Start by marking “Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game” as Want to Read:
Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game

Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game (Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game (D6))

4.02  ·  Rating details ·  613 Ratings  ·  12 Reviews
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away ... Experience the drama and epic scope of the greatest space fantasy of all time! Adventure in a universe of epic heroes, fearsome villains, amazing technology and strange aliens. Pilot an X-wing against the Empire's devastating TIE fighters! Trade blaster fire with vicious bounty hunters! Smuggle contraband cargos through Imperi ...more
Published November 15th 1987 by West End Games

To ask other readers questions about Star Wars, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Star Wars

Paul
Apr 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, rpg
Without a doubt this is the best Star Wars roleplay system every written. The system is so slick the game just keep on rolling. Add into that the sheer wealth of background material in the various adventures, source books and adventure journals its a GMs dream come true.
Brian
Jan 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rpg, space-fantasy
A long time ago, in a friend's living room far, far away, I was introduced to the D6 Star Wars RPG. My introduction was through the Second Edition of the game, my old copy of which is currently sitting on my bookshelf at home next to the Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook. This version is revised and expanded, though, and I've already read the second edition book probably dozens of times. I thought I would see what they had put in those extra hundred pages. And the answer is nothing I really care about.

S
Matthew
Dec 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’ve never played a pen & paper RPG before but I’m ready to play this one!
Mark Austin
Jan 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
When I was younger and had time to run three different RPG campaigns at once, I had two main flavors of game inspiration: swords and guns.

For swords I usually drifted to D&D but for guns, I turned to Star Wars (at least until we got hold of Alternity). All of the excitement of blasters and spaceships without having to understand mass rations and deltaV and Hohmann transfer orbits.

Star Wars neatly fills a niche known as "Science-Fantasy" - all the fantastic story-telling benefits of science f
Mark Austin
Dec 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Steven Poore
Jan 26, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rpg
Found this in a secondhand shop - but in excellent, barely-used condition. As a D&D and Traveller enthusiast, the character creation method takes a bit of getting used to, as does the combat ethos, but as a platform for rip-roaring adventures the game itself is rather good. The wealth of supplements and adventures available online also suggests that this is a pretty decent investment. The mock adverts interspersed throughout the book (for TIE fighters and the like) are an excellent nod to th ...more
Veiltender
Apr 24, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a great game. Star Wars is the role-playing game that started me into role-playing--we used to play from a bootleg copy of the first edition. I played and played this game. A lot of fond memories. This is the Second Edition, revised. I played on the original Second Edition, but I recently acquired a copy of this version, and look forward to reacquainting myself with this wonderful RPG.

Of all the various incarnations of Star Wars role-playing, this one best encapsulates what I want when
John
While it has recently been beaten out by the new games by Fantasy Flight, this was long my favorite edition of any Star Wars RPG. The D6 rules better captured the feel of cinematic combat than anything that had come before.

Elements of the system show their age today, but I would still be willing to play or run in a game.
Robert
Oct 07, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I opened this book most days of the 5 years 1990-1994. I loved this game considerably more than my future employment prospects. And yet, those years of being a Star Wars RPG Game Master contributed significant amounts of moral fibre to the person I am today.
C.D. Gallant-King
Still my favourite RPG of all time. The original 2nd edition Rulebook with Vader on the cover is probably the most read/used/abused book I've ever owned. We played it until it fell apart.
Bob Findlay
Mar 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing
BEST GAME EVER!!!!! Simple,easy to use,easy to play.
Denton Peter McCabe
A fun memory from childhood!! Also one of the most fluid and straight-forward game systems I ever played!!
Michael McCormick
rated it it was ok
Feb 27, 2012
Gwyndolyn Abbey
Jul 25, 2014
  • Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook (Star Wars RPG D20)
  • Cyberpunk: The Roleplaying Game of the Dark Future
  • Ravenloft (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons Module I6)
  • Dungeon Master's Guide (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Stock #2100)
  • Eberron Campaign Setting (D&D: Eberron)
  • Oriental Adventures (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons)
  • Werewolf: The Apocalypse
  • Advanced Dungeons and Dragons: Fiend Folio
  • Forgotten Realms: Adventures (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Stock #2106)
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness
  • The Complete Thief's Handbook
  • Player's Handbook: Core Rulebook 1
  • Arms and Equipment Guide (Dungeon Master's Guide Rules Supplement)
  • Vampire: The Dark Ages
  • Legends and Lore: Cyclopedia of Gods and Heroes from Myth and Legend (Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st Edition)
  • Clanbook: Assamite
  • Bastet: Nine Tribes of Twilight (Werewolf: the Apocalypse)

Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game (D6) (1 - 10 of 90 books)
  • Star Wars Introductory Adventure Game (Star Wars RPG) [BOX SET]
  • Star Wars Gamemaster Screen Revised
  • Star Wars: Gamemaster Screen for Second Edition
  • Star Wars Gamemaster Handbook for Second Edition (Star Wars RPG)
  • The Star Wars Sourcebook
  • The Star Wars Sourcebook (Star Wars RPG, second edition)
  • Star Wars Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
  • Star Wars: Imperial Sourcebook
  • Star Wars Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope (Star Wars RPG)
  • Star Wars: A New Hope (Star Wars RPG: Galaxy Guide No 1)