Start by marking “Letter to Louise: A Loving Memoir to the Daughter I Gave Up for Adoption More Than Twenty-Five Years Ago” as Want to Read:

3.93  ·  Rating details ·  29 Ratings  ·  2 Reviews
The award-winning actress offers a memoir of the year in which she became pregnant, gave birth, and then subsequently gave the child up for adoption, including an account of her reunion with her daughter twenty-two years later. $25,000 ad/promo. Tour.
Published December 1st 1992 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Letter to Louise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Letter to Louise

Graceann
Aug 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: memoir
Pauline Collins is probably best known to American audiences for her portrayal of Sarah in the classic television series "Upstairs, Downstairs" or perhaps for her lead role in "Shirley Valentine." Here in the UK, she's quite well known for her stage, television and film work, and she's someone I admire for her range and her humor.

In 1964, when she was just getting her feet under her as a working actress, she discovered she was pregnant. Letter to Louise is the story of her discovery of that pre
Colleen
Aug 15, 2012 rated it liked it
I adore Pauline Collins from Shirley Valentine and Upstairs Downstairs. I truly hate to be critical of her, but I think she is a much better actress than writer. I was glad to read her story and connected deeply, as I am an adoptive mother. However, her story seemed to take forever to get anywhere. There seemed to be extensive details that weren't really necessary for the reader. Even so, it was nice to gain some insight on this wonderful actress.
Edith Woolsey