Start by marking “Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macram” as Want to Read:
Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macram

Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macram

Japanese rope bondage and erotic macrame look complicated and intimidating, but you can learn the basics of this beautiful and sexy art form today. Bondage artist and educator Lee Bridgett Harrington takes you step-by-step through a variety of concepts and ties, giving you the tools to make aesthetically rewarding rope work. Each tutorial is broken down into easy to follow ...more
Published June 12th 2007 by Mystic Productions

To ask other readers questions about Shibari You Can Use, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shibari You Can Use

Start your review of Shibari You Can Use: Japanese Rope Bondage and Erotic Macram
Ercan
Aug 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I have practiced some techniques with my model. Great tips make it easier to do the rigging straight.
Dean
Anyone interested in shibari (rope bondage) should pick up this book and give it a read. It's by far the best shibari book I've read so far. Lee Harrington offers advice through the beginning of the book, walking anyone new to shibari through the basics of different ropes, safety techniques, items to have on hand, and a glossary of common terms. Think of it like the instruction manual. You need it. You should read it.
As for the knots and ties themselves, they are clearly explained and laid out b
Sheherazahde
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Informative and funny. Lots of pictures. Male and female models. At least one BBW model. I love the way the first step of every tie is "Identify the body part to be tied" with a picture of a hand pointing at the body part.
Blue
Feb 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kinky
Great photography and well-written directions.
Chrissy
Sep 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great Great Great resource on doing basic ties. And even a bit of complex ones. I'm really glad I purchased this book.
Havu Riordain (they/them)
I am surprised how few people have reviewed this book! I've read/tried to read quite a few books one way or another related to kink, and this one is my favourite. A lot of the time I have urges to put down an otherwise good book due to its lack of inclusive language re: gender (as a nonbinary transgender person it can give me bad dysphoria to see certain body parts labeled as "female" or "male", etc.) - this book is by far the most gender diversity inclusive I've come across in the kink communit ...more
Charles Daniel
Apr 25, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Slightly disappointing

I hoped to find instruction on hishi karada (full body harness), but there are none. The ties that are shown are well explained and there is lots of important safety and care advice throughout the book as well.
Leah
Sep 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read

This book is an absolute must read for getting your foundations down and also exploring some ideas that you haven’t tried before. Absolutely recommend this for beginners. This book help me become more confident in my rope skills.
CF NAYZ
Feb 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
whERE WAS OUR AIRPLANE PARTED FOR THE GOOD LOOKING WHITE LEXUS INFINITI NEED TO KNOW BEFORE DRIVING EVEN A SMALL CAR SUCH as Nero Chevrolet volt bolt
Alan S.
Joe Yonek
Oct 03, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Essence of Shibari: Kinbaku and Japanese Rope Bondage
  • Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes: A Step-by-Step, Illustrated Guide for Tying Sensual and Decorative Rope Bondage
  • Go the F**k to Sleep
  • The Little Guide to Getting Tied Up: Tips for Rope Bondage Bottoms
  • The New Bottoming Book
  • Wounds: Six Stories from the Border of Hell
  • Dungeon Master's Guide (Dungeons & Dragons, 5th Edition)
  • S. Petersen's Field Guide to Lovecraftian Horrors: A Field Observer's Handbook of Preternatural Entities and Beings from Beyond the Wall of Sleep (Call of Cthulhu RPG)
  • Call of Cthulhu: Horror Roleplaying (Call of Cthulhu RPG)
  • Call of Cthulhu: 7th Edition Quick-Start Rules (Call of Cthulhu RPG)
  • Call of Cthulhu RPG: Starter Set
  • Pulp Cthulhu: Two-Fisted Action and Adventure Against the Mythos
  • Dungeons & Dragons Art & Arcana: A Visual History
  • Sh*t My Dad Says
  • The New Topping Book
  • The Dom Who Loved Me (Masters and Mercenaries, #1)
  • Narcotics Anonymous
  • Pick Another Checkout Lane, Honey: Learn Coupon Strategies to Save $1000s at the Grocery Store
Lee Harrington is an internationally known sexuality, relationships, and personal authenticity educator. Having taught in all 50 states and across 6 countries, he brings a combination of playful engagement and thoughtful academic dialogue to a broad audience. An award-winning author and editor on human gender, sexual, and sacred experience, his books include “Traversing Gender: Understanding Trans ...more

News & Interviews