Start by marking “Plastic Gods (Rich Coleman #2)” as Want to Read:
Plastic Gods (Rich Coleman #2)

Read Book

Plastic Gods (Richard Coleman #2)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  19 Reviews
Twenty-eight years after Rich Coleman and Erica Fox narrowly survive their chilling death pact they are still together and thriving. They now have a son Matt who has just married and is running a very lucrative law practice specializing in consumer bankruptcy. Matt, however, is cursed with his mother's greed and is obsessed with attaining great wealth and fortune. Matt's n ...more
Paperback
Published January 17th 2012 by Top (first published June 30th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Plastic Gods, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Plastic Gods

Dianna
Oct 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
I was sent this by the publisher as a gift, as the book I actually won, Unconscionable by the same author, was having trouble in production. That was so nice of them and I appreciate it! Thank You!
Especially since I really enjoyed it!

A story about a newly married lawyer, Matt, who is specializing in consumer bankruptcy. (His father Richard, is also a lawyer. Rich's story is in the first of the series, Death Pact.) With the help of his new wife, Lynn, they launch an advertising campaign in Texas
Gabby-Lily Raines
May 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: goodreads, print
I received a copy of Plastic Gods from the publisher for review.

I found Plastic Gods to be a book about greed, attaining goals, and not backing down. It is also a book about principle (although it may come across more as sticking to your guns than a virtue). The book is, finally, about the lengths that some parties may go to in order to stop others.

It is a good read, but may come across as....formulaic....in certain respects to some readers. For example, since Matt Coleman is a bankruptcy lawyer
R J Mckay
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
I received this book from the Goodreads "First Read" program.

I love a good who-done-it and this book has plenty of it! It was an easy read and very hard to put down. Mr. Manchee spins a great deal of financial truth it his tale of greed, enlightenment and revenge. A very good book!
Katrina McCollough
Great book, I finished it very quickly which is always a good sign.
Lorretta
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was ok
I received this through the GoodReads Giveaway.

This is supposed to be the 2nd in the Rich Coleman series; I have not read number one. Rich Coleman does not feature prominantly at all in this book, it is centered on his son Matt and his attempt to bring down a major southern bank.

Rich introduces us to Matt as a very materialistic man but also sort of lazy. Matt meets a woman with the same type of goal: make as much money as possible in the easiest manner. Matt & Lynn marry and open up a debt
Julie Barrett
Feb 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Plastic Gods by William Manchee
Read this series out of order by reading book #3 first which I loved. Then book #1 and I will read this book #2 now because I love the series.
This one concentrates on the two boys Erica and Richard have and bring up lightly the past.
Ryan has decided that yes he does want to follow in his dads footsteps and be a lawyer. Matt does also. One so he can help people, the other for the money.
Matt has decided to wed Lynn after knowing her a few weeks and they want to do ba
Erin
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An exhilarating and action-packed legal thriller. Matt Coleman just passed the bar exams and is looking to get rich quick. He and his new wife Lynn start up a law practice together specializing in bankruptcy. Matt and Lynn decide to promote their business by showing American's that they are being conned into debt and how they can get out of it by claiming bankruptcy. When the banks take a direct hit, they begin to take action, no matter the cost.

I loved this book. It was hard to put down and the
Kevin
May 15, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I won a paperback copy of the book in a First Reads giveaway.

The main reason I didn't give this book more stars was because the dialogue was unrealistic. It sounded forced and made it difficult to identify with any of the characters.

The other small thing that bothered me was how easily the protagonists got rid of the henchman of the primary antagonist. The henchman had been causing problems throughout the story and then two of the characters finally meet him face to face and he's out of the stor
Georgiann Hennelly
Plastic Gods is the story of Matt and Lynn they are Lawyers running a very licrative Law practice specializing in Bankruptcy. They are both obsessed with greed and amassing great wealth. All is going great until their success begins to take a toll on Houston's Mid South Bank. The President Frank P. Hill is a very powerful ruthless Banker, at first he plays some dirty tricks on Matt trying to discredit him and get him to back off. When that doesn't work Matt is warned one / last time to stop his ...more
Maryann
I was fortunate to win this book from Goodreads giveaways. It was not the style of writing that I typically read, but the story was very interesting--I found that I wanted to find out what was going to happen next. The overall premise is a bit chilling--how greed can cause people to do things that most people would find abhorrent.
John
Dec 27, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed "Plastic Gods" and gave it a 4.5, I also have to say that all thew Four & FIVE Star reviews are spot on. Great job! I won this great book on GoodReads and like I do with most my wins I will be paying it forward by giving my win either to a friend or library to enjoy.
Brenda Elsner
Jul 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. Story line deals with issues that we see today. Book was a page turner. I always wanted to read just one more page to find out what was going to happen next. Some sad parts in the book, but Mr. Coleman gets his revenge in the end!!
Brandi
Oct 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A huge thanks goes out to William Manchee for sending me this book. Like the other two I was very impressed with the story line and characters. As always I love this family and the trouble they get into is flabbergasting. This is an excellent book i would recommend this one to many people.
Katrina
First read win/ At first I thought this was a religious book from the title but it was some completely else. i loved the thrill I felt from reading it. I was always wondering what would happen next. Really well done.
Richard
Jun 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Young attorney Matt Coleman starts up "Bankruptcy Relief Centers" to help people get out of debt. When it becomes a huge success and starts to hurt the banks, how far will Big Finance go to stop him?
Excellent!
5 stars
Barbara Huskey
Sep 17, 2012 marked it as to-read
Shelves: first-reads
I received a free copy of this book via the Goodreads First Reads giveaway.
William Mehl
Sep 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Won on goodreads. Fun to read and easy to get involved with the character. Was interesting watching how greed can transform a rational being.
Cindy
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Interesting storyline and easy to read but unemotional characters who I did not care about at all.
William Manchee
Jul 15, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
judith robinson
rated it did not like it
Jul 11, 2015
Dec 09, 2012
Chris
Mar 22, 2011
William Manchee
May 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
A~lotus
Oct 26, 2013
  • Pwning N00bs: The PC Gamer's Guide to Hardware, Strategy, and Tactics
  • The Planets
  • Asgard Park
  • I Feel Only You (Shared Senses, #1)
  • Portlandtown: A Tale of the Oregon Wyldes
  • Love is the Cure: On Life, Loss, and the End of AIDS
  • Prepare
  • Crestmont
  • Brand New Americans
  • Dead Men
  • Yours in Truth: A Personal Portrait of Ben Bradlee, Journalism's Legendary Editor
  • Strike: The Hero From The Sky (The STRIKE Series, #1)
  • Topgun Days: Dogfighting, Cheating Death, and Hollywood Glory as One of America's Best Fighter Jocks
  • Faithful Unto Death
  • Wealth Without Stocks or Mutual Funds
  • The Abraham Man: Madness, Malingering, and the Development of Medical Testimony
  • Love Among the Rabble
  • Rumi's Little Book of the Heart
William Manchee is an attorney by trade and practices consumer law in Dallas with his son Jim. Originally from southern California, he now lives in Plano, Texas.
More about William Manchee

Richard Coleman (3 books)
  • Death Pact (Richard Coleman #1)
  • Unconscionable (Richard Coleman, #3)