Start by marking “Zom-B Underground” as Want to Read:
Zom-B Underground

Zom-B Underground

(Zom-B #2)

From Darren Shan, the Master of Horror, comes the gripping second book in the Zom-B series.
Published January 2nd 2013 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Zom-B Underground, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Zom-B Underground

Crystal
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm hooked 🤡
Miranda Reads
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya-series, audiobook
She's back - and deader than ever

At the end of Zom-B, B Smith gets bitten (rather justly considering what she did to one of her ex-schoolmates) and becomes one of the walking corpses. Yet, something went wrong...or perhaps it was right? Instead of remaining one of the mindless, she becomes a revitalised (revived zombie, a bit of a cumbersome phrase) when she was in a government facility.

The government aspect of this series was intriguing and I enjoyed experiencing how the facility worked and th
Paul
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
Certainly an interesting take on the zombie genre. Dark and nasty but with meaning and morals.
Quite enjoying the dilemma on zombie rights and racism which is a very interesting slant on it all.
B is certainly a decent lead , not squeaky clean but with an interesting moral compass and internal struggle.
A very strong series so far.
Kimberley doruyter
makes you wonder who the real monsters are.
Kate
3.5*
The continuation of B as she is turned into a zombie and finds herself in a facility that is experimenting and observing zombies. We find out there are two kinds, reviveds; your standard, brain loving zombie and revitalised; sentient zombies whom the military are keen to find out more about.
B is still struggling with her decision to throw a kid from her school to the zombies and is trying to make amends in some small way by changing how she views and treats others. Most of the book is taken
Victoria
Aug 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good book, I am looking forward to reading the rest of the series
Faseeh Ilahi
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook
So I just finished Zom-B underground by Darren Shah.

Rating: 3.5/5 🌟

This is the 2nd book in the Zom-B series.

So If you guys haven't read the first book then stop reading this because It might spoil the 1st book for you.

The story starts where the 1st book ended, when Brian heart was ripped out of her body by Tyler and she died..
She wakes up after a few month in a military complex, she has no memory of the last few months. She and some other zombies are being experimented on in this underground mil
Jamie
Apr 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: zombies, young-adult
I enjoyed this a bit more than the first book. Some interesting story substance and a few more unexpected twists. I still do not like any of the characters. Although the MC was more tolerable in this one.
We get to meet Zom Heads. Not quite mindless zombie but still undead. And in the hands of scientists and some sort of military. So much is unexplained still in this series. WE get some answers but we are as in the dark to the happenings as the MC. It both drew me in and frustrated me.
The green
Stephanie
This review and others are posted at Read, Rinse, Repeat.

Note - This review contains spoilers of Zom-B, the first book in the series.

I give Darren Shan credit for trying something different in the zombie genre. Unfortunately, Zom-B Underground didn't work that well for me. B barely meets the definition of a zombie. Yes, she craves brains, but all of her mental abilities are intact. Where is the fun in that? It felt like a bit of a cheat, to be honest.

One of the focal points in the first nove
ABookishGift Reviews (Max)
What. Happened?

What the hell was that plot twist and why the heck was it even a thing? (view spoiler) Honestly, it's kind of stupid. I might sound really sexist right now, but why not just reveal that right at the start of book one instead of the start of book-freakin'-two!

I kind of want to punch something right now.

Darren Shan:

Me:

Not. Happy. Not. Continuing.
Ashlyn
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Talk about nightmare fuel.
Vendea
Wow. Oproti jedničce pořádné zlepšení (a více akce). Darren prostě umí psát a hlavně skvěle graduje děj. Pravá zombie apokalypsa konečně začíná. A ten klaun? OMG, ne!

4/5*
Lainy
Feb 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Time taken to read - on and off over 1 day

Pages - 212

Publisher - Simon & Schuster

Blurb from Goodreads

Waking up in a military complex, months after zombies attacked school, B has no memory of the last few months. Life in the UK has turned tough since the outbreak, and B is woven into life- and battle- in the new military regime quickly. But as B learns more about the zombies held in the complex and the scientists keeping them captive, unease settles in. Why exactly was B saved? And is there
Sophie
Nov 07, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: uk-author, for-review
SPOILER ALERT: Although I’ll try not to spoil anything, there may be the odd spoiler for Zom-B.

I was surprised by how much I enjoyed reading Zom-B so I couldn’t wait to get stuck in to Zom-B Underground, and I have to admit that I devoured it in one big gulp.

As I read a proof copy of book one I really loved getting to see the awesome comic-strip endpapers and full=page illustrations in this one. Brilliant! But anyway, on to the review.

Things have changed drastically in the small amount of time s
Eli
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, young-adult, 2015
This was good. The absurdities of Darren Shan began to surface with this one, and I'm not going into to detail to avoid spoilers. Some of this was a little predictable (but isn't everything zombie-related?) and some was a little shocking.

I can't quite get a read on how much I really like B as a main character. She was pretty atrocious in the first novel, but you kind of can't help but like her. She got better with this one, but it's pretty hard to rewire yourself into being a good person.

Not as
Mohammed Alsharaby
What an awesome book.
Darren writing style is absolutely amazing
Natalie
Nov 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Ariel
Apr 05, 2017 rated it liked it
So B, or as she is called more frequently in this book, Becky, is now a Zombie? But she's not?

I was a little confused by the difference between Zom heads, Zombies, Reviveds, etc. It was just a lot for me to keep up with. The concept was interesting though. It seems as if Becky is half zombie but is able to function as a human as long as she has brain in her diet. If not, she will deteriorate rapidly and die.

I definitely didn't think there was as much going on in this plot, it seemed even faster
Sharon Mariampillai
Actual Rating: 2.75

This was an okay read. Zom-B Underground was an improvement from Zom-B. I thought the story was still a bit confusing and boring. However, I thought there was a bit more action and there was a bit more to the characters as well. However, I am still not fully invested in this series. I think it is the writing style that is throwing me off. I will be continuing the series to see what happens to B. I hope the series gets better. Overall, an alright read.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Genre:
Young Adult; Zombies
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: nope.
Cliff Hanger: yes.

Total: 5

In Dept

Best Part:
Kickbutt Mc!!
Worst Part: Still way too all over the damn place.
Thoughts Had: What is happening; Zombies vs Zombies!; Oh shit.

Conclusion

Continuing the Series:
not sure.
Recommending: eh.

Short Review: Again, this book is all over the place. it's all actio
Kristina
May 08, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016-goal-88
I only gave the first book in this series two stars (which does mean I thought it was "okay"), but I was still interested in where the story was going to go so I picked it up from the library last time I went.

I thought this one was better than the first. There was a lot less racist bigotry in this volume and more of B searching for not only meaning in her existence, but also for whatever humanity she might have left. That made for a much better story in my opinion.

There were parts that were dow
Joe
Aug 04, 2015 rated it liked it
Started off very slow and ended much better, but still not hooked. Since I have the 3rd book, I will give it until then to get hooked or not. It's definitely not a great piece of literature. The writing is very basic, which I figured it would be regardless. I was hoping for a better story though. See how the 3rd book is.
Keelee
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: choices-choices
Arrrrgggghh!!! Cannot form complete sentences. More later.
Connor beristain
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well for this book I would rate a five out of five because of the outstanding writing skill and style. I thought that this was another book about a zombie attack survivor but no it was about a girl who was actually killed in the attack I thought that this was going to be a flashback maybe but I was wrong at every turn what I thought would happen never did, I was so surprised in fact I couldn't help my self but read on, I kept flipping the pages as fast as I was being surprised and awed at the am ...more
Haley
Apr 10, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 04-2017
Now B (Becky) is a zombie- strange. This was a unique perspective because she was a zombie, but wasn't at the same time. B was a revived zombie meaning she turned, but she could still think with her brain. She isn't the only one that's like this and there seems to be a group that's observing them. It's interesting to see what they are doing with this group. It seems that the group will only last for a year and half at most because of how their brain is. The facility they are in gets raided by gu ...more
Sandy
Oct 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror
B wakes up in a military facility to find life since the zombie attack has become difficult in the UK. She finds she is there to help research and try to find a cure for the zombies. B starts to make friends in the medical facility and finds out that life there is not what she expected.

She does however find a person from her past there and one that influenced her thinking. When B decides to stop cooperating, the facility decides to stop feeding her friends and herself.

Can B stick with her grow
Sean McBride
Sep 29, 2017 rated it liked it
This one took an interesting turn I wasn't actually expecting. The fun part about reading Shan is that he takes classic tropes of horror and flips them on their head. In this, the second of the Zom-B series, we find that the main character, B, is in fact a zombie. The story is actually told from the perspective of a zombie, but with Shan's wonderfully awful twists. Very easy read, and not a whole lot to it, but every series from Shan have been wonderful October reads right before bed.
Matt Gortner
I thought the author really sent the feeling of B in this story really well and made us think.
AmbWitch
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-stars
Jenni Arndt
Jun 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: purchased-own
After devouring Zom-B by Darren Shan I was quick to jump into the second book in the series, Zom-B Underground. The cliffhanger at the end of the first book really left me hanging and I couldn’t wait to find out where the series would go from there. Unfortunately, that cliffhanger makes writing this review spoiler free of the first book utterly impossible, so consider yourself warned. Spoilers for Zom-B ahead!

We catch up with B as she wakes up in an underground complex that appears to be some so
Did you hate the first book but read this one anyway? 1 3 Aug 05, 2018 01:37PM
  • Unfed (Undead, #2)
  • Gulliver's Travels
  • Rise of the Corpses (The Undertakers, #1)
  • Survivor Roundup (Zombie West #2)
  • Zombie Britannica
  • Ship of the Dead (Omega Days, #2)
  • Return of the Homework Machine (The Homework Machine, #2)
  • Zombie Invasion (Zora Baker, #2)
  • Fever (Flu, #2)
  • The Zombie Whisperer (Living with the Dead, #4)
  • Flesh & Bone (Rot & Ruin, #3)
  • Rise Again Below Zero (Rise Again, #2)
  • Play Dead
  • Loose Ends
  • Sanctuary in Steel
  • The Savage Dead
  • Sadie Walker is Stranded (Zombie, #2)
  • Aftermath (Autumn, #5)
Librarian's note: Also writes books for adults under the name Darren Dash. And in the past he has released books for adults under the names D.B. Shan and Darren O'Shaughnessy.

Darren Shan (born July 2, 1972 in London, England) is the pen name of the Irish author Darren O'Shaughnessy, as well as the name of the protagonist of his book series The Saga of Darren Shan, also known as The Cirque Du Freak

Zom-B (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Zom-B
  • Zom-B Clans
  • Zom-B Family
  • Zom-B Bride
  • Zom-B Fugitive
“There are a lot of black-hearted, mean-spirited bastards in the world. It's important that we hold them to acount. But always remember that you might be the most black-hearted and mean-spirited in the lot, so hold yourself the most accountable of all.” 30 likes
“I can give you two words," I tell him. "The second is off. Can you guess the first?” 0 likes