Start by marking “Becoming A Countagious Christian (Menjadi Orang Kristen yang Menular)” as Want to Read:
Becoming A Countagious Christian (Menjadi Orang Kristen yang Menular)

Becoming A Countagious Christian (Menjadi Orang Kristen yang Menular)

3.88  ·  Rating details ·  1,239 Ratings  ·  53 Reviews
Penginjilan tidak harus menjadi suatu kegiatan yang membuat Anda merasa frustrasi atau takut. Bill Hybels dan Mark Mittelberg percaya bahwa mengomunikasikan iman kita dalam Kristus secara efektif seharusnya merupakan hal yang paling alamiah dalam dunia ini. Kita hanya perlu dorongan dan pengarahan.

Dalam buku Becoming a Contagious Christian ini, dijelaskan semua prinsip uta
252 pages
Published May 2012 by Literatur Perkantas Jatim (first published 1994)

To ask other readers questions about Becoming A Countagious Christian, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Becoming A Countagious Christian

Curby Graham
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A basic introduction to evangelism. A quick read and filled with personal illustrations. Not the final word on the subject but excellent primer on evangelism.
Adam Gilchrest
I've attended the Global Leadership Summit for the past few years and always walked away from Bill Hybels talks ready to do something crazy with my life. General George Patton once said, "My theory is that a commander does what is necessary to accomplish his mission and that nearly 80 percent of his mission is to arouse morale in his men." I think by General Pattons standards and in my own small mind Bill Hybels is an excellent commander.

That being said, this book is jam packed with theoretical
Jeff Bobin
Jun 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lot of food for thought and many challenges that will encourage you that you can be yourself and still reach out to others in the name of Jesus.

Lacy Lovelace
Sep 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was shocked to learn that I was already heading in the right direction while reading this book! My main problem is with talking to people about Christ but I feel a little more confident. It's all about being yourself when you minister to someone and I found it very refreshing that Bill Hybels came out and gave the reader permission to be himself/herself. I definitely think this book helped me understand better what it takes to be a true Christian.
Katrina
It was a good book but just did not really keep me hooked throughout it. Some parts were really well done and others just made me struggle reading it.
Brian Whited
Hybels has written a book to encourage Christians to become effective witnesses for Christ. He begins his book by stating the reason for evangelism, namely that people matter to God and there are great rewards for becoming a “contagious Christian.” In the rest of his book he goes on to explain how a person can become a better evangelizer by using this formula: High Potency + Close Proximity + Clear Communication = Maximum Impact.

This book is aimed for new Christians or older Christians that hav
Garrett
Hybels likes to speak in business terms, so he breaks down sharing your faith with others to an equasion: HP+CP+CC=MI or High Potency + Close Proximiity + Clear Communication = Maximum Impact.

It's fairly simple and I tend to agree with his main ideas. If you want to share your faith with others, it makes sense that you would need to be in tune with God yourself (high potentcy). It also makes sense that you would need to be intentional about building genuine relationships with non-Christians (cl
Tam
Apr 23, 2007 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: hard to say
Shelves: christianbooks
Mittleberg, Strobel and Hybels are really good guys. They are kind and they are well-intentioned. But that said, I find some of the aspects of the evangelism taught here a little creepy. I'm pretty sure if we knew our Hindu friend had a piece of paper with our name on it and all the possible conversation topics he could use with us, specifically, to preach his Hinduism and the different books he could recommend to us, etc., etc. ... we might be a little freaked out (and we get mad when Scientolo ...more
Allen Lim
Hmmm... My feelings are mixed about this book. In terms of readability, its certainly not a difficult read, and Hybels does a good job of summarizing the key issues pertaining to the whole area of Evangelism. In particular, I liked his emphasis on being an Authentic Christian, and also his reminders scattered throughout the book to be seeker-sensitive.

I guess my main dislikes about the book is how it came across to me as seemingly too pat... I'm sure that Hybels and the many people he mentioned
Mundy Carroll
Probably where a lot of the personal evangelism ideas of the last 20 years started; I thought this was a helpful book, providing some good insights into just living an "effective" Christian life so as to make the most of opportunities to share the gospel.

That being said, I think later additions to the personal evangelism library have been more helpful - because; and here is the weakness in this book, the use of the Bible is better in other books. I was left a little uninspired by how Hybels use
Eric
Nov 20, 2009 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I almost gave this a five. It has some excellent chapters but not every chapter is a must read. I was skeptical at first, but Hybels has some very practical, this is how you do evangelism, tips and motivations. His emphasis on being authentic (how can you commend what you don't cherish?) and being in close proximity to people is good stuff. His final chapter on putting it in action and summing everything up is excellent as well.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to learn more about
Matthew Johnson
Dec 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hybels provides some helpful tips and methods for starting spiritual conversations and living in a way that can have maximum impact on unbelievers. His formula for this is helpful.
I certainly did not agree with all of Hybels methods or some of his use of Scripture, but Contagious Christian can be helpful in a lot of ways. Hybels is most helpful by saying there is no one way to do evangelism. He avoids the pitfall of a lot of evangelism books which usually try to force everyone into one mold, on
Apr 03, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-growth
I'll be honest that I didn't finish the book. I read about half way through and was too bored to finish. Hybels speaks in business terms to relate evangelism to people in an easy equation. The book certainly motivates and uses many Bible passages to back up why spreading the good news of Christ in every day activities is easy. However, the book was a dry read and I personally just couldn't relate to the business comparisons in each chapter. I would recommend the book to someone who needs motivat ...more
Jim Powell
A fine book that emphasizes evangelism as a calling for all disciples of Christ, without pretending there is only one style or approach appropriate to all situations. Hybels and Mittelberg see establishing and nurturing relationships as central to advancing the kingdom of God. Along these lines, they offer practical advice on how to infuse our relationships with the gospel message. In its simple and direct presentation, the book is theologically sloppy in places ... at times minimizing the work ...more
Ernestasia Siahaan
Aug 06, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
Sedikit membosankan di awal, mungkin karena alur penjabaran poin-poin yang hendak disampaikan cukup lambat. Mungkin juga karena (menurut saya) ada beberapa bagian yang bahasa terjemahannya terasa aneh, sehingga dibutuhkan waktu untuk mencerna maksudnya.

Beberapa hal yang secara pribadi menarik buat saya :
- pencarian iman adalah proses
- setiap orang mempunyai karakter yang berbeda, sehingga kita tidak bisa mengharapkan setiap orang menggunakan cara yang sama untuk memberi pengaruh
Michael
May 08, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christianity
Employing this level of calculation and deliberateness when engaging others seems a little creepy. That said, I've known people with a gift for approaching people with these kinds of methods and for some reason they do not come off as insincere. I took some good things from this book, and I hope those who come to know me benefit from that.

"Such is the irresistible nature of truth, that all it asks, and all it wants is the liberty of appearing." - Thomas Paine
Adrian
Jul 25, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must-read for all Christians, in my opinion. It offers clear, easy-to-read, practical, heavenly-minded yet down-to-earth advice on how to be believers in Jesus who make Him look good by being attractively authentic, compassionate, and willing to invest their lives in others - the way we are meant to be.
Amy
Sep 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its been several years since I read this but it is a wonderful book, I love how it emphasizes building relationships with non-Christians, sharing your life with them, and not just looking at them as a project, unlike so many things you hear about how important it is to just share the Gospel with people as quickly as possible.
Victoria
Apr 05, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book. I am pretty sure one of my pastors did a message series on this, so I got more insight on it from the sermons, but this was really wonderfully written. Not only does it give you a bit by bit understanding biblically of how you can be a contagious Christian, but you get some examples of stories and advice on what you can say or do to improve yourself as a witness for others.
Edward
Nov 25, 2008 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very helpful to anyone frustrated by a sense of not being able to follow someone's evangelism program. So many evangelism plans are a one-size fits all. Hybels acknowledges we're not all alike in terms of personality, gifting, etc. He offers suggestions as to things that are evangelism that we don't even think of being just that.
Asher Wen
Apr 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Instructive and helpful

"Becoming a Contagious Christian" offers practical tips grounded in biblical principles to every Christian who is thinking about how to reach out effectively. Even if you have been talking to others actively about Christ, the book would no doubt be a good toolkit to supplement your efforts.
Mary
Sep 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book definitely challenges the reader to follow Jesus' great commission and "go and make disciples of all the nations". It will definitely be a book that I re-read. The book takes you through how to become a contagious christian by encouraging you to use your natural personality to reach people and offers suggestions on how to do it.
Glenn
Jul 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Refreshing and Exciting Presentation on Friendship Evangelism

Bill Hybels' Contagious Christian makes evangelism fun again. Hybels' book imparts an excitement that makes a believer want to share their faith. The DVD study works well in small groups and helps sharpen everyone's desire to communicate Christ.
Sam B
Nov 04, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's good, nothing groundbreaking or world changing. Ironically, or perhaps unfortunately, I thought the best part of the book was the first third, before he actually gets into the actual subject matter that makes up most of the book. If you pick it up, you won't regret it (though there will be parts you just skim over), but I wouldn't expect it to blow you away.
Nick
Jan 15, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked it. It challenged me and is motivating me to go out on a limb and talk more. This was good for me to use as a reference in training and coaching others in our LifeGroup ministry to be more contagious.
Clint Heitz
May 11, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Ted Heitz
Shelves: religious-texts
Wow! Such a powerful and exciting book! I would highly recommend this to every Christian and I know and even the ones I don't. Hybels and Mittelberg do a fantastic job of showing individuals how to become contagious Christians.
Paul Johnson
Sep 06, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastic book for any serious christian. Mathew 28:19-20 "Go and make disciples of all nations..." It is life changing and gives great strategies for reaching out and making spiritual conversations.
Brian
Apr 11, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An excellent jumping off point for Christians who have never led another to faith in Christ (approx. 98% of all believers).

I taught a class on this for our church. Study guide is also very helpful.
Kim John
We're studying this book for our Connect Group at our church. It's interesting and so far it's helped me to recognize my own style of evangelism and practical ways of witnessing to people according to that style.
Valerie Welch
Jan 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I must read for every Christian. I found it very helpful to understanding sharing my faith. There is more to it than you think.
  • Uprising: A Revolution of the Soul
  • Inside the Mind of Unchurched Harry and Mary: How to Reach Friends and Family Who Avoid God and the Church
  • Live Like a Jesus Freak: Spend Today as if it Were Your Last
  • Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels: A Compendium of Contemporary Biblical Scholarship
  • A Mind for God
  • Practicing Greatness: 7 Disciplines of Extraordinary Spiritual Leaders
  • Growing in Christ
  • Everybody's Normal Till You Get to Know Them
  • Spiritual Leadership
  • The Unexpected Adventure: Taking Everyday Risks to Talk with People about Jesus
  • Living Above the Level of Mediocrity
  • Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament
  • Courage and Calling: Embracing Your God-Given Potential
  • Next Door Savior: Near Enough to Touch, Strong Enough to Trust
  • Evangelism Explosion
  • A Survey of the Old Testament
  • Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia
  • God's High Calling For Women
Bill Hybels is the founding and senior pastor of Willow Creek Community Church in South Barrington, Ill., and chairman of the board for the Willow Creek Association. The bestselling author of more than twenty books, including Axiom, Holy Discontent, Just Walk Across the Room, The Volunteer Revolution, Courageous Leadership, and classics such as Too Busy Not to Pray and Becoming a Contagious Christ ...more
More about Bill Hybels...
“Religion is spelled 'D-O', because it consists of the things people do try to somehow gain God's forgiveness and favor. But the problem is that you never know when you've done enough. But thankfully, Christianity is spelled differently. It's spelled 'D-O-N-E', which means that what we could never for ourselves, Christ has already done for us. To become a real Christian is to humbly receive God's gift of forgiveness and to commit to following His leadership.” 6 likes
“Inauthenticity among the ranks of those claiming to be Christians can become an almost insurmountable barrier to belief.” 1 likes