Start by marking “Learn More Now: 10 Simple Steps to Learning Better, Smarter, and Faster” as Want to Read:
Learn More Now: 10 Simple Steps to Learning Better, Smarter, and Faster

Learn More Now: 10 Simple Steps to Learning Better, Smarter, and Faster

"Leaders at all levels will benefit from Marcia Conner's amazing book of strategies, exercises, and stories to maximize learning. This book is a must for your reading list this year."--Ken Blanchard, Chief Spiritual Officer, Ken Blanchard Companies

"A road map to reawakening the natural process of integrating learning into our daily lives."--Kathy O'Driscoll, Human Resourc
Published February 11th 2004 by John Wiley & Sons

To ask other readers questions about Learn More Now, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Learn More Now

Kirsten
Nov 04, 2009 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Everyone-this can help each person learn beter, faster, smarter.
Recommended to Kirsten by: Heidi McNally
This has been a very interesting book to read. It covers so many aspects of learning and how each person processes learning differently. I would recommend this book to anyone who learns, teaches and interacts with other people in this capacity... so, essentially, everyone.
It has helped me become a better student in school and at church. It helped me to understand why I am impatient at times while I am being taught something new and how to move past that so that I can be more receptive to what I
David Withun
Jun 10, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: education
I’m not usually much of a fan of self-help books; okay, I’ll be honest: I despise them and I think they are the armpit of modern literature. That said, this one wasn’t too bad. Of course, it has the typical cheesiness and the appeal to the lowest common denominator. However, the author did provide me some decent tips to enhance my learning experiences and help myself continue to pay attention and absorb information. I’m not disappointed that I read this book, but I certainly would not have read ...more
Trinity Lizalde
May 24, 2010 rated it really liked it
I was tasked to read this book while taking COL 100 with AMU. I was very fond of the fact that it required you to look within yourself. More importantly, be honest with yourself. The cover does not lie, if you were to give this book the time of day, it will make you a better learner because you will understand how you learn as individual. In the end making you more self-aware of what you need to do to be more effective.
ERNEST MORE
Feb 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Recommended to ERNEST by: American Military University
Read for a college course through AMU. Pretty good book, easy to read, and uses good logic. The book covers every aspect of the learning process: from the physical learning environment such as lighting, noise level, temperature, etc., to the analysis of the different types of learners to include motivation styles, learning styles, attention styles, direction styles and togetherness styles.
Brent McCulley
Oct 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: education
I had to read this for a COL100 course my first year, and couldn't have been more bored with such doleful topics of fanaticism and pseudo-psychology. "Focus your energy"...? What does that even mean in a pragmatic, realistic, sense? Nay, if one wants to learn more, they must pay themselves due diligence in careful study, meticulous review, and time-consuming memorization. There is no 'easy' way to become a scholar, regardless of how 'focused' your energy is.
Brent McCulley (10/24/13)
Keith
Jul 26, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I had to read this book because it was required for one of my college courses. The book is great for those looking for helpful tips for making learning become more fun and easier. Participate in the exercises in the book and write notes throughout.
Mandy
Nov 05, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: textbook
This book helped to prepare me for on-line education. It was issued for my COLL100 class. I would reccomend this to anyone getting ready to start on-line education as it gave me an insight into my learning style that really helped me to come to terms with how I would handle distance learning.
AJ Payne
Apr 10, 2009 rated it it was ok
I read this book for school. It had some interesting quizzes, and exercises to help you figure out how you learn best and what to do about it. It's not something I would have ever picked up on my own to read. It was interesting, but I'm not so sure I would ever recommend it to anyone.
Sandra
Jul 28, 2009 rated it really liked it
This was assigned reading for one of my college classes. I found it very insightful as to how I learn and it actually motivated me to do better. I recommend this book to everyone who would like to be a more effective learner.
Jon
Mar 11, 2008 rated it liked it
Read it for a class. Worthwhile.
Laura Clark
Nov 27, 2010 rated it liked it
ok for a learning book
Roxanne
Apr 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Was a great first book to read in college!
Chris
Feb 08, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book had excellent tips and tools for increasing memory retention and improving study skills. I liked it so much I want to implement some of the ideas into my children's study habits.
Candace
Dec 27, 2011 rated it liked it
Boring and all stuff I have heard before. This was a textbook in a class I took. Research isn't bad and it contains a few ideas that are decent but nothing new or innovative really.
Bonnie
Jan 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: textbooks, favorites
This book was helpful in creating better study habits, but a lot of it was what I already knew I needed to change. Either way, it was a good read.
Frances Bland
Oct 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
I already knew how I learn when I read this, but it has helped me become a better trainer and teacher. I recommend it to anyone who needs to teach anyone anything.
Tabitha
Jul 11, 2013
Derrick K
Jul 06, 2011
« previous 1 3 next »
After decades working within organizations pointing out the emperor has no clothes, I realize no one wants an emperor. It's time to focus my skills and experience making large-scale change to catalyze a societal shift. The social revolution isn't only needed in distant lands. It's needed under our feet, wherever we stand. My books and my work with people across the globe focuses on the change in o ...more
“Messenger molecules—known as peptides, which were known to send and register information around the brain—are also in organs throughout your body, including your intestines, stomach, heart, liver, kidneys, and spine. These organs also send and register information.” 3 likes
“You don’t lack motivation; you lack confidence in success—and that drives your motivation elsewhere, to avoid the feeling or the fear.” 2 likes