Start by marking “Anna” as Want to Read:

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  104 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Published October 28th 1992 by Bookcraft (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about Anna, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Anna

Jul 15, 2017 rated it liked it
I've had this book since I was a teen and have somehow held in to it all these years later. I remembered liking it, and I needed a quick vacation read, so I gave it another try.
First of all, this book could be--and really should be--at least twice as long as it is. So much is skimmed over that it was hard to feel the emotional impact that some of the plot points should have achieved. This would also fix what I think was one of the book's main problems: pacing. The first half goes along at a qui
Aug 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. I thought it was a sweet little Mormon Romance book. Not too much mush and gush and not in your face religion either just short, sweet and simple.

This is set in early Church days after many had already made the trek to Utah and more emigrants were coming in. I really enjoyed this perspective.

Anna never wanted to leave her home of Iceland but obligation to her family gave her no choice. She finds out the road to Zion and Zion itself is not all easy and wonderful as it was prom
Aug 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book. It's a simple, beautiful story of an Icelandic immigrant who falls in love with a Welsh boy in pioneer-day Utah. Yeah, it's a Mormon pioneer book--beautiful love story. It's a comfort read:)
Emily Andrewsen
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of my all-time favorites!!! And my very fav. of Susan Evans McCloud. I love how she captures the pioneer spirit of not only this this girl, but all the people living in that time. Also, there are many books written about the Mormon pioneers before or during their trek, but this one did such a beautiful job in describing life in the settlements, and I loved that perspective. Just a beautiful story! One I will re-read again and again!
Mar 02, 2011 rated it really liked it
Like many of the early latter-day saints, the Jonsson family makes the trek to Zion. Not only that--they must learn to speak English. I had never thought that these pioneers would hold such prejudices having also immigrated here. Anna and Owen's story is a bit like "Romeo and Juliet", but with a happy ending.
Jun 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
It is always nice to get a different perspective on how life was for the early Saints (even if this is fiction - it atleast gives another possible look at life). Especially those coming from distant lands and foreign languages.
Mary Lou
Dec 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good story. Really enjoyed the inside conflict.

"Fear is master, never servant"
Amanda Pack
Mar 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I forgot how much I love this book and this author. I need to make it a point to read it (and her stuff) more!
Kylee Ward
Feb 22, 2016
Feb 28, 2009
Aug 25, 2010
Sep 05, 2011
Heidi Robbins (Heidi Reads...)
Mar 25, 2008