Start by marking “Avenging Spider-Man: The Good, the Green and the Ugly” as Want to Read:
Avenging Spider-Man: The Good, the Green and the Ugly

Avenging Spider-Man: The Good, the Green and the Ugly

(Avenging Spider-Man (Collected Editions) #2)

Collects Avenging Spider-Man #7, 9-10 & 12-13. First, it's a night out on the town with Spider-Man and She-Hulk! Then, Spidey plummets into action with the all new Captain Marvel! Unfortunately, they're 50,000 feet up - and only one of them can fly! Plus, the team-up you've all been waiting for: Spider-Man and Deadpool take on...high school?!
Published March 5th 2013 by Marvel

To ask other readers questions about Avenging Spider-Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Avenging Spider-Man

Callie Rose Tyler
May 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: marvel, comics
Spiderman teams up with She Hulk! What!

Spiderman teams up with Ms. Mavel (now Captain Marvel)...

Spiderman teams up with Deadpool...

Spiderman has a run in with....Hypno-Hustler?!

Ugh, this comic was pretty disappointing. She Hulk was a total bitch and not at all her quippy self. Captain Marvel was reduced to a nothing character in one of the most boring stories I have ever read. The one and only saving grace was Deadpool but it was quickly ruined by the appearance of Hypno-Hustler. These comics ar
Mouse
Mar 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
Giant cat Goddess....waste of time....Nuff said!
Sophie (Blame Chocolate)
It was cool to revisit Spider-Man, Deadpool, Carol Danvers and the lot. Deadpool's issues were particularly entertaining, as expected, and I always love Spider-Man teaming up with other people. He's hands down one of the most chill and fun superheroes to read about. However, it still felt like I was parachuting in the middle of something and not getting the whole picture. The stories were all pretty random and failed to deliver a more substantial response, which was disappointing. I love the art ...more
Sean
May 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Spider-Man completists
This was just a weird hodge-podge of stories collected for next to no reason. Kelly Sue DeConnick is a good writer but these tales all felt like fill-in stories. Captain Marvel and Spider-Man teaming up would normally excite me but due to the less than stellar plot and lackluster "villains" this didn't amount to much. The Deadpool story was even worse as the art was also a big miss. Overall, these were bland and forgettable stories that definitely don't have anything to do with Spider-Man "aveng ...more
Jdetrick
The Captain Marvel and She-Hulk stories are easily 5/5 stories, fun and exciting while also doing a great job with the personalities of the characters. The final two issues, a Deadpool team-up, isn't bad, but it's trying just a little too hard.
Shane
The art in these comics has been excellent. The stories are kind of all over the place, I think they're using it as a tool to get people interested in other series. The writing is decent though so it's still fun.
Júlia
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
so much fun! also, spideypool rocks my world everytime.
Ann D-Vine
Oct 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Avenging Spider-Man is a series highlighting Spider-Man's team-ups with various other Marvel characters. This volume collects stories featuring She-Hulk, Captain Marvel (Carol Danvers), and Deadpool.

All three stories are perfectly serviceable, but they are only that - serviceable. None really come across as anything particularly special, but they are enjoyable in their own right. It's not a book worth reading or owning in any specific capacity, but Spider-Man or Marvel fans will find the adequa
Jeff Lanter
Feb 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: graphic-novels
I liked the first volume of this series well enough, but this was pretty poor and will be the last volume of Avenging Spider-Man I read. The reasons that I disliked this volume may not necessarily apply to everyone though so read on and see if this book might be for you. The issues collected here are a bit odd and seemingly random. I read these issues on Marvel Unlimited and am disappointed that the issue I did enjoy (which is about Uncle Ben's death and how it affected Peter) is not collected h ...more
Nerdish Mum
Dec 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I picked up a few graphic novels this week and one of them was Avenging Spider-man: The Good, The Green and The Ugly written by Kelly Sue DeConnick and art by Stuart Immonen

I really enjoyed this book! To me it portrayed Spider-man exactly how he should be, sarcastic, funny and annoying (to the other characters at least). The book was split into three stories in which Spidey teamed up with a different character for one reason or another.

The first story Spidey teamed up with She Hulk. I have never
Arthur Cravan
Jun 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: marvel, comics
This collection of stories is nothing special, but they're all pretty enjoyable. I don't get why anyone would particularly dislike any of them. They're all kinda on par with each other, though in different ways. She-Hulk annoyed me in the first story, but Spidey had some nice quips & it was a genuinely weird little tale. The second two-parter with Captain Marvel was also quite out-of-the-box, though as with the first, there's not much sense of wonder to the enjoyment. The third two-parter wi ...more
Anchorpete
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it
She-Hulk

Captain Marvel

Deadpool

These were the three characters Spidey teamed up with. Did this book make me want to read any of their own stand alone books? Not really. The Captain Marvel story was even written by Kelly Sue Deconnick, and I still didn't really care.

I think it is an issue of the format. We comic book dorks really love ongoing stories, that reward you for reading every issue. Having stories that take place in a single issue, or over the course of two issues doesn't have that hook.
Andy
Feb 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: spider-man, comics
This is getting a bad rep but I really enjoyed these stories. Sometimes it's nice to have a stand alone story which doesn't pay too much mind to the ongoing continuity. Here were get a lot of humour, some great action and a real sense of how annoying Pete can be to the other heroes.

I'm not sure if that was an accurate representation of She Hulk (I suspect not) but I really didn't like her. The actually story was pretty bizarre and entertaining though and Pete's Egyptian geekery wins the day.

I q
Holden Attradies
Jun 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This series is incredibly good. Humor, awesome team ups, great one off villains. the art is varied but constantly good.

I admit that I initially grabbed this solely by the cover, being Captain Marvel is my favorite Super Hero. I was in now way disappointed by the story arc featuring her, and I have to say that those two issues may be my current favorite comic stories ever. There is a perfect mix of action, character driven story, humor, and the art is perfect. the "villain" in that story ended up
Chris Lemmerman
This is a very varied volume, which doesn't quite hit all the right notes.

The first story by Kathryn Immonen is good for a few laughs, but has some very clunky dialogue that drags it down. Kelly Sue DeConnick's Captain Marvel two parter is probably the most enjoyable, but has a quite confusing plot that relies on characters being pigheaded in order for the story to advance. Finally, Kevin Shinick's Deadpool two parter is decent, but tries a little too hard and is quite forgetable.

The art is rema
Lloyd
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
My decision to read this book came at a good time. I had enjoyed the first volume of the title, I needed some Spider-Man in my life, and I'd find a sale on these issues.

I'm not really going to say anything that you probably haven't already read about this book. It's a Spider-Man team-up book (in this book, with She-Hulk, Captain Marvel, & Deadpool), it's designed more for laughs than deep stories (which it certainly provides, hilarious), and the artwork, though by various artists, is phenome
Ronald
Jan 05, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: spider-man, comics
This collection of the Avenging Spider-Man: The Good, the Green and the Ugly was very entertaining. This was a collection of all the funny issues, #7, #9-10 and #12-13. We get to see the She-Hulk with a cats tale fight with Bastet the cat goddess. Then Spider-Man teams up with Captain Marvel to fight an evil bank and giant friendly robot. With the final showdown being a team up with Deadpool. The dialog for all these issues was excellent. The stories while maybe not smart were at least entertain ...more
Feb 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Surprisingly awesome. First Spider-Man comic I've ever liked (grabbed it cuz o' DeConnick's Captain America).

The one-on-one team-ups are the perfect format for Spidey; still full o' puns, but the effect is mellowed (and sometimes even mocked) by his partners. And because the focus is on action, there's no time for the usual angsty Peter Parker-ness. The Captain America story is solid, the She-Hulk one made me want to read more of the character, and the Deadpool team-up... well, that's just a ca
Nico Raymond
Oct 14, 2014 rated it liked it
So, the Captain Marvel and She Hulk stories (by Kelly Sue DeConnik and Kathryn Immonen, respectively) were really fun. DeConnik doing Carol is always great, and the only reason I bought this.If you like Captain Marvel, read this. It's like an extra two issues of that book. Plus Cap and Spidey are always good foils. The last story, the Deadpool one, it was just weird. It wasn't my bag and I thought the art was wonky.
Adam Fisher
Mar 10, 2014 rated it really liked it
This volume started off as mediocre. First a team up with She-Hulk, then Captain Marvel....I wasn't really looking forward to the rest of the book. Then DEADPOOL!!! Hilarious! Spidey and Deadpool should team up way more often. I haven't laughed that hard in quite some time. Full of irony and off-the-wall nerd references, I highly recommend!
sixthreezy
Apr 01, 2014 rated it liked it
Kind of lackluster in comparison to the previous volume, but the Spidey-Pool bit at the end saved this book. After reading this, I'm interested to hunt down some more Spidey-Pool comics because this was hilarious. So, it may not have had the story or action of the first volume, but it could definitely be crowned the king of laughter because of Deadpool alone.
Ryan
Mar 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I bought this one for no other reason than I saw the last page. Haven't read the previous issues but I will pick them up if I get the chance! It was really funny, especially the Deadpool issues. Let's do the time warp again! ;]
Jordan Lahn
Aug 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty much read this for the Captain Marvel story. Love the friendship between those characters. Is there anyone Carol Danvers isn't great with? The rest of the stories were good too, but wildly different in tone!
Amanda
Feb 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Various adventures with Spidey and assorted friends. The issues written by Kelly Sue (and featuring Captain Marvel) are my favorite, obviously, but the Deadpool and She-Hulk ones are fun too!
Delaney
Sep 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
can kelly sue deconnick ALWAYS write spiderman and/or deadpool? thanks
Bjorn Biel Beltran
Sep 19, 2015 rated it liked it
Wish it was more character-focused like the last volume.
dennis
Jun 08, 2013 rated it liked it
averaged rating. the first two tales, with she-hulk and captain marvel, 4 stars. the inclusion of deadpool, who i can't stand? brings it to 2 stars, so i'll average it.
Jenni
Nov 28, 2013 rated it liked it
An easy four stars for the She-Hulk and Captain Marvel issues, but only two stars for the Deadpool ones, so three overall.
Nicole
May 21, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The issues where Peter teams up with Captain Marvel and She-Hulk were four star worth, but the ones with Deadpool were two star worthy, so averaging it out.

• Avenging Spider-Man: My Friends Can Beat Up Your Friends
  • Defenders By Matt Fraction Vol. 2
  • Power Girl, Vol. 3: Bomb Squad
  • Marvel's The Avengers - Road to The Avengers
  • Spider-Man: Grim Hunt

Avenging Spider-Man (Collected Editions) (5 books)
  • Avenging Spider-Man: My Friends Can Beat Up Your Friends