Start by marking “At The Foot Of Heaven” as Want to Read:

At The Foot Of Heaven

3.63  ·  Rating details ·  71 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Hardcover
Published by Star Song Communications Group

To ask other readers questions about At The Foot Of Heaven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At The Foot Of Heaven

Kinsey
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was ok
“I have never in my life felt
more alone than I do now,
for I know what I need needs me not.”

Simplistic prose, but it’s interesting to see how many of his poems later influenced the songs for his debut album, Stereotype Be. The art and scattered quotations were an effort to turn the book into more of an “experience”, the highlight of which was Queen of the Nile, which forces the reader to turn the book 360 degrees in order to read the full poem.
Jennifer Almeida
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was probably the first collection of poetry that inspired me to turn my writings into book form. To this day K Max is one of my favorites. He has a great writing style and I love how sometimes reading his poems in different tones can somehow change the meaning of them altogether. Excellent work.
LaDonna
Oct 19, 2007 rated it did not like it
Recommends it for: absolutely no-one
Back in the 90's when this book came out, a friend loaned it to me, telling me I would love it because I was into poetry.

He was very, very wrong.

Wow, does this book ever suck. I think the only people who actually like it are fans of the Christian "rap" group DC Talk. Enough said.
Jacki
Jan 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Overall I'm not a huge fan of poetry so maybe people who are should take that into account when the read my review/rating. I loved this book. I enjoyed the poems immensely and while the art work was raw, I felt it fit with the poetry very well.
Deborah Schuff
Nov 14, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: poetry
An oddly beautiful book I picked up at the AAUW annual used book sale.
Keri Kolpanen
Jul 27, 2011 rated it really liked it
WONDERFUL book of poerty & art!! Love it!!
Jacob
Sep 17, 2007 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: poets, movers 'n shakers
Shelves: poetry
This is the most beautifully produced book of poetry I have ever seen. It is an technicolor artist's paintings married to the wrenching words of Max, filled with wonder, tinged with dark.
Gabriel Wallis
Oct 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
Overall, I did not like this book. The poetry really wasn't all that great, and the illustrations look like they were painted by a child.
Laura (Book Scrounger)
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: poetry
I love dc talk, so I really wanted to like this book, but I remember it being overly simplistic and I just couldn't get into it.
Christopher Ady