Start by marking “Palmyra” as Want to Read:
Palmyra

Palmyra

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  72 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Published 1999 by Bookcraft

To ask other readers questions about Palmyra, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Palmyra

Joelle
I really loved this book! There are definitely not enough LDS historical fiction books out there, and being able to find one that was good was AMAZING! I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who loves historical fiction, or wants to know more about this history of the Mormon church. I would say that the events are pretty accurately described based on what I know. The only thing that was hard for me for this book was the amount of characters! There were too many to keep track of. In the ...more
Alisha
Mar 25, 2011 rated it really liked it
While this was a fun, light read, I think the author bit off more than she could chew. There were too many characters to care about, without the depth of writing to help me care more about them. It started out too formulaic, but I eventually enjoyed the twists and turns that seemed realistic and organic. I think the author did a good job capturing the bittersweet of that era. My 14 year-old daughter enjoyed it so much that she wants to read the sequels, so that's a good sign.
Dorry Lou
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was surprised that I enjoyed this book so much. It was about the lives of 5 girls that grew up together in Palmyra New York in the late 1820/30s. When a new religion & teachings of Joseph Smith come to their community it is interesting how each react. They all eventually marry, some have children but the bonds they share remain though it all.
Krista
Mar 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. The character kind of got jumbled together a few times but overall, just wonderful.

I had never thought about all the other people, other than his family, during Joseph Smith's time. It was great to get more of an understanding.

I highly recommend this book to anyone, but will probably be more enjoyed by LDS.
Blanca Girona-castillo
Oct 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good story. I will like to read more about the story.
Angie
Jul 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Hhmmnnnnnn....Didn't really love this book! Too many characters and no depth. I couldn't wait to get it read! Not even worth an explanation. Sorry!
Connie Dickey
Aug 19, 2007 rated it it was amazing
Story takes place back during Joseph Smiths time. Esther learns about Joseph Smith and is baptized. Enjoyed it. Sequel is Kirtland.
Padma