Start by marking “The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3)

The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues #3)

3.89  ·  Rating details ·  667 Ratings  ·  22 Reviews
Single mom Liana Archer had read her share of romance novels featuring dashing, passionate sheiks. Still, she was astonished when sinfully handsome Malik Khan, Crown Prince of exotic El Bahar, hijacked her and her little girl off an airliner and into his lavish palace. Why would the sexy desert prince want a passably pretty schoolteacher from San Bernadino...?"
Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition, #1331, 256 pages
Published June 1st 2000 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about The Sheik's Secret Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheik's Secret Bride

Dina
May 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
The most romantic lines uttered by Malik Khan, Crown Prince of El Bahar:

"You have slender ankles."

"I can wrap my fingers around your wrist with room to spare. You are a delicate flower of a woman, yet so very strong inside."

"Your skin is the color of cream."

"I want you to know how much I cherish you."

"You are a light in the evening sky."

"All other beauty pales before your radiance."

"I will dream of your slender ankles, your pale skin and the sweet scent of your essence."

And last, but not least:

"
Chitra *CJ*
Oct 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of the nicest, sexiest, and most passionate special editions to be ever written; a love story between single mom Liana who is kidnapped by broken prince Malik and how they find their HEA.
Her daughter Bethany is adorable, and the whole story is worth the read.
I love single mom plots; and that mixed with an obsessive sheikh was a good cherry on top.
Totally safe
4.75/5
Riverina Romantics
Aug 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: sheikh
3.5 STARS

Another great story by Susan Mallery, but not quite as good as the others I have read by her recently.

I enjoyed most of it, but there was a lot of little bits and pieces that annoyed me at times. I won't go into detail because they are too tiny to even bother mentioning, but the one thing that did make me sit up and say "Hey, hang on a minute" was when Givon spoke of his late wife.
I accidentally read these out of order so it probably wouldn't be as evident reading them in order, but (v
Barb
Jun 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Single mom Liana Archer has read her share of romance novels featuring dashing, passionate Sheiks. Despite her fascination with the genre, she is astonished when sinfully handsome Malik Khan, Crown Prince of exotic El Bahar, hijacks her and her young daughter off an airliner and into his lavish desert palace. What does this sexy prince want with a passably pretty, slightly overweight schoolteacher from San Bernadino?
Liana finds herself Malik's royal bride after he tricked her into an intimate de
Mary
A decent story, but I really get irritated at all of the royal princes, Malik especially since he is crown prince. It really bothers me that he deceived Lidana and in essence betrayed her welfare and her self-worth.
Vivien Tsang
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
For the 1st time we see Queen Fatima being a bitch when she doesn't get what she wants. I hate bitches.
Liralen
I don't make a habit of reviewing romance novels, but I'm going to make an exception for this one:

When I was younger, my family spent a week or two each winter in a cabin in a snowy tinseltown. The town boasted a grocery, a general store, a couple of cheap restaurants, and a liquor store or two. The grocery was pretty basic, but it had, along one wall, a rack of books: romance novels with the covers torn off. (I didn't know, at the time, that this meant that the covers had been returned to the p
Virginia
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Amy
Apr 08, 2016 rated it liked it
I am slowly collecting and reading all of the Desert Rogues series by Mallery. And while I enjoy them, I must admit that this is my least favorite so far. I'm not entirely sure why. I liked the characters but they didn't quite ring true to me, especially Malik. I understand that as the Crown Prince he would have a certain level of cockiness and expectation about him but he seemed to overplay it at times with Liana. I usually enjoy the internal conflict that her characters go through when trying ...more
Cs
Aug 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance
I'll start with the bad first:
- Malik the male protagonist is overbearing and starts out the book by trying to induce Stockholm syndrome in Liana by indirectly threatening to keep her at the palace
- He then tricks her into getting married. What the hell man?!
- Bethany, Liana's daughter, is both annoyingly selfish at times (to be expected from a nine year old, I guess) and unrealistically immature at others.
- Fatima, a side character that was pretty cool in the first book of the series, gets unf
Mariana Bezerra
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
It was a bit strange at first how Malik became a bit obsessed with Liana, but he became the good guy when he learned about love with her little girl. He was very slow to understand that people trust and fall in love, but him those two things were practically nothing and he suffered quite a bit before finally surrendering.

I liked Liana and how normal she is. The reason that brought her to El Bahar was a job in a very exclusive school that could make possible to save enough to send her little on h
Elisha
Aug 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
This is funny. Though I'm not sure if it's funnier than the second one.

I would have rated it higher. But Liana annoyed me. For some parts of the story, she was selfish. She thought about herself too much, like how she would hurt and blah blah. She had a point. But it kept on repeating that it was borderline annoying and selfish. She didn't think about Malik's feelings too. I did start to like her near the ending and so on though.

I liked Malik in most parts of the story. What I didn't like was h
June
Dec 05, 2016 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: middle east and royalty romance requests
What do you do when a Prince of the middle eastern country where you were going to teach hijacks you off of your airplane? Your daughter is thrilled to live in a palace... Then while visiting a desert tribe you come back to find that they performed a wedding ceremony. Again your daughter has no problem being a princess.

Fun more of a 3.5.
Tia
Aug 27, 2012 rated it it was ok
I don't know why but this one bothered me, perhaps its because I don't believe in fairytales and this one was much too Cinderella for me or because I couldn't emotionally connect to the characters. Either way, it was only okay!
Elizabet Luna
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome ending. Almost made me cry in the ending. Can't wait to read the next book.
Kristy
Feb 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2012
Good enough to keep me reading, but very predictable. BUT, it's a quick read....and good escapist fun.
Francis
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, adult
Loved It!!!!!!
Erin
Jun 03, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I'm loving Susan's Desert Rogue series! I downloaded Desert Rogues Part 1 onto my Kindle and have read a book a day!
Debbie Dodd
Jan 21, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed reading.
Rinku
Jun 15, 2008 rated it liked it
It was alright. I think she has written better.
Cheryl Cavanaugh
Zagi
Jan 16, 2013
Wendy
Apr 29, 2013
  • The Sheikh's Wayward Wife (Sheikh Tycoons, #2)
  • In The Sheikh's Marriage Bed
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • To Tempt a Sheikh (Pride Of Zohayd, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Forbidden Virgin (The Royal House of Karedes #4)
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • The Arabian Love-Child
  • Monarch of the Sands
  • A Royal Bride At The Sheikh's Command (The Royal House of Niroli, #8)
  • The Sheikh's Revenge
  • The Sheikh's Convenient Virgin
With more than 25 million books sold worldwide, #1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery is known for creating characters who feel as real as the folks next door, and for putting them into emotional, often funny situations readers recognize from their own lives. Susan’s books have made Booklist’s Top 10 Romances list in four out of five consecutive years. RT Book Reviews says, “When it c ...more
More about Susan Mallery...

Desert Rogues (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1)
  • The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues, #2)
  • The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Princess (Desert Rogues, #5)
  • The Prince & The Pregnant Princess  (Desert Rogues, #6)
  • The Sheik & The Princess in Waiting (Desert Rogues #7)
  • The Sheik & the Princess Bride (Desert Rogues, #8)
  • The Sheik & The Bride Who Said No (Desert Rogues, #9)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Secretary (Desert Rogues #10)
  • The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11)

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Blue Lines (Assassins, #5)
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Governess of Highland Hall (Edwardian Brides, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me