Start by marking “Spirit-Led Preaching: The Holy Spirit's Role in Sermon Preparation and Delivery” as Want to Read:
Spirit-Led Preaching: The Holy Spirit's Role in Sermon Preparation and Delivery

Spirit-Led Preaching: The Holy Spirit's Role in Sermon Preparation and Delivery

3.84  ·  Rating details ·  77 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
In the words of author Greg Heisler, “Spirit-Led Preaching is a call issued to preachers, pastors, and teachers of homiletics to recover the Holy Spirit for expository preaching in the same way we have recovered the biblical text. . . . My plan for doing this is to recover the doctrine of pneumatology (the study of spiritual beings/phenomena) for our theology of preaching, ...more
Published February 1st 2007 by B Academic

To ask other readers questions about Spirit-Led Preaching, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Spirit-Led Preaching

Michael Locklear
An excellent book on the role of the Holy Spirit in the life and ministry of a preacher. If you are a preacher, this book will greatly encourage, convict and spur you on as you prepare and preach God's Word. I highly recommend this book.
Cole Feix
Jan 23, 2017 rated it liked it
One good idea, with some helpful framework. Everything else was a little bit long-winded
Hannah Gies
Apr 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: school
This book was a practical reminder that the power of preaching is only found in the Holy Spirit. I appreciated the emphasis on the Holy Spirit's role in everything: from the studying, to the sermon prep, to the delivery, to the transformation of the preacher's own life. A solid read.
Jan Anne
Mar 31, 2018 rated it did not like it
4/15 // We need to connect and speak / preach from an inner connection with the Holy Spirit / Force / Oneness. Like that idea, but then that all comes with a lot of John Piper & John MacArthur-ish things. Repressive in a lot of ways to say the least.
Dustin Walters
Jan 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
In this work, Heisler encourages readers to revisit the role of the Holy Spirit in Expository Preaching. The writer reminds the reader that the Holy Spirit is the third person in the trinity and should not be ignored in faithful preaching. True preaching is Spirit-led and Word driven.
Eric Molicki
Aug 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: church, theology
This was a good effort on a tough subject. It's tough, because the Lord has not given us as much info on it as we would like- which is a good thing! We want 7 steps to getting the Spirit's power, but the Spirit is a person as this work helpfully reminds us, and not subject to preacher's efforts to codify his enablement.

That said, there were some tangible takeaways from this work- just not enough to earn a fourth star.
Sam
Jul 12, 2011 rated it liked it
It was a very good book. I could definitely tell that it was written by a seminary teacher/pastor. I found it very helpful and practically very useful. I plan to incorporate it's principles.

Preaching Holiness.
Joey Rosado
Oct 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great book that truly meets preaching where it needs to begin and end, and that is through the Holy Spirit. I would recommend this book to anyone who needs to be reminded, and learn how to be a spirit led preacher. For no other way to preach will suffice.
Robert Clark