Start by marking “Rhinoceros Tap: 15 Seriously Silly Songs” as Want to Read:
Rhinoceros Tap: 15 Seriously Silly Songs

Rhinoceros Tap: 15 Seriously Silly Songs

Sing a song of Boynton! Before there was the Grammy-nominated Philadelphia Chickens, the #1 New York Times childrens bestseller, there was Rhinoceros Tap, the collection of seriously silly songs. This truly delightful seta Recording Industry Association of America Gold album with 647,000 copies in printcombines a big illustrated songbook and CD so children and grown-ups ...more
Published March 1st 2004 by Workman Publishing Company (first published January 10th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Rhinoceros Tap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rhinoceros Tap

Start your review of Rhinoceros Tap: 15 Seriously Silly Songs
Luann
Jul 01, 2012 rated it really liked it
I don't remember when I first saw these "seriously silly" books with audio CDs by Sandra Boynton and Michael Ford, but I have wanted to read or purchase at least a couple of them ever since. I recently noticed Rhinoceros Tap at my public library and couldn't wait to check it out! The book and the songs are as "seriously silly" as I expected. They are also an awful lot of fun to listen to and enjoy! I highly recommend listening to the CD as you read the book if you get the chance. The music adds ...more
Gina
Apr 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kids-books
If you like Sandra Boynton (and who doesn't), then this is just an extra fun way to enjoy her silly songs. It is for adults and kids alike. Christopher really likes the Bad Babies song! I wonder why?!
Aimee
Feb 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was one of my favorite books as a child. IM NOT KIDDING. I remember playing the cassette over and over as I sang along with the book. (Oh my geez, cassettes though.#90'skid).
Janet
Sep 21, 2008 rated it really liked it
Really great book and CD. Dog Train is just a bit better.
Suzanne Kunz Williams
Oct 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-childrens
I think I have love reading almost all the other books that Sandra Boynton has written with my children. But there were parts of this one that I didn't like.

In a song about peas she says "O, Lonely peas, there's no one who loves you at all. There's no one who loves you at all." - Too many people struggle with the concept that they are not loved and appreciated. So I don't need this concept that some are not loved by anyone put into my children's head.

Then too in this book she has a song about
Shanna Gonzalez
Nov 14, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-04-08
Sandra Boynton's clever, original silliness isn't limited only to toddler board books -- it also finds unique expression in a collaboration with Adam Bryant in a musical series of silly songs. This volume, the original in the series, includes a range of musical styles: swing, doo-wop, caribbean, rock, and blues. It's kicked off with the rousing "Rhinoceros Tap," every bit as funny as it sounds, then segues into an ode to the "Lonely Peas" stranded on a finicky youngster's plate. Later, a ...more
Vivian
Mar 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Before story time began and during craft time this delightful c.d. was played. Special feature for today: TICKLE TIME, track 12

A note about coloring and craft time... this is for the adults more than for the children. Adults need a time to visit and this is their "treat" for bringing their children to story time. Of course the children love it to. It gives them opportunities to glue and stamp and cut and color to their hearts' content and leaves the clean-up mostly to us.

The story performers
Dolly
Jun 28, 2008 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: parents and children to listen to together
Fun songs and Sandra Boynton's inimitable cartoon characters - we have this CD in our oldest daughter's CD alarm clock and we listen to it every night. So much fun!

December 2015 update: We purchased this book and CD for our niece during her visit with my brother-in-law just before Christmas. Our girls like Philadelphia Chickens better, so we listened to that one more, but these songs are just as fun, in my opinion.
HeavyReader
Jun 29, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: music
I bought this book and the accompanying CD for 10 cents at a thrift store. I read it quick, then sent it to my friend's baby.

This basically an illustrated song book. The first half has cute drawings to go along with the printed lyrics. The second half has actual musical scores. The lyrics are cute. I sent off the book and CD before I could listen to the CD, so I don't know how the music sounds. It was as cure gift for just a dime.
Karen
Dec 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
This book and the CD are SO ridiculous I can hardly stand it. Which, of course, is exactly why they have been among my son's favorites for over three years.

If you love the ridiculous, over-the-top style of Sandra Boynton, you NEED this book. And I will say, that for as silly as the lyrics are, the music is surprisingly sophisticated, and features (Alison Krauss!) some very talented singers.

Shala Howell
Jan 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
It may be that I just haven't listened to this one enough to truly appreciate it, but my toddler and I both prefer Blue Moo and Philadelphia Chickens to Rhinoceros Tap... Not that it's bad, you understand, just not as full of the bop around the room 5-star goodness we have come to expect from Boynton's music.
Marlee
Oct 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book has some fun songs. My children didn't enjoy these songs as much as Sandra Boynton's Dog Train, but some of them are great, including Barnyard Dance. My daughter's favorite from this is So Long Doggies.
Kazue Evans
Jul 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow the seriously silly songs are surprisingly GOOD! Kids and adults can enjoy together. Love it!
Kim
Jun 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Fun, fun, fun!
Vanessa
Aug 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Abigail loves this one too. Another great for small kids!
RuthAnn
Aug 08, 2008 rated it it was amazing
My students love the up-beat music and the delightful illustrations! Great for any classroom or home!
Xiao Yu
Nov 05, 2007 marked it as own
Shelves: i-bought, hardcover, kohls
Kohl's Cares for Kids book
Tanya
Mar 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: childrens, i-own-it
Oh, did my children love this silly book! Even better was the audiotape we had that went with it!
Jim
Jun 12, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: humor, music, rhyme
being honest about my review, i didn't listen to the cd, the book is wonderful even w/out it.
Amy
Aug 17, 2007 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrensbooks
Funny, but not as brilliant as Dog Train.
Library Quine
Sep 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: sing-along-books
Humorous and silly songs with great illustrations. The CD contains all the funny songs in a variety of musical styles - something for everyone.
Vkint
Jen
Jun 22, 2014
Heather
Aug 17, 2008

• The Gender End (The Gender Game, #7)
  • The Gender Fall (The Gender Game, #5)
  • The Gender Plan (The Gender Game, #6)
  • Three Little Words
  • All the Rage: A Quest
  • The Marriage of Mary Russell (Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes, #2.5)
  • The Gender War (The Gender Game, #4)
  • The Gender Lie (The Gender Game, #3)
  • The Gender Secret (The Gender Game, #2)
  • Put Me in the Zoo
  • The Gender Game (The Gender Game, #1)
  • Bear Feels Sick
  • Bear's New Friend
  • Bear Snores On
  • Stories of Dogs
  • How Rocket Learned to Read
  • Big Wolf & Little Wolf
  • The Cuddle Book
Sandra Keith Boynton is a popular American humorist, songwriter, children's author and illustrator. Boynton has written and illustrated more than forty books for both children and adults, as well as over four thousand greeting cards, and four music albums. Although she does not license her characters to be redrawn or adapted, she has herself designedfor various companiescalendars, wallpaper, ...more