Start by marking “Highland Hearts” as Want to Read:
Highland Hearts

Highland Hearts

This book was originally released in 1992 under the pseudonym Sandra Dustin

From New York Times bestselling author Hannah Howell comes the thrilling tale of a beautiful noblewoman embroiled in treachery and treason in the Scottish highlands—and the royal knight who would give his very life to protect her...

Contessa Tess Delgado suspects her Scottish uncle of supporting thos
Mass Market Paperback, 350 pages
Published February 2nd 2002 by Zebra (first published June 1st 1992)

To ask other readers questions about Highland Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Highland Hearts

Jenny
Aug 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I loved this Highland romance. It is packed with romance and adventure. I loved Tess and Revan. It is one of the few romances where heroine is rich and hero is poor and I thought Revan's pride and insecurities were interesting to read!
Janet Robel
Sep 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Good book with likable characters.
Cruth
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
"It was no longer lovemaking, but Revan using her to sate his lusts until he set her aside." loc.2647

Author: Hannah Howell
First published: 1992
Length: 4707 locations
Setting: Scotland, 1455.
Sex: frequent, reasonably erotic. Sex with not intention of marriage. Threat of rape by BadGuys.
Heroine: Tess is just 18 - her birthday just past is a significant motivator for her uncle trying to kill her. She is an heiress, he is a poor younger son.

A lot of history is threaded through this standalone Howell
Joanne Renaud
Dec 04, 2010 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I'm all for an exciting on-the-road swashbuckling romance in an unusual setting, but the story seriously lost me when the hero and heroine were about about to get down and dirty in a cave on page 58. Keep in mind this is 15th century Scotland and we've been reassured over and over again that the heroine is a virtuous girl. Couldn't they wait another 50-100 pages? I do not find sex0rrring in a cave to be overly hot. It came across as ridiculous rather than sexy, and it just lost me. DNF.
Michelle
Jun 09, 2008 rated it liked it
Another Howell romance that starts in the dungeons. This time we really have an interesting mix of characters. A most loyal, but secretive Scottish knight and a half-Spanish, half-Scot heroine. I really did like the characters, but Revan was starting to annoy me with his lofty opinions of marriage (they were not normal for the time). All in all, it was a fun read.
Ashley
Feb 11, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Such a great book I read it in one day time and i would pick it up and read it again if it wasn't still burned in my head.
Deb
Jun 01, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great book. A twisting, exciting plot, wonderful and witty dialogue, and great relationships all the way around, friend, family, and of course the romance between the hero and heroine.
Sue
Feb 02, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
The best mix of adventure, humor and hot sex out of all her books.
My favorite so far.
Wendy Tavenner
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another wonderful book by Hannah Howell. Tessa finds Revan chained in the dungeon. As she lets him go her Uncle Fergus comes into the dungeon and Revan holds a knife to Tessa's throat to escape and kidnaps her. As they race across Scotland to get to safety so much is revealed. Tessa realizes her uncle has been trying to kill her and with the help of Revan she has proof her is conspiring with the Douglasses to murder the King and his heirs!! They gave to stay safe and get thus information to the ...more
Paulabella
Jun 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful and exciting highland romance

Its starts out quickly with action, excitement and potential romance between two strong and prideful individuals. Its action packed throughout, with dramatic scenes until final pages. Only place it bogged down for me was the back and forth thoughts of both hero and heroine in deciding if they should marry. Their stumbling blocks were overdone in my book but entire story is worth your time!
Kelly Tyree
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Steamy and adventurous romance

I really enjoyed this Highland romance. It is packed with romance and adventure. It is a bit steamy and has some intense scenes but it is well written with great characters.
Tasha
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book to read (sorry my review is going to be short and to the point because I am annoyed at my crappy Kindle and it is hard to write a great review when annoyed I may edit the review at a later date)
Mum
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
A rather adventuresome duo. They head more scrapes than seemed plausible but at least showed signs of the wear and tear of their close calls. Their flaws were believable and reflected their struggles with who they were and how they were treated. A good Hannah Howell romantic escapade.
Lydia
May 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great swift romantic with suspense

Really enjoyed this story. It has murder, mystery, romance, and intrigue. Loved reading it and it was definitely a page turner.
Suzann Propp
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A true Scotland romance novel.

A great romance with such great adventures. It keeps you turning the pages to see what happens next. Hard to put down to live life.
TinaMarie
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mum
Apr 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Interesting. Slow at times. Heroine did not ring true.
Melissa
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Srdce z Vysočiny
Trudy Miner
Oct 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In Scotland during the turbulent 1400's when the Scottish throne is constantly in danger, Contessa Tess Delgado is living with her Scottish uncle and his daughter at Thurkettle's castle. When Tess stumbles on Sir Revan Halyard in the dungeons, she knows that her uncle will devise some cruel way of killing him and determines to set him free. Unfortunately, her uncle happens upon them and Revan takes her hostage by holding a knife to her throat in order to get them out of the castle. Thus begins a ...more
DKAY
Jan 07, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
This book was previously published in June 1992 using the pseudonym Sandra Dustin and was re-released in 2002 under the pseudonym Hannah Howell.
I always enjoy a good adventerous book and this story has plenty of it. While Contessa Tess Delgado is walking through the dungeon of her uncles keep she is startled by a prisoner Sir Revan Halyard who takes her to use as a shield at the last minute to get away from her family. In the course of the escape Revan realizes much to his surprise and also Te
Kristin
Sep 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book focuses on Tess and Revan's flee from Tess' uncle and his fellow traitors because they have information on the impending rebellion. Tess is also being chased because her uncle wants to steal her inheritance which he can do if she is "accidentally" killed. The story has a good amount of action and the storyline really moves the reader along. Tess and Revan are both interested in each other and quickly become lovers in their flee across the Scottish countryside. Both have too much pride ...more
My Book Addiction and More MBA
HIGHLAND HEARTS by Hannah Howell is an exciting Medieval Scottish Historical Romance set in 1455 Scotland.

*"This book was previously published under the pseudonym Sandra Dustin"*

*Re-issue: "First Zebra Books Mass-Market Paperback Printing: February 2002"*

This is a fast paced, action packed story of a noblewoman, Contessa Tess Delgado and her Knight in shining armor, Sir Revan Halyard. Filled with treachery, treason, desire, passion, betrayal, secrets, danger and love. Another hit from this auth
Manang Jean
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Loved it! Tess, the wacky heiress keeps this story interesting - which you see early on in Chap 1 when she just happens upon Sir Revan, "the most beautiful man she's ever seen" chained in his uncle's dungeons. She sets him free - just because ... Now, the man has a dagger at her throat, the uncle cusses her out, "did ye set the man free!?" She answers, "Well, now, Uncle, 'tis a question worth pondering." She's a great character. Give it 4 stars! Highly recommended.
Tina "IRead2Escape"
Jan 31, 2011 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this story. It was fast enough paced to keep the story rolling along and kept your attention. There were no coy games between the characters. They were straight forward and honest about their feelings and wants. Loved it!

My one complaint. I wish this book was a book 1 in a series. There were a couple of other characters that I would like to know what happened to them.
Anne
Sep 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Scottish Historical lovers
Young Contessa Tess, half Spanish and half Scottish is running from her evil uncle who wants to kill her and also stop her from revealing crucial information and also he wants her inheritance. Revan, a young Scot rescues her and they flee together across the highlands to a castle where they will be safe. I was disappointed only in the pre-marital sex-she was pictured as a devout girl and this rubbed me wrong. But other than this, I liked the book.
LInda L
Feb 18, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Loved this -- typical Hannah Howell. Nice love story, and as always, lots of historical facts. Some truly awful people, even back in the 13 hundreds.
Jea;N Phillips
Apr 10, 2015 rated it liked it
Quick read. Interesting historical snippits.
Sep 08, 2015 rated it did not like it
Boring. Nothing much happened.
Julie
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
brilliant
Becky Minton
Feb 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Excellent....loved it!

• Highland Fire
  • Unconquered
She has also used the following pseudonyms:
Hannah Howell, Anna Jennet and Sarah Dustin