Start by marking “I Wonder Why Kangaroos Have Pouches. by Jenny Wood” as Want to Read:
I Wonder Why Kangaroos Have Pouches. by Jenny Wood

I Wonder Why Kangaroos Have Pouches. by Jenny Wood

Designed to amuse and intrigue the young reader, this addition to the popular 'I Wonder Why' series takes a look at the world of baby animals. Factual material is presented in a lively style accompanied with high quality artwork.
Published February 1st 2011 by Kingfisher (first published 1996)

Be the first to ask a question about I Wonder Why Kangaroos Have Pouches. by Jenny Wood

Darin Johnston
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: informational
A great general information book about many different kinds of animals. Learn my kangaroos have pouches, which baby is the biggest in the world, and which babies hide in a circle of horns. Great illustrations, facts all over in this book, but it's a bit random with it's layout, which would be the only drawback.
Agapuci
Apr 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this book because it is so informational! It tells so many biological and environmental pieces of information that it broadens the horizons of every child who would be reading it. It like a documentary book talking about the wildlife. It tells about various animals, their unbringing, maturation, animal's infancy and the relationships with parents, as well as the development of an animal baby. To be honest, I personally found out many stuff about which I didn't know even though I am twenty ...more
Marta
Apr 28, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a lovely source of information for children who are keen to explore the world. There is a series of questions that are answered accordingly in every chapter, tackling different aspects of animal life. The correlation to humans is preserved: after all, animals also have their mummies, some of whom even leave their baby animals with a babysitter... This allows children to view their own reality through the lens of their animal friends. The text is approachable, children easily absorb ...more
McKenna Banks
This a fun book that has many random fun facts about all different species of baby animals. I really liked this book, because it covers a variety of topics and teaches you stuff you didn't even know to wonder about. I could use this in an animal unit or just have it in my library for nonfiction reading.
Sara B
I thought this was an intersting non-fiction book for children to read. It is a challenging read but interesting for children because they like to read books about animals.
Malika J.
Animal growth and development, life cycles, questioning, characteristics of animals
Grades: 2-4