Start by marking “Harmony” as Want to Read:
Harmony

Harmony

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  480 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
It’s the roaring 20’s and the Black Renaissance has exploded in Harlem. From Marcus Garvey, to Ethel Waters, Sugar Hill is the place to be. That’s also true for The Cotton Club’s jazz singer Harmony Jones. Her soulful voice and unique beauty draws the attention of the most ruthless Sicilian mob boss Vincenzo ‘Vinnie’ Romano. And when her brother––a small time bootlegger––g ...more
Kindle Edition
Published May 17th 2012 by The Divas Pen LLC

To ask other readers questions about Harmony, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Harmony

Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I pulled this one up on my Kindle because I was watching the HBO movie "Bessie" with Queen Latifah (who is the definition of awesome), and I wanted to read something set at this time, and especially IR. I had downloaded is specifically because of the time setting and the storyline, and this was the perfect time to read it. I wasn't disappointed. This was a very good book.

Disclaimer: I will use the term 'colored' for black people because that is what black people were called at this time. This te
Nile Princess
Had to throw in the towel at 52%. I have loved other works by Sienna, but this didn't read like her at all. The 'chemistry' between the MCs felt very forced, the writing felt wooden and Harmony got on my nerves with her indecision and attempts to reconcile her church girl persona with her feelings for Vinnie. Just admit you're attracted to him and be done with it. The whole 'doing it for my brother' was almost secondary. She kept saying that Vinnie broke his promise to help her after she slept w ...more
Bonita
Jun 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is a great interracial love story taking place in Harlem during the 1920's. I fell in love the characters and felt like I was right in there with them fighting for their right to love freely. Starting to read my next Sienna Mynx novel "Buttercup".
Fashionista
Loved the historical accuracy. The Jazz Age is one of my favorite eras. This was a pretty copacetic read. Mony was a real sweet dame; I loved her feistiness! And Romano was a total alpha male!
Dorel
Jan 21, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
First off I think the cover is beautiful. This is the 1st book I read. by Sienna Mynx. I liked the hot & steamy scenes. I liked Harmony's character. I liked the action in this story. The things I didn't like about this story it was too slow & I wish Harmony & Vinnie had more chemistry & romance. I would still check out other books by Sienna Mynx.
Vallsykes
Sep 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: IR and historical romance lovers. Also those who love the 1920s.
"Destiny, the winding path she traveled toward it, was set."
description

Let's see:
1 star-contains a mafia badass alpha
2 stars-features jazzy cotton clubbish heroine singer the hero pet names Songbird (great!)
3 stars-pays adequate homage to setting, style and dialect of the era
4 stars-bravely gives the reader forbidden romance set in the ROARING 20s

____________________________________
 4 stars
To get all criticism out the way, I will say this plot was fairly predictable in that you could guess the betrayer an
SheReadsALot
Three and a half stars for Sienna Mynx's "Harmony". This story made me more open to reading romance set in the 1920's. It's one of my least fave periods of history. But for a IR historical piece, it was more historically accurate than some other historical IR stories I've come across (They shall not be named).

There were no long drawn out inner dialogues/ monologues in this entire story. The characters spoke like how I imagined they spoke back in that time. Another pro of this story is Sienna My
Theodora Taylor
Jul 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Description: When Harmony’s brother, a small-time bootlegger goes missing, the Harlem-Renaissance-era jazz singer turns to Sicilian mob boss, Vinnie Romano for help. Cue the epic romance.

The Good: This is going to be a pretty short review, because I really, really loved this novel. It’s a ton of story for your buck, and it reads fast. Most importantly, it fully displays Ms. Mynx’s growth as a writer. This is really epic storytelling, and Ms. Mynx has done some terrific character work with Harmon
Deloris
Nov 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book was so good I could not put it down loves comes from so many unexpected places and Vinny and Harmaony's love was that way. Harmony is a strong beautiful singer at the cotton club who catches Vinny's eye he wants her she needs him they fall in love,I know it sounds so simple right . Its not the story of how the fall in love is wonderful. They are a sexy couple what more would you expect from this author but the journey the take for this is wonderful and exciting. This book reminds of a ...more
Violetta Vane
I had high hopes for this book, but had to bail out fairly early. The characters were interesting, I loved the period setting, but the number of errors and problematic sentences was simply too distracting. Two examples:

"A life that stole her Lewis away. She cast her gaze away, but again was compelled to look his way again."

"Her orgasm built, it pushed higher by the motion of his tunneling cock and the rub of his granite tight thighs."

The voice is very lively, and with editing, this would be a re
Sarah G.
May 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Loved. Loved. Loved. I honestly have always enjoyed "historical" romance, or period pieces..and I must say this was a personal favorite. The book is set in the roaring 20's which is a nice change, since a lot of the historical romance I've read is usually around the civil war era. Harmony is a singer whose brother goes missing and she seeks out Vinnie Romano to help her find out what happened to him. In my opinion, this book reads like a movie.The settings and dialogue are spot on and their rela ...more
evergreencrime
Nov 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
stopped at 40%. Reviews and the blurb were the lure. The hero is not as interesting as I thought he would be. He is not on top of things like a Boss should be. He is the last to know about stuff going on in his business. The heroine talks like an illiterate. And yeah, I know it is another time and place or historical..blah..blah..blah.. but that is not what I am looking for. Maybe this time, it is me not you (book).
raeneysa
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
great read but the story no hold bar against buttercup at least to me. I like how she combine her
one of her favorite movie along with some of her favorite story from 50'60' era.
Didichan
Sienna Mynx i tired three of her books and it looks like i should stop trying.... i can't even give it one star
Norma Smith
Oct 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Harmony: Is a story of race, love, and trust. This is a great story for anyone looking for a IR/ romance novel to read, this one is for you. Harmony is a top singer at the Cotton Club in 1920's. Jazz era. Vinnie is a very powerful mobster who finds Harmony to be a very lovely songbird, and the woman he must have. When Harmony comes to Vinnie for help finding her baby brother, he is willing to help her but for a price. Harmony must share his bed for as long as it takes to find her brother. Along ...more
NJS
Feb 03, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked this story.

I love stories during this time period. I love strong female characters. I love sexy scenes. I love interracial romance. I love strong male characters. There was something a little off with this book that kept my admiration ‘in like’, instead of ‘love’, I am not sure what it was… I can say that I did not get why the characters were so into each other beside physical attraction. Male MC did seem to be replacing his old love, but who knows? It was not fully addressed. The coupl
Deb
Nov 23, 2012 rated it liked it
I would have rated it higher but at the first test of faith in her man the heroine bailed and I was put off by her lack of trust in her guy when he never gave her reason to doubt. Don't get me wrong, I get it she's a Black woman in the 20's who was having an affair with a White man. But already, going into the affair, you have to have developed some trust cause you the only one who would truly get hurt/killed/shunned/etc. So there was that.
Keitha
Dec 09, 2012 rated it it was ok
I could'nt get into this book because while reading it I was constantly thrown out of it due to the similarities to bith the movie Cotton Club and the show Board Walk Empire. It seemed like all the characters were borrowed from the former. Even down to the singer's younger brother (Nicolas Cage) double crossing the mob boss. And the brother hiding out in a church basement and the stealing of hooch is all from Boardwalk. YAWN.
erin blake
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it....

I totally love this book it was really good the characters were great the story was good not all happy happy ending type story that was sad parts of it and happy parts of it I just really enjoyed it this is the second book I've read by her and she's becoming one of my favorite authors I look forward to her books five stars
Nov 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: interracial-love
A Beautiful Love Story between Jazz singer Harmony Jones and Sicillan mob boss Vincenzo "Vinnie" Romano during the Black Renaissance in 1920's Harlem. What one will come to understand is how the Passion, Lust, Love and Hate will and does affect the persons around Harmony and Vinnie when their Hearts Collide and there's no turning Back :)

Ashley Lowe
Aug 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Never really a fan of reading books depicting division especially in the early 20s. However Sienna Mynx was able to make this book so captivating. It was sad to know of Antonio's betrayal as well as Willie's. Enjoyed reading about the passion between the two main characters and I was very happy everything worked out in their favor. Great book!
Roxanna Haddley
Sep 06, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Stand by your man

Sienna did it again...the book was full of action and love scenes from beginning to end. It was great reading about how Harmony and Vinnie bonded with each other and learned to love and trust each other. They had to let go of the past to build a relationship with each other. I wish I knew if Paulette and Willie made it to to there destination safely though...
Cazy
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was an exciting ride thru time. I loved the way the male lead decided to follow his passion at all costs. I wish things had ended differently, but if you are looking for a dramatic love story that is believable, full of the type of passion that will make a man move a mountain, read this.
Tara Martin
Oct 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Good Read
Shay
May 27, 2015 rated it really liked it
Sexyladi Barnes
Jan 06, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved it!!! Suspense, drama , romance, perseverance, hate and love set in the roaring twenties. Sienna lynx did an awesome job. Would highly recommend.
Marcella James
Jan 16, 2014 rated it really liked it
Great book! Was very impressed with the change in Vinnie's attitude towards his life at the very end.
Vivian
Jul 09, 2013 marked it as to-read
Uu
HI5O
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Exceptional

A very good, thorough, provoking storyline. Both Harmony and Connie were undeterred in getting happiness for the other. Love conquers all.
Hez
Aug 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
Harmony was a feisty diva. Good read.
  • The Slave Master's Son
  • Anatoly Medlov: Complete Reign (The Medlov Crime Family, #3)
  • Colorblind (Moonlight, #2)
  • Zoe
  • Harrier's Healer (The Megalodon Team, #2)
  • Thierry's Angel (Chevalier Men #1)
  • Gold Mountain
  • Her Perfect Gift: 50 Loving States, Illinois
  • Tatted
  • Being Plumville
  • Juicy
  • Mob Boss Christmas: The Pregnancy (Romancing the Mob Boss #5)
  • Windows (Italian Knights, #1)
Sienna Mynx is your naughty writer of Paranormal, Contemporary, and Historical Interracial Romance for readers that love the bad boy's but desire to be the women that tame them. A current resident of south of Georgia, Sienna Mynx has just emerged into the e-publishing arena. Her novellas reflect her thirst for romance told from a fresh perspective with the diversity she craves in erotic Romance. E ...more
More about Sienna Mynx...

“I can have a car take you home...after."

"After?"

"After.”
7 likes
“Tonight, you're mine. In fact, Songbird this is only the beginning. This body, pussy, your voice, all of it belongs to me.” 6 likes