Start by marking “Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)” as Want to Read:
Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)

Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1

(Magical x Miracle #1)

It's a tale of magic, mystery, and mistaken identity!

Merleawe has just arrived in Viegald, where she hopes to study magic at one of the best schools in the kingdom. But shortly after she arrives, the Master Wizard Sylthfarn--the greatest magician of Viegald--goes missing. With panic setting in and a country in need, the followers of Sylthfarn discover that Merleawe looks
Published April 11th 2006 by TokyoPop

To ask other readers questions about Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1

Start your review of Magical X Miracle, Vol. 1 (Magical x Miracle, #1)
Laura (ローラ)
It's not my normal genre, fitting somewhere between shoujo, fantasy, magic, and adventure. I've enjoyed it on several occasions. It has enough character development to be satisfying, and few enough of the usual scenarios to keep my interest. Nice and sweet. And, as my usual pattern, will probably read it again this year.
~Cyanide Latte~
May 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: fans of shoujo and fantasy
If you've been following my reviews for a while, you know I've started a trend in my manga reviews where I've begun hunting down manga series I read a little of when I was in high school but never got to finish, for the sake of getting to re-read the stories as an adult and finally finish them. This one was actually one I never read (not that I can recall,) though I do remember having heard about it from a few friends, and it was nice to finally pick up a copy and crack it open.

Magical x Miracle
Ren
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own-books
This is something I've wanted to read for year's now and finally got around to it.

It's about Merleawe, the main character, trying to become a wizard. She is just starting wizarding school when she gets kidnapped by a random stranger off the street and taken to a castle. There, she find's out that she looks exactly like the Master Wizard that has somehow disappeared and no one knows where he is. She get's asked to take his place while they, the servants, try to find him and make sure the town's
KagamiSama
Dec 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first manga I ever bought on my own when I first started reading mangas, and it will always hold a special place in my heart. It did not have the most amazing or original story, but the characters were likeable - Merleawe is almost impossibly sweet, and she always tries her best. The adorable outfits were definitely one of the strengths of the manga.
Alyssa
Series review: I enjoyed this one, gender bends are always fun. I only wish Merleawe was given a love interest. If you want something with romance in it, this is not it.

Ship: Merleawe x Fern
kim
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Volume 1: Country girl goes to a large city to learn magic, gets kidnapped by a stranger, and has to impersonate a male head magician. All of this in one day; I can't wait for vol 2!
Sandra
This used to be one of my favourite mangas. When I started re-reading it now, some 3 years later, I initially liked it a lot less than I used to. The manga was cute, yes, but predictable and it had a story that had been told many times before. All the same, as I continued the re-read, I kept on falling in love with everyone just like I used to. I also cried my way through the last two volumes, just like I used to.

One of my favourite things about this manga is that it's a lovely story of
Maddie
May 17, 2011 rated it really liked it
"Merlawe has just arrived in Viegald, where she hopes to study magic at one of the best schools in the kingdom. But shortly after she arrives, the arrives, the Great Magician Sylthfarn--the master wizard of Viegald-- goes missing. With panic setting in and a country in need, the followers of Sylthfarn discover that Merleawe looks remarkably like the Great Magician. With the right training and guidance, she just might pass as Sylthfarn. But is Merleawe "man" enough to bring peace to the kingdom?" ...more
Christina
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Young Merleawe is a country side girl who had traveled to the kingdom capitol only to study magic and become a wizard. But when Vaith, captain of the Black Knights, finds her and mistakes her for the Master Wizard, whom had gone missing previously, she is taken to the castle to play figurehead for the missing grand wizard, but does she have what it takes to lie to every face in the kingdom of Viegald?
Dexter
Jan 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
An interesting little manga that I'm looking forward to continuing. Merleawe, while stereotypical, is interesting enough, as are the other characters. They all have a bit of depth and mystery to them that makes it entertaining. The major downfall is that the art is a little chaotic, and it's hard to understand what I'm looking at for the first few pages.

I'm also very curious as to where the real Master Wizard has gone.
Emma (BelleBooks)
Jan 23, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Cute and sweet manga, very easy and quick to read! I enjoyed the story of it and the use of magic, and the idea of the magic school.

I have not had much time for reading recently (uni dissertation!), so I've been reading more manga than usual as I find I can get through one in about 20-30 minutes.
Hannah
Nov 23, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This was a great book. >^-^< When I was at the library the other day, I realized that I am running out of Manga to read! *o* So, because I had a lot of time, I looked for a new series to read. I found this one and it looked good, so I read it and it was an AMAZING book! >^-^< I really loked it! >^-^<
Susan707
Mar 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing
this book genre is fantasy and the story starts out as the price of this magical place is missing and when the people go to find him they find a girl that looks just like him . they bring her into the kingdom. but later on in the story the princess finds out she is not the prince because of one mistake she made when they were talking in her room.
Sophia
Sep 27, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Nothing radically special but I really liked it for its sweet main character.

The plot is that the girl has to dress up as the main wizard because he has disappeared so to keep the people from panicking. Not original, but I like how it is portrayed and the girl makes you feel for her. The ending is sad :(
Sarah Cullen
Oct 12, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Great book! I loved it and I am eager to get the next one soon! ^^
Christine
Case of mistaken identity.
Megan
Nov 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
love
Xjgigi
Feb 06, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
The style was pretty, but I couldn't bring myself to finish the series.
Cheri
Apr 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, 2009, fantasy
Japanese Anima is very different and yet like the old comic books just backwards. I enjoyed this . Will read more.
Timothy807
This is an amazing book now if your a fan of fantasy then you really should read this. When you read this book you will not want to stop reading it.
Rubie
Aug 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
its awesome!!!
Lord
Aug 04, 2009 rated it did not like it
Shelves: manga, fantasy
Would you like to read a harry potterish rip-off for 10 year old children with below average artwork? Well, this manga is for you. Everyone else stay away.
Naomi
Nov 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
It is another great beginning, I want to keep collecting this series. The magic, the outfits, and so much more, I love it all!
Mariah
Dec 23, 2013 added it
This was one sweet manga. Mistaken for the wizard she's given a chance to impersonate him instead. Funny things ensue. Well worth the read.
Fyre_ Knight
Stinachan
Jul 26, 2014
Kerr
Oct 08, 2010

• Ultra Maniac, Vol. 01 (Ultra Maniac, #1)
  • Ouran High School Host Club, Vol. 1 (Ouran High School Host Club, #1)
  • Freakling (Psi Chronicles, #1)
  • Geeks, Girls and Secret Identities
  • Coraline
  • Magus of the Library, Vol. 1
  • Cactus's Secret, Vol. 01
  • The Beast Player
  • Smashed: Junji Ito Story Collection
  • A Silent Voice, Vol. 1 (A Silent Voice, #1)
  • Kome Si Belang vol. 1 (Kome, #1)
  • Zeroes (Zeroes, #1)
  • かくかくしかじか 1 (Kakukaku Shikajika, #1)
  • Bride of the Water God, Volume 1
  • The Plain Janes (Janes, #1)
  • Cactus's Secret, Vol. 04
  • The Drawing Lesson: A Graphic Novel That Teaches You How to Draw
  • Shadowfell (Shadowfell, #1)
Favorites:
Color-Pink and other pale colors
Spicy foods even wasabi

Magical x Miracle (6 books)
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 2 (Magical x Miracle, #2)
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 3 (Magical x Miracle, #3)
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 4 (Magical x Miracle, #4)
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 5 (Magical x Miracle, #5)
  • Magical X Miracle, Vol. 6 (Magical x Miracle, #6)