Start by marking “I Will Keep You Safe and Sound” as Want to Read:
I Will Keep You Safe and Sound

I Will Keep You Safe and Sound

Parents reassure young ones they are safe from harm in this loving, lilting lullaby.

"Brown bears in the den
While the first buds peep.
Rabbits in the field
While the crickets cheep
Robins in the nest
As the rain pours down
I will keep you safe and sound."

Through storms, snow, wind, and waves, every child will feel safe and sound in the warm embrace of a loving parent.
Published March 1st 2013 by Cartwheel Books

To ask other readers questions about I Will Keep You Safe and Sound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about I Will Keep You Safe and Sound

Gina
Mar 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
With soft illustrations and gentle rhymes with a reassuring refrain, this should be a good bedtime book.
babyhippoface
Feb 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Animal parents communicate their love for their offspring on each spread of this gentle rhyming book. The illustrations of the animal pairs are adorable. This is just perfect for bedtime reading with toddlers.
Vivian
May 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
My grandchildren, ages 3 and under, love this reassuring picture book. The text, just two lines per double page spread, rhymes with the next page's text. Every third page includes the refrain "I will keep you safe and sound" which rhymes with the two lines of text on that page. The refrain is italicized which serves as a cue, when pointed to, for your little one to "read" the phrase.

Animals pictured include a mother bear and her cub, a mother hare and two kits, a robin and three nestlings, an a
Luisa Knight
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Mothers are certainly a cozy, sweet shelter!

Ages: 2 - 4

**Like my reviews? I also have hundreds of detailed reports that I offer too. These reports give a complete break-down of everything in the book, so you'll know just how clean it is or isn't. I also have Clean Guides (downloadable PDFs) which enable you to clean up your book before reading it! Visit my website: The Book Radar.
Clarissa
Feb 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute and who can resist lost kittens? Not me!
I liked this book. It could be easily adapted into a song. It had a nice predictable nature. I would read it in the Spring to show how animals take care of their babies. I would talk about how parents take care of their families and ask them for some ways that their parents take care of them.

Interest Level
Bedtime Stories
Theme/Subject
Animal Babies and P
Caryn Caldwell
Page after page of loving animal parents caring for their offspring through difficulties such as rain, heat, a long winter, and the threat of predators. A simple, lilting rhyme accompanies the soft, beautifully-rendered illustrations. A pleasure to read aloud, this one is perfect for right before bed, during thunderstorms, or any other time when children may wish for cuddles and reassurance. The love radiating off the pages should leave little ones and adults alike with a safe, warm, cozy feelin ...more
Barbara
The constant affection of parents for their animal offspring is described through rhyming text and evocative lines that reassure readers. Even when it's raining or the waves or pounding or someone is lost in the dark, the adults promise to "keep you safe and sound" (unpaged). Not only does the text leave readers feeling warm, safe, and cherished, but the watercolor, gouache, and brown pencil illustrations feature animals, including bears, robins, gators, dolphins, beavers, and cats in different ...more
Carol
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Such a sweet book to read with young children. My son particularly loved the last few pages where you thought, for just a second, that the adorable striped kitten didn't have anyone to keep him "safe and sound". Then the touching illustration of the mama cat finding him and returning him to the family snuggle time just melts your heart, especially if you are a cat lover.
Marilyn Olson
Jan 18, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: plnnj-reviewed
Glimpses of animal babies and their parents are given with the animals in their natural habitats. The narrative is essentially a poem with watercolor illustrations. The last animal is a lost kitten who is found and brought back to its family. This book is all about the message that parents are to take care of their children and protect them. This is sweet, but additional.
Christine
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Little ones will enjoy reading about how their loved ones always keep them safe and sound, even if they might get lost. Soft watercolor illustrations detail how all Mommies keep their little ones safe and the expressions on each of the animals help to paint a peaceful feel to the book.
Carol
Feb 14, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: disd-reviews
A gentle, reassuring book about baby animals being lovingly protected in a variety of environments will be a lyrical way to compare animal homes for the preschool set. Soft watercolor illustrations accompany the rhyming text, always returning to the promise to keep the young one safe and sound.
Meg McGregor
Jun 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-to-lexi
A lovely reminder to your little one that each one is safe and sound inside the arms of loving parents.

Beautiful illustrations and soft lyrical text help make this book a treasured part of bed time and nap times.
Lupine
Mar 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for tender, this one's it. A nice, quiet reassuring book for toddlers and early PK. Pair with "Mama Always Comes Home" by Wilson.
Bethe
Mar 20, 2014 rated it liked it
Gentle story for parents and children, would make a great story for bedtime.
Alicia
Jun 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Sweet and comforting. Great for a calming bedtime.
Bethany
Apr 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picturebooks
A lovely illustrated story of mothers and their babies in safe, cozy homes as rough weather or predatory animals lurk outside. The illustrations are quite whimsical, but sturdy and warm.
PWRL
Feb 08, 2013
Wanda
Mar 06, 2014
Tiffany
rated it did not like it
Mar 10, 2014