Start by marking “Turkey Claus” as Want to Read:
Turkey Claus

Turkey Claus

(Turkey Trouble #2)

Turkey needs Santa’s help so he won’t be eaten for Christmas dinner.

Turkey is in trouble. Again. He made it through Thanksgiving without becoming a turkey dinner, but now it’s almost Christmas, and guess what’s on the menu? Turkey decides the only thing to do is to ask Santa for help. He sets off for the North Pole, but getting in to see Santa at Christmastime isn’t as eas
Published November 1st 2012 by Two Lions (first published October 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Turkey Claus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Turkey Claus

Calista
Turkey makes me laugh. I love his costumes he dresses up as and I love the puns in the book. My favorite pun in this book is an elf saying to turkey. “Snow Way” That is excellent. Another good one is the last page. Turkey serves pizza for Christmas dinner. The back page says “Pizza on Earth” Oh, that is a good one too.

Turkey has to go all the way to the North pole to see Santa to tell him his wish is to not be the Turkey dinner. I tell you what, the poor farmers who own that turkey eat a lot of
Maria Waltner
Dec 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I loved the way Turkey would say "gobble, gobble, gobble" like it was either a curse word or just him grumbling. I loved the clever way the elves used the language - "Snow way are you getting in to see Santa!"

And I adored the pictures. The elves look so goofy and Turkey's disguises are adorable and silly. AND I loved Santa's solution to Turkey not getting eaten this Christmas - Pizza, of course. Ha.

It's very cute, clever and original. I really enjoyed it. ^_^
Kristen Dutkiewicz
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Turkey is trying to find his way to Santa by disguising himself as other popular Christmas ideas such as a present, candy cane, or even Mrs. Claus! Great storyline and fun illustrations on every page.
Joella www.cinjoella.com
Nov 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
So, I think this is a hilarious book! If I had read this a little earlier (and if I had shared it with kiddos) I would have wanted to dress up like the turkey in this book dressing up like a Christmas Tree so he wouldn't be eaten on Christmas Day. Such a funny picture! Yeah, I laughed out loud.
Jami
Nov 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clever!

The second book doesn't disappoint. It follows the same structure as its previous book. This one has the Christmas cheer and turkey's cleverness. I like the creative play on different Christmas words. The book is delightful.
Kathy Underwood
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pizza on Earth

I love Wendi Silvano! Another great book written by the author and it's fun for kids and adults.
You can't go wrong this author!

Rosa Cline
Nov 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Very interesting and different "Christmas" book than the others. After reading many, many Christmas books many of which are the same thing just written a bit different. This was a nice change.

Turkey is relieved that he made it through Thanksgiving until he over hears the couple say they want turkey for Christmas dinner! So he sets out to save himself for Christmas too. And whomelse does one turn to for Christmas help? Santa Claus of course. But it's Christmas Eve and the elves won't allow him t
Angela
Nov 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
For kids and parents who have already read this duo's Turkey Trouble the punchline to this story won't be quite as funny but, as before, the story is cute and the artwork humorous. Full of all the elements of Christmas, Turkey has some rich choices for disguises to try to get in to see Santa for help. He takes a stab at everything from elves to candy canes (my favorite being wearing a large, decorated traffic cone as a Christmas tree disguise) in his quest to find a Christmas miracle and be spar ...more
Donna Mork
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Turkey escaped Thanksgiving but now Christmas is coming and the farmer is talking about eating turkey dinner. It's too late to mail a letter to Santa so turkey takes a taxi to the North Pole. The elves won't let him in to see Santa so the turkey disguises himself several times, each failing. Finally he wraps himself as a gift and when Santa opens the gift the turkey tells him his troubles. Santa gives turkey just the thing to help: a Santa suit and lots of food to gift the farmer and his friends ...more
Patti
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Don’t’ miss “Turkey Claus” if you liked “Turkey Trouble”. It was a hit with my grandson’s K class and I like this one even better!

Trouble got himself through the anxious month of November unscathed. Now he has a problem with Christmas. He must ask Santa an important question and those darn elves just won’t let him in! The challenge” just how to get by… Clever Turkey has some tricky disguises…

A delightfully fun North Pole story with incomparable Turkey!
Jenn
Feb 05, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really liked this book! The artwork in it was very cute and child friendly. I also loved the idea of the turkey being worried about being eaten. He went through great lengths to see Santa and ask for help. All of his costumes very very cute. If I were to use this in a classroom, I would have a few Christmas type things for the kids to dress up with. We could take pictures and make a Christmas card for their families.
Angela Lambkin
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Turkey goes about avoiding holidays quite differently than most do!

I liked the funny turkey's ways of trying to avoid being eaten on a holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas Day with the cool large illustrations and nice sized font for tired parent's eyes after a full day's work of close eye work. Yet short enough story for those ages 4-8 & or perhaps in grades K-3rd.
I received this ebook for free using KU, and in return, here's my honest review. Super work Wendi! By Sunny
Toryn Coombs
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book! What a cute and humorous christmas book! It is well written with cute plays on words and the characters are given cute personality. I also really enjoyed the art in this book. It was very unique and interesting. The words are simple so you can really focus on the pictures and the funny outfits the turkey puts on! Loved this book!
Kenzie Cornelison
Oct 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit
I think that this would be a fun book for reading to elementary school kids for the holidays because it has a different twist on christmas. It brings up thanksgiving and then ties the turkey into christmas as well. I also enjoyed all of his different disguses. I think that children would appreciate this book as well.
Cemeread
Dec 06, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Turkey tries a variety of costumes to get in to see Santa so he can wish he wasn't Christmas dinner. Each time an elf stops him because some part of his body is showing and doesn't fit the disguise. (It's not obvious enough for children to guess.) Finally he gets in as a present for Santa. The solution - junk food. Not exactly what we want to promote.
Sheila
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Turkey has made it through Thanksgiving. Now he is trying to get to Santa to have Santa grant him his wish not to be Christmas dinner. His disguises are clever but not clever enough to outwit the security around Santa.

The drawings are wonderful in this cute tale. I laughed. This is a good read aloud book.
Jen
Dec 06, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Turkey just barely scraped by without being the main course for Thanksgiving dinner, but he's facing the same dilemma here on Christmas. The costumes turkey comes up with are cute and keep readers smiling and trying to guess what he'll dream up next.
babyhippoface
I loved Silvano's Turkey Trouble, so I was eager to read this new book. But this one's just not quite as clever or funny as the original. Still, I think little ones will enjoy this brightly colored picture book at Christmastime.
Lyric
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very entertaining

This book was very entertaining. I enjoyed all of the creative ideas the turkey came up with. His determination was awesome. And in the end he succeeded and made everyone happy in return. Great book
Elsa Dean
Feb 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: holidays
I love how this book intertwines two different holidays together and makes such a cute story out of it! I loved the story and really enjoyed reading it! Perfect for time between Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Jessica Drees-Buchanan
Fun stories!

My 5 year old really loves this book as well as its counterpart, "Turkey Trouble". They have made it on the list of repeat reads, an honor reserved for very few books in our house.
Benjamin Elliott
Mar 31, 2016 rated it liked it
A companion/sequel to "Turkey Trouble." It follows the same formula of dressing up as different things before coming to the solution. Even though Turkey Trouble is Thanksgiving specific, I think that one is more readable the rest of the year.
Kim Severn denny
Funny & Sweet

Turkey's adventures feature his creativity and resilience. Our 7 year old loves reading the books aloud and the illustrations provide picture clues when she gets stuck which builds her confidence and love of reading.
Devane
Feb 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: february
This book was really funny and the pictures were fun. This would be a good thanksgiving or Christmas book to read to children or just any time. My son really enjoyed this book and thought it was most funny when Turkey dressed up and didn't look anything like what he was trying to be.
Brenna Shull
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
This book is full of humor and will surely make your child laugh. I found it funny and laughed along with my preschoolers. This turkey finds inventive ways as to not become Christmas Dinner. He fails but Santa Claus comes to rescue.
Pamela Ware
Apr 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Turkey outsmarts the farmers again!

Cute book that goes along with Turkey a Trouble. My kindergarten students will love it! It will also be a great addition to our "Disguise a Turkey" project.
Catherine
My First grade students think this is a very funny story. They listened carefully and were able to comprehend the story.
Laura Laudenbach
Fun and Entertaining

Turkey Claus is a great book to read between Thanksgiving and Christmas. My son loved it, quick and easy bedtime story
Ryan
Nov 13, 2014 rated it really liked it
A turkey tries to save his hid. He was spared for Thanksgiving dinner, and now he must escape the same fate at Christmas. But how will he do it?
Tracy Morton
Sep 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
For a story time for older children. It's quite wordy. Funny.
  • The Christmas Quiet Book
  • The Santa Trap
  • Cobweb Christmas: The Tradition of Tinsel
  • The Gingerbread Pirates
  • Run, Turkey, Run!
  • A Pirate's Night Before Christmas
  • December
  • Russell's Christmas Magic
  • How Do Dinosaurs Say Merry Christmas?
  • Aliens Love Panta Claus