Start by marking “The Man Trap” as Want to Read:
The Man Trap

The Man Trap

3.48  ·  Rating details ·  79 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
When former classmate Alexi Manetas wanders into his book store, Simon Harris seizes the opportunity to rekindle a flame he'd carelessly extinguished years earlier.

Simon Harris has proclaimed his bisexuality loudly since college, despite never having dated a man. While his family and friends laugh, he knows the truth: there is one man he's always been attracted to. Once, f
Published June 1st 2012 by Breathless Press (first published May 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Man Trap, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Man Trap

Christy
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It never ceases to amaze me that a lot of people actually liked high school, go to the reunions, and still have friends from those days. I hated high school. It was a horrible experience, I've never attended or wanted to attend a reunion and I couldn't recognize 99.9 percent of my graduating class if I fell over them. The fact that Simon has thought of Alexi all these years, and, in fact, has been waiting to have a relationship with a man until it could be Alexi, just blows my mind. I enjoy Lee ...more
Mandy*reads obsessively*
I'm going with 3 stars, because there is no doubt Ms Brazil can write, unfortunately after a few of her stories, I am beginning to think they are just not for me.
(view spoiler)
Dianne Hartsock
Jun 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
“I love you.” He exhaled the words on a breath. I felt them as
an oath, a promise in my heart.

A beautiful, tender story about second chances. One of my favorites.
Candice
Jun 12, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: sweet, tender
This was a nice story about getting a second chance to fix past mistakes and be with the person you love.
Tailtiu
Jun 08, 2012 rated it liked it
3,5* A sweet read and where nothing really exciting happens but I liked it.
Melanie
Jul 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
Rating 4.25 stars

Simon Harris has been watching the same guy come into his bookstore each week, buy a book and leave. Not an unusual occurance in a bookstore but Simon recognizes him. It’s Alexis Manetas, a former high school classmate Simon had been attracted to before graduation. Simon has always loudly proclaimed his bisexuality but never actually dated a man, just woman. Now Alexis reappears and all those old feelings come back as well.

Alexis Manetas had a huge crush on Simon in high school,
Phaney
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, oh-yes
2012 Review:

Aww. Just… aww.

This novella-sized story was nothing but sweet. It had a hint of tartness too, in that the narrator seemed flawed but endeared himself to me fast. The romance itself was too cute for words. It had something of “destined” to it, just without all the actual predetermination.
Looking at it objectively, the plot remained utterly pedestrian, but, man, was it a joy to read. Excellent writing, interesting characterization, not a word too few or too much. This was great.

I also
Maya
Jun 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-books
The Man Trap by Lee Brazil
4 Stars
Reviewed for www.heartsonfirereviews.com

Simon Harris is the owner of a small book store. He is very single and has never had a relationship that has lasted longer than six months. He has only ever dated women but there is one man from high school that he can't seem to forget and that man has made a sudden reappearance in his life by coming into his book store for several Saturday's in a row. Alexi Manetas had a huge crush on Simon all through high school. He is n
Emily
Aug 24, 2012 rated it liked it
This was a fun read. I liked the story of the two reuniting and forming a family. It was sweet and romantic, especially their first date. However, I didn't like how immature Simon was. I mean I get it, he was insecure at first and that's fine. However, he went from insecure to downright ridiculous by the end of the book and quite frankly it seems to me that Alexi must REALLY love him because I would have told him to take a hike by the end of the book. Also, there are some questions left unanswer ...more
Suze
Oct 09, 2012 rated it liked it
Recommended to Suze by: Won on Lee's BlogFest giveaway
A short, sweet story about reconnecting. As its short, some parts of the story take larger leaps than you'd want but generally it flows quite well. Alexi and Simon were at high school together, Alexi knew he was gay and Simon was confused and closeted. Alexi seeks out Simon years later and though Alexi's son is a stumbling for Simon, they do reach their happy ending. It was a quick read, no big barriers to their romance other than Simon himself!, so good for a rainy afternoon read.
Hearts On Fire Reviews
Reviewed by: Maya
Publisher: Breathless Press
Genre: M/M Contemporary
Rated: 4 Hearts

Check out the review at: http://heartsonfirereviews.com
Arthur
Jun 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
An interesting second-chance story. The unique part is that Simon didn't like children and he was up front about it.
Kinny
Simon is a self centered, airhead jerk and Alexi is a glutton for punishment. I love Jeannie, Ebenezeer, Alexi and Gregory. Simon was redeeemed but I like him the least.
Ali