Start by marking “It Had to Be You” as Want to Read:
It Had to Be You

It Had to Be You

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  609 Ratings  ·  32 Reviews
Trust is not high on straight-talking rancher Dan Jarrett's list. He doesn't believe there are many people worthy of it. Case-in-point: his new stepfather. His widowed mother says it was love at first sight, but Dan is convinced the man is a con artist spending his mother's nest egg. And the only reason Dan's going on the family holiday cruise is to gain time to prove his ...more
Published June 1st 2006 by Multnomah (first published June 8th 2001)

To ask other readers questions about It Had to Be You, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about It Had to Be You

May 12, 2010 rated it it was ok
This book was cute in parts, but was an overall dissapointment. The plot line of avoiding grieving her parents deaths was barely developed, and that would have been the most real part of the book in my opinion.

I usually don't mind cheesy, but come on now. All the cowboy, horse, ranch, animal references? I can't imagine anyone is that hokey in real life.

It was fun to read about people on a cruise, as it made me think back to my sister and my cruise vacation. I'm not sure this book makes me want t
Amy
Nov 15, 2007 rated it really liked it
This one is such a cute book by Linda Windsor. The main character, Sunny Elders, is on a quest to endure a family holiday cruise as the chaperone of her sister's kids. Sunny is a quick witted, determined, "walking accident-waiting-to-happen". I was hooked after jsut reading the first chapter. You're either laughing out loud at the crazy things that can happen to Sunny Elders or instantly sympathetic at her misadventures. Read it if you're looking for a clean book that will give you a few laughs. ...more
Sheila
Nov 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
This is the third time I've read this book, I had to choose something from my own bookshelves to read. I never tire reading this book. It is a light romance with lots of humor. I like Linda Windsor books because she keeps the content clean and you don't need to worry about language, or inappropriate happenings in a book. In every book I have read that Linda Windsor has written, there is humar as well. I really like her books especially when you want to read something light and fun.
Lindsey
Jan 27, 2009 rated it liked it
This book was good in the aspect that I feel like I can relate to the main character a lot. She's a total klutz, and likes to keep feelings bottled in, and she likes cowboys. :) The cowboy is also an interesting character. However, this book is preachy too with reference constantly to God and finding room in your life for Him. Overall a good light read. It was clean, and kept me interested.
D'Arcy Mattis
Apr 11, 2010 rated it really liked it
I have read this book way too many times. I know the story like the back of my hand, but it still makes me happy and laugh each time I read it
Very easy light-hearted read. Love taking this book on vacation with me to read while I lounge by the pool. The author ties in humor very well, I have been on a couple of cruises and this book always makes me want to go on another.
IrenesBookReviews
Dec 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
The funny meeting of the two major characters in “It Had To Be You” will have you cheering for them to get together right from the start. Sunny and Dan start their love journey on a Thanksgiving cruise with their families.

The relationship of Sunny and Dan is the main story of this book written by Linda Windsor. They are both on the cruise for a different reason. Sunny is on the journey to help take care of her niece and nephew. Their characters are well written and help make the book believable.
C.
This book has actually beaten "How Not To Live Abroad by Shaun Briley" as the funniest non-comedy genre book that I have ever read! Develops a great romance as well.

The author definitely has a talent for comedy writing,as well as great character development,and ability to write an original romance that not only had me laughing from beginning to end,but held my interest and made me really care about the characters. This book also caused me to want to learn more about cruise ship vacations!

This b
Pamela(AllHoney)
Rancher Dan Jarrett goes on a cruise mainly to keep an eye on his mother and his new step-father, who he has yet to trust. Sunny is there to help her sister and brother-in-law have a little alone time by taking care of her niece and nephew.

A Christian romance with a heavy dose of humor. I really loved it. I'm really not a big reader of Christian romance because I feel some of them get really preachy at times and the plot will suffer. The plot never suffered with this one.
Michelle
Jul 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
An amazing read with a hilarious heroine and fun setting aboard a cruise ship! The characters interact with humor and wit as they learn to trust in God and each other with the grief and hardships they face in their lives.
Whitney Hassell
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is excellent, I loved every minutes of reading it, tears and laughter included. I have to highly recommend this book to anyone going through a hardship or dealing with emotional life issues. It is just wonderful.
Maria
Apr 11, 2008 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romanticky
Purely and absolutely goop. It was so sweet, I think I sort of gave up reading it as thoroughly as I could. This book is chick lit to the max. *shudders* I can't believe I read it. It wasn't bad. Just. Goopy.
Sara
Oct 27, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This book was hilarious! Loved it.
Brandie
Oct 19, 2012 rated it liked it
Eh, it was an okay book. A little over the top in some parts - mostly the religious aspect honestly, but overall a cute story that was an easy read.
Ann Mock
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun read that captures the cruise experience! I love the faith filled messages throughout. A delightful read that I thoroughly enjoyed!
Sarah Gorman
Jul 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was so hilarious. Sunny's spunk just makes you laugh out loud. I am all for a heroine with lots of spunk. It makes the books oh so much more enjoyable!
Jenny
Sep 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Fun, Christian romance!
Jerilyn
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book just makes me laugh out loud! This is a book I pick up when I just want light reading and humor, it's really not real to life but I don't care cuz it's hilarious in my mind!:)
Tausha
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was suprised at how much I enjoyed this book. I had to chuckle at the quirky things the main characters had to go through to get them together. Clean, quick read.
Patti
Sep 18, 2012 rated it really liked it
Some of the scenes were absolutely hysterical!
Janelle
Apr 24, 2016 rated it it was ok
Well. If you want a nonsense easy read, have at it. It was cheesy and corny and this is why I don't like romance novels. But if you like Romance have at it!!
Stephanie
Jul 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
Cheeeeeeeeeeeesy
Carman
Feb 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It was funny, and a good book. It was not Linda's best work though. I like some of her other work better.
Kristy
Jan 15, 2015 rated it liked it
Funny, sweet book. Loved the characters!!
Charity U
Mar 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Read this over a year ago, and enjoyed it. :)
Karijean31
Aug 15, 2010 rated it really liked it
very cute
Ratforce
If you’re in the mood for a heartwarming and hysterical Christian read, be sure to try Linda Windsor’s It Had to Be You.
Claire H
Oct 15, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: chic-lit
A perfectly decent read, but there's nothing standout about it.
Jul 31, 2008 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. The setting of a cruise ship was different. The dynamics between the characters was great. Cute storyline.
Lynne
Aug 19, 2007 rated it liked it
I used to really love this book. God knows how many times I read it.
  • Finding Stefanie (Noble Legacy, #3)
  • A Whisper of Danger (Treasures of the Heart #2)
  • Reason and Romance (Austen Series, #2)
  • Oklahoma Weddings
  • Newlywed Games
  • Meeting Her Match (Mule Hollow, #5)
  • Off the Record
  • Vermont Weddings: Dear Granny/The Long Trail to Love/Sweet Sugared Love (Heartsong Novella Collection)
  • Lost in Rooville
  • Leather and Lace (Texas Legacy #1)
  • Desert Rose (Virginia City Sisters #1)
  • Blind Dates: Four Stories of Hearts United with a Little Help from Grandma
  • The Winds of Sonoma (Regalo Grande #1)
  • Single Sashimi (Sushi, #3)
  • Wind Dancer
  • Unbridled Dreams
  • White Chocolate Moments
Linda Windsor is the best-selling, award-winning author of more than thirty novels, with more than a million books in print. Her most recent work includes Healer and Thief, the first two volumes in the Brides of Alba series, and the early Irish Celtic Fires of Gleannmara trilogy.
More about Linda Windsor...