Start by marking “Liberty Letters: Personal Correspondence of Emma Edmonds and Mollie Turner: Assignment: Civil War Spies, 1862” as Want to Read:

(Liberty Lettters)

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  55 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Historical background of the Civil War and insights into how God works through ordinary people--for girls ages 10 and up In the next book in the Liberty Letters series, Emma Edmonds enters the Civil War as a nurse whose first priority is to make sure each soldier she cares for knows Jesus. When a friendship sparks between her and Molly Turner, a Christian from the South wh ...more
Published April 6th 2004 by Zonderkidz (first published April 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Liberty Letters, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Liberty Letters

Allyson
Jul 17, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: own-it
Again, I don't really like historical fiction that much, but my sister-in-law bought me this, so I read it. It really wasn't that bad!
Meadow Frisbie
Dec 14, 2008 rated it liked it
This book is about two teens living during the Civil War, both spies. The only thing keeping them going is their friendship, and faith.
Tgirl
Ok, just so you know, the only reason I rated the book the way I rated is because I don't like diary and letter-type written books. If it took more of a story form I think it would have deserved a higher rank.
Jeneca
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book tienes out a los berrear tan o expertos going into it. At first it was confusing, slightly boring, and I couldn't see, to get myself into the story! About a 1/4 of the way in, however, things picked up and I really began to enjoy it.
Emily
This was a pretty good historical fiction book. I liked some of the other Liberty Letters books better, but this one was also good. I was a bit confused at the beginning, because of the disguised spy, but once I got into it, I liked it!
Amy
Sep 13, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Ones a spy and one is a disguised soldier.You will keep on wondering if they will live.A nice story.
Mary
M-girl
Dec 22, 2017
Leo
Mar 08, 2011
Nancy LeSourd is an author, attorney, wife, and mother of two, who lives in the Washington D. C. area. She has a B.A. in political science from Agnes Scott College, a M.A. from Tufts University in secondary education with an emphasis on American History, and a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center. A William Robertson Coe fellow in American history, she taught American history to middle and h ...more

Liberty Lettters (4 books)
  • The Liberty Letters: Personal Correspondence of Catherine Clark and Meredith Lyons: Pearl Harbor, 1941
  • Personal Correspondence of Elizabeth Walton and Abigail Matthews: The Story of Pocahontas, 1613 (Liberty Lettters)
  • The Liberty Letters: Personal Correspondence of Hannah Brown and Sarah Smith: The Underground Railroad, 1858