Start by marking “Until You See Me” as Want to Read:
Until You See Me

Until You See Me

3.53  ·  Rating details ·  32 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Why does a woman admit to a dismemberment murder so horrible the body can't be identified as a man or a woman? Because it's better than what she really did. It was the crime of the decade in 1932. Grotesque. And it really happened, although not quite this way. The dismembered, decomposing body is found stuffed in a steamer trunk. Pearl Tild confesses to it because it is a ...more
Published May 1st 2012 by Digital Fabulists (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Until You See Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Until You See Me

Marsha
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Adults Only
When I am not reading, quilting or scrapbooking, I am watching Investigation ID. I know, I know, it’s kind of creepy but I am addicted to reality murder mystery shows. I recall a story about a woman, Winnie Judd who in 1931 murdered her doctor-husband and stored his body as well as the bodies of two other women in two steamer trunks and valise while riding a train from Phoenix, Arizona to Union Station in Los Angeles. A porter became suspicious when he smelled a foul odor coming from the baggage ...more
blondejovi
Jul 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
First, let me say that I don't like mysteries. My genre of choice is contemporary and literary fiction.

When a friend from book club recommended "Until You See Me," I resisted. She persisted and said it was one of the best she's ever read. She was right. Now, I'm passing along this recommendation to others who, like me, are always looking for a really good book.

Like every good crime novel, "Until You See Me" has a good mystery -- there's a gruesome crime, and an admission of guilt. But for what c
susan
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Speechless

Wow I am speechless...I don't normally read this era of storylines. But Roberta Degnore had since page one. It was beautifully written I couldn't put the book down. I found it easy to read and I felt like I was back in the 30's. Normally I can figure out the mystery in the storyline but I was all over the place with this one. I know it was based loosely on a true crime. All I can say is OMG. I definitely recommend this book.
Leann
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I do not understand how this book is getting such stellar reviews. I chose this book solely on the ratings that it has on amazon. I was extremely disappointed. I could NOT get into it. I did not particularly like the main character. I was almost inclined to give it only 1 star, but I forced myself to finish it and the second half was good enough to merit 2 stars I guess. It seems like at about the 40% mark, it got more interesting. It was still far from a book I would recommend. I will say that ...more
Lynda Kelly
Oct 10, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: deleted
This sadly tried way too hard to be clever and came over as pretentious and too highbrow for my liking. A great pity as it had a great story behind it and it was ruined for me.
Take this line for example... "I gauzed myself behind a veil that distorted her sharpness" !! I'm no idiot but what ??
It tells of a body-in-a-trunk murder back in the early 1930's....as I said a great back story as the person sought with reference to said trunk is a married woman !
It also jumps around a lot so you're a li
Raneta
Sep 16, 2012 rated it liked it
Interesting plot with uninteresting characters and lots of repetitive dialogue. It's a short book, yet it seemed too long. Maybe there's a short story in here waiting to get out. If you're thinking of reading this because you like murder mysteries, be warned that the "mystery" here is very much secondary to the love triangle aspect of the plot.
Catherine Crain
Dec 28, 2013 rated it liked it
An intriguing story, but sometimes very badly written. Florid and obscure in far too many passages. I found it a rather unpleasant book as well. No really likable characters. I stayed with it only because I wanted to find out who the dismembered corpse was, and why Pearl, the main character, was traveling with said corpse stowed in her luggage. This is not a spoiler- we know this from the beginning of the book.
kaye d.hall
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Colorful suspense

Very good book. The twists and turns are very smart. This book is well worth the read. ..........I liked the book
Keri
Jul 08, 2012
Farzana
Jun 08, 2012
Ashley Holt
rated it did not like it
Apr 27, 2018
  • The Carny
  • Out of It
  • Love at the Speed of Email
  • First Wives Club: Coast Salish Style
  • Roma Arroyo (Will Austin Adventure Series, #1)
  • To Wander The Labyrinth
  • Tropical Desires (Bandicoot Cove, #2-4)
  • Curse of the Diamond Daggers (Hattori Hachi, #3)
  • Poltergeeks (Poltergeeks, #1)
  • The Gate House
  • Death of a Second Wife (Dotsy Lamb, #4)
  • المسافات
  • Vanished in the Dunes
Roberta Degnore is the author of twelve published novels (all with pseudonyms but about to be re-issued under her name). She is also an award winning screenwriter (Jack Nicholson prize), filmmaker (F*STOP) and psychologist. She has always appreciated the wonders of a public education and haunts various universities, both teaching and learning, for any excuse at all.
Lucky accident of time, she has
“Wait, what's that sound? Oh yes, it’s you, sounding ridiculous.” 1 likes