate-reality version of so many people you know, love, trust or hate is an amazing confluence of wish-fulfilment and fantasy. Why *wouldn't* you want to stick around as long as possible and find out what's fundamental about p ...more
Justyn Rampa
Sep 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So I read this in single issues mostly because I am a HUGE Brian Michael Bendis fan and I also have been reading Ultimate Comics Spiderman featuring Miles Morales, plus it seemed like an intriguing concept that was promised never to happen.

The premise is a crossover event between the 616 Marvel Universe (where most Marvel stories takes place) and the Ultimate Universe (where all the Ultimate Marvel stories take place). Originally, Ultimate Marvel was created as a way to tell new and different st
Gavin
Jul 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
I really enjoyed this book, as I do most by Bendis. However, this was a great idea, crossing over Peter Parker from the regular Marvel Universe into the Ultimate Marvel Universe. In that universe, he's dead, so it's sort of like a ghost appearing, and he manages to make quite an impact in his time there. He runs into the new Ultimate Spider-Man, Miles Morales, and it's like a kid getting to meet his hero back from the dead. He also runs into the Ultimate versions of Nick Fury, Iron Man, Thor and ...more
Fugo Feedback
Dec 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans de las franquicias
Recommended to Fugo by: Que estaba a mano
Quién hubiera dicho que un comic tan lleno de lugares comunes y que rompía una de las reglas implícitas del universo Ultimate (jamás cruzarse con el universo "oficial") me iba a resultar tan entretenido, emocionante y -para mi sorpresa- hasta un poco emotivo. Claro que el espectacular dibujo de Sara Pichelli ayuda mucho, muchíiiisimo, al ambiente dinámico y fantástico-familiar de la obra, y quizás con otra dibujante el promedio habría bajado mucho. Pero la verdad que gracias a su trazo me enganc ...more
William
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was ok
Crossover between the mainstream universe Spider-Man and the Ultimate version. The art by Sara Pichelli gives it a higher mark than I'd otherwise give the story. True to form, Bendis just can't write characters with their own voices... everyone sounds like they're parroting him. And he seems to have no idea what Mysterio is capable of, putting the character well above his punching weight in terms of having him be able to cross dimensions. Given that he disregards continuity endlessly, we shouldn ...more
Shaun
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is an emotionally satisfying passing of the torch of Peter Parker Spider-Man to Miles Morales Spider-Man. The only real failing of this comic is that the story is too short and could have plumbed the depths of this scenario a little more deeply. But I'm also happy with everything we did get out of this book.
Brandon
Apr 04, 2014 rated it really liked it
COME ON, BENDIS! What's up with the Miles Morales of the regular Marvel Universe?! Also, for real, I got choked up when Peter Parker meets Ultimate Aunt May and Gwen Stacy.
Scott
Jul 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics, favourites
This was everything I wanted and more.
Heather
Dec 25, 2015 rated it did not like it
DNF
  • Spider-Man: Ends of the Earth
  • Ultimate Comics Avengers vs. New Ultimates: Death of Spider-Man
  • Daredevil, Volume 7
  • Ultimate Comics Ultimates, Volume 2: Two Cities. Two Worlds.
  • Ultimate Comics: X-Men, Volume 1