Start by marking “In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)” as Want to Read:
In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)

In the Dark

(SEAL Team 12 #2)

In the second of Melton's series, Hannah Geary wants revenge against the rogue SEAL commander who betrayed her, killed her partner, and is trafficking stolen weapons. But to catch a bad SEAL, she needs a good one--one like Lieutenant Luther Lindstrom. Original.
Mass Market Paperback, 336 pages
Published June 1st 2005 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about In the Dark, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In the Dark

Start your review of In the Dark (SEAL Team 12, #2)
Jonetta
The story centers around events from the first book as Gabe Renault is facing a court martial for the deaths of three servicemen and the wounding of Commander Lovitt (he's playing the victim). Hannah Geary, the Defense Intelligence officer who was bringing evidence to incriminate Lovitt, was abducted and is being held prisoner in Cuba. Navy SEAL Luther Lindstrom is on the team assigned to extract her. He and his fellow SEAL Team Twelve members also need her to help prove Gabe's innocence and Lov ...more
Buggy
Opening Line: "The high pitched whine of a mosquito roused Hannah from a drug induced sleep."

In The Dark is the 2nd book from Melton’s SEAL Team 12 series, which as a whole is pretty good. It's got a Brockmann-“ISH” feel to it, in that its well written, more romantic then suspenseful, and filled with great secondary characters as well as a couple of romantic sub plots. The story here relies heavily on events started back in book 1 (Forget Me Not) so I couldn’t recommend it as a stand alone.

Hanna
Lisa - (Aussie Girl)
This is why I wish Goodreads had a 3.5 rating. A fairly decent romantic suspense novel however the bad guy's identity was so obvious and some of the exploits of the heroine just way too far fetched.
Christa
Jul 22, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booksfree-com
So far, I am really enjoying this Seal Team series. I liked this second book in the series even better than the first one, and I am looking forward to reading the other Seal Team Twelve books. I felt more empathy for the characters in In the Dark than I did in the first book, Forget me Not. Both the hero and the heroine in this book were very likeable, and I was glad to see the unfinished storyline from the first book continue.

Hannah Geary, who works for a government agency called DIA, was tryin
Sandra ~ ♥ Cross My Heart ♥
3.5 Stars - I enjoyed In The Dark and found it to be a more cohesive, entertaining read than book 1. The plot flowed more fluently with characters that I was able to connect to and pull for - also an improvement over book 1. I still found the conversation to be a bit "stilted", sometimes feeling staged but overall the author seems to be settling in and getting in the groove in this book. Hopefully, that will carry over into the next book and rest of the series. A Good Read!
Lauren
In The Dark
3.5 Stars

Kidnapped and held captive in Cuba, DIA agent, Hannah Geary, swears vengeance against the rogue SEAL responsible for the murder of her partner and mentor. Following her rescue by SEAL Team 12, Hannah and Lieutenant Luther Lindstrom must work together to clear his commander’s name and find the evidence to bring the real culprits to justice.

An improvement on the first book, especially in terms of the heroine. However, there are still several problematic elements.

To begin with,
Norma
Jan 15, 2011 rated it liked it
Not sure whether to give this 2 or 3 stars. I didn't like it as much as some 3 star books, but I think it's worth more than two. So three it is. To use Carrie's phrase, this is a "meh" three star read.

I liked the suspense and the story. I love reading about the Seals and I'll likely continue with the series (books 3 and 4 are in my TBR). I did like Luther, but I didn't quite buy the abrupt HEA. It occurs to me that it must be hard for an author to create a believable and satisfying HEA after hav
Anita
Mar 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: romantic-supense
In the Dark is #2 in the series and this series should be read in order. This book starts right on the heels of the previous book. Better overall and a quick read, but still not what I would consider a good book.

We begin with Hannah, who was abducted toward the end of Book #1, in a cell in Cuba. Hannah's co-worker has been killed in an auto accident and he had information that would implicate a commanding officer, Lovitt, in an arms trafficking ring. Hannah got hold of that information and was
Sunny
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really liked this second book in the SEAL Team 12 series. I enjoyed this better than book one. It has most of the right elements for a strong romantic suspense. I really enjoyed the relationship between the hero and heroine. I tend to gravitate towards heroines that have jobs that offer a level of parity with the Heroes. In this case, Hannah is a member of the intelligence community that has CIA field training. I also enjoyed and agonized with the characters when they discovered that bad timin ...more
Wendy
May 26, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jun-15
Wow! I really enjoyed this 2nd book in her SEAL Team 12 series!
Danielle  Gypsy Soul
Sep 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This is the second book in Marliss Melton's Seal Team 12 Series. You could read this as a stand alone but it would be more enjoyable with the background from the first since the storyline begins in the first book. It centers around Luther Lindstrom a Navy Seal and Hannah Geary who has evidence the Seals need to exonerate Gabe (who was the main character from book one). It actually enjoyed this book even more than the first book.

The second book takes off right where the first one left off. Hannah
Jazzypom
Jul 12, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: women who like men in uniform.

Ms. Melton is known for her Navy SEAL romance novels. Her male protagonists are from the elite Navy SEALS (women aren't allowed to join, see, so it's all male. True story). In order to know why this rank is a big deal, I'd recommend that you do a bit of reading up on the SEALS and what they do (rather like the Brit SAS, or the Green Berets, but for the US Navy) while you're waiting on her books in the post.

This information really makes you appreciate the men's physical, technical and mental pr
Stephany
Jul 12, 2010 rated it liked it
In The Dark is a story about Hannah and Luther, both of whom we "met" in the first book in this series. When that book left off, SEAL captain Gabe and his guys had figured out their commander had been trafficking stolen weapons and was the man behind Gabe's disappearance a year ago. Unfortunately, his commander had a lot of clout and was able to shine suspicion upon Gabe's mental condition, landing him in jail & his men fighting to find evidence that proves his innocence.

Hannah's partner was kil
Robin
Oct 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
Lt. Gabriel "Jaguar" Renault is sitting in jail awaiting trial for a crime he did not commit. His SEAL team is determined to get the proof of his innocence and prove Commander Edward Lovett is guilty. In order to get Jaguar out of jail, Lt. Luther Lindstrom and his crew must rescue Hannah Geary from a Cuban prison. Hannah has information about the fact that Lovett is trafficking stolen weapons. Luther and his team have to get Hannah back to the U.S. and protect her until she can testify.

This is
Nile Princess
So after really enjoying Book 1 of this series, I immediately got this one. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. The romance between Hannah and Luther is drawn out way too long without going anywhere, and I really couldn't see how they would resolve such differing views of family and marriage. The secondary romance (Leila/Sebastian) suffered the same fate. I was not a fan of Leila, even from Book 1, so needless to say I wanted better for Sebastian. The fact that her angst dragged on into this book ...more
Charlene
More like 3.5*, but raising to 4 stars

This is the second of Marliss Melton's Seal Team 12 series. I found I liked it much more than I did the first in the series. Melton can write a good story, and one finds oneself rooting for the good guys to win and for the bad guys to pay their due penalty.

I liked the focus sets(s) of characters, the reappearance of people from the first book and the foreshadowing for the third book. What was a disappointment in this read was that (view spoiler)
Pamela(AllHoney)
The second in Marliss Melton's SEAL Team 12 series continues the story started in Forget Me Not. I would recommend reading this series in order but I don't think you would be totally lost if you didn't. Lt Lindstrom receives information that DIA employee, Hannah Geary, is being held prisoner in Cuba and heads out to rescue her. There's more to the story than they know and they need to work together to get to the truth. A truth that people have died for. A little more action packed than the first ...more
Kathrynn
Book #2 in this series. This is a nice, uncomplicated romance with Luther (SEAL) and Hannah (CIA Agent). They worked well together and this book was a fun read. There is another romance within this that was very nice, too.
Stephanie
Loved it!!!! I read it in 5 1/2 hours. A real page turner, I could not put it down. I recommed reading the 1st book ( Forget Me Not) in the series b/c this book does tie up some lose ends.
D.B. Reynolds
Aug 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars Not as good as Forget Me Not. I found the pervasiveness of corrupted SEALs in a single unit somewhat unlikely. But if you're continuing the series, this one fills in some of the blanks.
Jo-Ann Fitzgerald
Nov 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This is the second book in the series. This one builds on the first story by the use of people and happenings.

This one centers around a SEAL in the first team. You also get to know more about the others in the team. This was after one of their higher ups was caught and they were assured he would be dealt with fully. However, now the hero from book 1 is now in jail for the crimes the higher up committed. All the guys were very upset over it.

When a female is found which can prove who did the cri
Deborah
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Tammy
Jun 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. Hannah has disappeared on her way to give specific details on a case against a SEAL named Jaguar. She is kidnapped and taken to Cuba. From there Jaguar's team is looking for her as well as evidence to help Jaguar. Luther leads the way down to Cuba and is contacted by an FBI agent who says the Individual is behind this and he is trying to get him but it will take time and nothing can be told to anyone until this person is caught. What could go wrong??? Very good story as well a ...more
Cyndi
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
An exciting, action-filled story of Luther Lindstrom and Hannah Geary. Hannah is one tough lady and a good match for ex-NFL player, now Navy Seal Luther. If you enjoy a fast-paced, thrilling story, this is a must read!
Gisela
Jun 28, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
DNF
A juice made of papaya, orange, and pineapple "crimson" in color? No way!
Choilyn
Oct 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Loved the story. Hannah was a strong heroine and a very likeable one. Also loved Luther.
★¸. • * ° *Jillie Anne * ° *•.¸☆
Read these awhile ago. Comments and review to follow.

You can find me over on Facebook at My Open Book at the Dragonfly. Come over and say hello.

Find me on Goodreads
Reed Johnson
Feb 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
If was pretty good. A little predictable.
Sharon Leali
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
These books in the SEAL Team 12 just keep getting better! I love getting to know Luther and Hannah, but also get to re-visit the other characters and it enhances the storyline immensely for me.
Jennifer Wardrip
May 05, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Although IN THE DARK is a stand-alone book, I would highly recommend reading Ms. Melton's previous release, FORGET ME NOT, before you start this latest Navy SEAL story. You'll have a better feel for the supporting characters, not to mention that FORGET ME NOT was a wonderful book! In this second SEAL installment, the danger is notched up, the passion burns hotter, and the saga continues.

Navy SEAL Lieutenant Gabe "Jaguar" Renault has been caught in the crossfire of a cover-up. Only a short week
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2)
  • Echo (Linear Tactical #7)
  • Hold on Tight (Hold Trilogy, #3)
  • Unlawful Contact (I-Team, #3)
  • Crime Lord's Paradise (Crime Lord, #4.5)
  • Hide from Evil (Dead Wrong, #2)
  • Bitter Heat (Singed, #1)
  • Naked Edge (I-Team, #4)
  • Hard Target (Cobra Elite, #1)
  • All the Queen's Men (CIA Spies, #2)
  • Under His Control: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Too Hot to Hold (Hold Trilogy, #2)
  • Angel (Linear Tactical #4)
  • Beg for Mercy (Dead Wrong, #1)
  • Best Friends (New Species, #15)
  • About That Night (FBI/US Attorney, #3)
  • Hot Zone (Elite Force #2)
  • Until Avery
aka Marliss Moon.

Marliss Melton is the author of over a dozen counterterrorist/romantic suspense stories, including two Navy SEALs series (SEAL Team 12 and Echo Platoon), a counterterrorist Taskforce Trilogy, three novellas, and two short stories. She relies on her experience as a military spouse and on her many contacts in the Spec Ops and Intelligence communities to pen realistic and heartfelt s

SEAL Team 12 (8 books)
  • Forget Me Not (SEAL Team 12, #1)
  • Time to Run (SEAL Team 12, #3)
  • Next to Die (SEAL Team 12, #4)
  • Don't Let Go (SEAL Team 12, #5)
  • Too Far Gone (SEAL Team 12, #6)
  • Show No Fear (SEAL Team 12, #7)
  • Long Gone (SEAL Team 12, #8)

News & Interviews