Start by marking “Sunset Across the Waters (Sunset, #2)” as Want to Read:
Sunset Across the Waters (Sunset, #2)

Sunset Across the Waters

(Sunset #2)

3.64  ·  Rating details ·  102 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews

To ask other readers questions about Sunset Across the Waters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sunset Across the Waters

Adelle
May 10, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book was worse than the first book! The story is so depressing. I only kept reading because I wanted to know that her story got better! Sadly it doesn't, and book 3 is only slightly better.
Julie
Jan 30, 2010 rated it really liked it
Melissa T
Apr 12, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: church-fiction
Although I was still intrigued by the main character, I think the author bit off more than she could chew with the scope of this novel. It felt like she was trying to write an epic that didn't quite come off. All in all, though, I enjoyed her descriptions of the Indian/British mix and the comparisons of India vs. Great Britain. It seems there are so many books about British India, and so few where the characters end up living in both places.
Susan
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
This story brought out images of the early pioneers--traveling by ship, making a home in Nauvoo, and then leaving it behind to settle in the Salt Lake Valley. I was so caught up in Charlotte and Seth's relationship, that it even broke my heart to lose him so suddenly. One thing I enjoyed was picturing Winston growing up into manhood.
Michelle
Feb 20, 2010 rated it liked it
After really having problems with the first book of this series I have to say this second book is a little better. I just can't get over the fact that the main character is living her whole life regretting the loss of her "true love" back in India. Her life is so sad. Even the events that are suppose to be happy still have this shadow of regret and "what might have been" hanging over her.
Dahlene
Sep 16, 2008 rated it really liked it
This book was historical fiction. It was of a family that came from England to America to join with the Latter-Day-Saints (Mormons) in Zion. I like stories of the early pioneers. They had such struggles, yet found happiness in life. I think I liked this sequel better than the first one.
Nora Ray
Jul 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Better than I expected. The characters are sympathetic and it captures some of the flavor of London in the early 1800s.
Miriam
Jun 10, 2009 rated it it was amazing
This was a good sequel. Kept me captivated and moved along very nicely. I love this story, so sweet, but filled with pain and sorrow (even though that gets resolved).
Kris
Dec 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in a trilogoy by Susan Evans McCloud. It is well written, moves at a good pace and brings up all your emotions. I highly recommend all three. I can loan them to you.
Charissa
Sep 11, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2011
Great 2nd book; follows character away from India into England and her sufferings there.
Christy VanDerwerken
Ashley
Jan 10, 2009
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Sunset (3 books)
  • Sunset Across India (Sunset, #1)
  • Sunset across the Rockies (Sunset, #3)