Start by marking “The Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Girl with the Cat Tattoo (Cool Cats, #1)

The Girl with the Cat Tattoo

(Cool Cats #1)

For cat lovers everywhere, this sweet, quirky, and delightful romance is about a young woman and her matchmaking cat. A little bit of mystery, a whole lot of whimsy.

When a matchmaking cat takes it upon himself to find his young mistress a new mate, he accidentally stirs up memories better left forgotten.

Melody’s husband was murdered by what seemed a random act of violence
Published May 29th 2012 by Belfry Press (first published May 20th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl with the Cat Tattoo, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl with the Cat Tattoo

Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful)
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: People who like cats, quick sweet reads, & some witty dialogue
Recommended to Bgurl (don't h8 me cuz I'm honestful) by: Buddy Read With A Bunch Of Badass Babes!
Q&A WITH MAX: The Matchmaking Cat From The Girl With the Cat Tattoo.

description

Q: So Max, what’s the book about?

A: How I found a mate for my mistress, Melody. Her husband was murdered 2 years ago and she was having a hard time coming to terms with his death. After watching her drag home yet another one-night loser that wasn’t worthy of us, I finally took matters into my own paws and ventured beyond the backyard in search of a decent guy who wasn’t dumb enough to leave his clothes on the floor where I c
Deborah
Apr 18, 2017 rated it liked it

Cute and Quirky.

This was a buddy read for me (not my first choice I must admit but majority rules and all that) and I was surprised to discovered I'd actually downloaded it back in 2012!
Between me being late starting to read and some of the girls posting their reviews early I knew none of them had enjoyed the book, the highest rating was 2* and yes I considered just not bothering but that seemed unfair.
As you can imagine my hopes and expectations were incredibly low when I actually started read
Gio Listmaker
Apr 12, 2017 rated it did not like it
Image result for Dick and jane cat

Cross Out Dick and Jane Insert MAX MELODY & JOE

Oh Oh Oh Max Is A Cat

Image result for black and white cat dick and jane

Look Look Look Max Does Not Like Melody's Boyfriends

Image result for cat mad black and white

See Max Pee On Boyfriend's Clothes

Image result for black and white cat peeing

Come Come Come Max Sets Out To Find New Boyfriend For Melody

Image result for black and white cat in yard

Jump Jump Jump See Max Jump The Fence

Image result for black and white cat fence

Run Run Run See Max In The City

Image result for black and white cat city

Oh Oh Oh Hear Max Complain About Kids

Image result for black and white cat hates kids

Run Run Run Max Hates The Vet

Image result for black and white cat hates vet

Look Look Look Max Finds Joe

Image result for black and white cat man

Oh Oh Oh See Max Lead Joe To Melody

Image result for man helps cat

Look Look Look See Max Solve Mystery

Image result for cat mystery

Juvenile Writing
Bizare Conversations
Cat POV

Cheers
boogenhagen
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cat-bonus
Max rules! Plus he is way better at sorting things, all peoples should just do what their cats say, it is so much easier in the end. (Tho boogenhagen's staff might disagree, especially when the howls for more tastee deelites wakes her up at 2:30 in the morning.)
Penny Watson
Mar 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Penny by: Brie C
If I could, I would give The Girl With The Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir....

5000 STARS!

But I can't. (At least not on Goodreads). So, I gave it 5 stars. This book is freakin' adorable. It's quirky, cute, funny, romantic, even has a cool suspense storyline. The funky cat has a POV and does a moon walk. The heroine dresses up like Pippi Longstocking for story time at the library. The hero is the perfect alpha-beta mix of hot undercover cop and volunteer at the homeless shelter. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? All
Willow Madison
Mar 27, 2017 rated it did not like it

…binds, absorbs, and seals off molecularly…yes! This is exactly what I need to get rid of the stench of this book from my head! It does advertise for use on “hard surfaces” – what could be the harm??

Oh, wait…that’s the same thinking that got me into the mess of reading this cat-piss-equivalent book. Thanks, Bgurl, for dragging my tail into the Badass Babes Buddy Read. No, really…thanks a whole clumpy pile of used cat litter for organizing this fab read.

And now for the poop scoop on what I didn’t
Bev
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
Joined in on a BR that my crazy buddy Bgurl set up.

I'm not a cat lover, never have been and never will be (runs and hides), I'm a dog person and am owned by two oldies. Sooo, I wasn't too sure about this but was saved by the star of the show, Max (the cat!)
Emma
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5*

Max the cat was quite fun. Granted it took a while to embrace reading a cat's POV but once that was done the cat part was fine. Max's owner is dead and he is left with the grieving widow, Melody, who he also loves. Even after 2 years she is a wreck and has very questionable taste in dates so Max decides to intervene. Of course he is a cat so that does not quite go as planned. The human MCs are perfectly nice but not particularly memorable. Although I like her story telling costumes.

I like m
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Feb 05, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy read with AA group
If cats like Max existed, sites like Match.com would go out of business.

Adorable story with a stronger start than finish. I am not really a cutesy book reader, but one of my groups put this up for a buddy read, so I relented.
"It's a kitler."
"Kitler?"
"A cat with a mustache."

Max is a loyal pet. He wants to find a match for his owner because she deserves some happiness for treating him so well.

Did I mention that the cat himself was the narrator?
Was this a mate for Melody? Had Max found him a
Ian
Feb 03, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: anyone who thinks a cat calendar is classy toilet decoration.
Tired of her owner, Melody bringing men into their home for no-strings sex, Max, her cat, decides it's time to intervene and find her a new partner. Someone who can replace her husband who was murdered two years earlier.

Exploring the neighborhood, he comes across Joe working at a homeless shelter and decides he is the man for Melody. But after bringing him home he quickly discovers that a new man for Melody means less attention for him.

Girl with the Cat Tattoo is a quick and cute love story abo
Reader4Life  (The Color of Space)
First buddy read about a pussy with a tattoo. Or was it a tattoo of a pussy? Drawing a blank now. Oh well. I honored to be among this group of badass babes, angels, enablers, jailers with pixie wands, professional sloths, curb stompers and a woman with 6 vacuums (Don't ask. I don't judge).

This is a story about a pussy that had enough of unwanted Toms, Dicks and Harry's invading its territory. Urinating to mark its territory to ward away undesirables was not working. The pussy needed to find the
Ruthie Knox
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
When Theresa Weir told me she was writing something she referred to as "her cat romance" -- Theresa's first romance in thirteen years -- I was all, Where do I sign up?

Which is funny, if you know me, because I don't particularly like cats. Take it as a testament to how much I like Theresa Weir's books. Her romance novels are always engaging, off-beat, and, well, weird. But in a good way. This new one is all that, and more.

Consider the blurb: matchmaking cat, traumatized children's librarian, myst
Saly
I'd read a very good review of this book on Dear Author and enjoy Theresa Weir's different writing and despite the fact that I am a dog person rather than a cat one I still ended up enjoying this book, it is just so quirky and different. The book is written majorly from the POV of Max the cat, he is tired of seeing his owner Melody miserable, she goes out and gets jerks home, he knows she still misses her husband David, a cop who was killed two years ago, so he decides to go matchmaking and find ...more
'Q' aka CoCo
Thank God it's over.

This was a buddy read for me with an amazing group of gals whom I absolutely adore--wonderful, brilliant, hilarious friends...who have all lost voting privileges.

It's mostly in the cat's POV. Let me repeat, the cat is telling the story...

And that's all I have to say about that.
Amber
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary
Loved it! A fun, engaging voice and sweet characters all around, with just enough depth to satisfy an angst-addict such as me. This is what I always hope for when I sit down with a novella but rarely find. In fact, this is what I want in contemporary romance but rarely find. Yeah yeah, there were a few flaws, things that could have been shown but weren't, but it was just fun! The end, it was fun.

ps. I do love cats, and my cats HAVE peed on my husband's clothes and he HAS still been (mostly) supp
Yodamom
Jan 28, 2016 rated it liked it
Cats really are smarter than humans, and Max is one of the smarter ones. Max the matchmaker, makes his move and has excellent taste. Joe is a dream, he's hot, gentle, giving and loves her cat, what else cold a girl ask for ? Well there is one major problem.
Cute, quick and fun. I wish there had been more to the story it was over too fast
Carrie
We all need a bit of whimsy in our lives, and The Girl with the Cat Tattoo is guaranteed to add it. I wasn't sure about getting so much of the book from the cat's POV, but I love Max's voice. He isn't a person in a cat suit, he's so cat-like! Weir gets cats. ;-) Max's perspective on things is often a bit off and almost always funny. Being a novella, the character development isn't a deep as I'd like, but still good. The slight suspense story is interesting, but it's the romance that predominates ...more
Katie(babs)
Apr 29, 2013 rated it liked it
The Girl with the Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir was free on Kindle, so since I’m freebie grabbing Kindle addict, I snatched up this short story. This is an adorable tale from a few points of view, mainly from a cat named Max who's concerned about his owner, Melody.

The Girl with Cat Tattoo is perfect for any reader who enjoys stories with animals. This has a very creative spin with the star being a cat and not the humans for once. Max’s insight, curiosity and dedication to Melody, the lonely librar
Lexxi Kitty
I hadn't really expected to but I agree with the few reviews I glanced at before starting this here book. The parts with the cat are the best.

Part of the problem is the part where everything, including the parts apparently in the point of view of the two humans, had a kind of 'cat haze' to everything. A distancing. And something else that I cannot, at the moment, pinpoint. Part of it has to do with how immature, reckless, and downright dimwitted both of the humans were - at times the cat seemed
Brie
Nov 27, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Originally posted at Romance Around the Corner

This book is almost entirely told from a cat’s POV. If that didn't send you running the other way, you’re probably getting it now, just like I did when I first heard about it. It sounds a bit wacky, and it is, but it’s also funny and unique.

Max’s human is Melody. He’s worried about her because she keeps bringing men to their home, men that just spend the night and leave. Thus Max does what any cat would do and pees on the men’s clothes so they know
Cbackson
Jun 10, 2012 rated it liked it
I should admit, as a prefatory matter, that I hate cats. I want my pets to love me. I want mindless servility. I do not want to own an animal that has a high opinion of herself.

Last night, I went to my brother's house to pick him up for dinner. For the dogs, my arrival was like unto the second coming of Christ in glory. There was much leaping and rolling on backs. There was delirious barking. A stuffed platypus was energetically shaken by the neck until dead.

Then the cat turned up. The cat sto
Angie
I'm not even a cat person, and I absolutely adored Girl with the Cat Tattoo! Two years ago, Melody's husband was shot and killed. Now, she's been having trouble finding a good man and her cat, Max, is tired of it. He wants his human to be happy, and he'd like another person around to give him attention, so Max sets out to find Melody a boyfriend. He ends up finding Joe, but things may not be as they seem with him.

Girl with the Cat Tattoo is hilarious! The POV alternates between Melody, Joe, and
Shari Larsen
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally read a lot of romance/chick lit, but what drew me to this book was the adorable black and white cat on the cover, and because part of the story is told from the cat's point of view.

Melody is children's librarian, who enjoys dressing up in quirky costumes for story hour. She is still trying to cope with the murder of her husband two years ago, and not in the most healthy ways. Her cat, Max, doesn't approve of the losers Melody keeps bringing home, and he takes it upon himself to
Nikki "The Crazie Betty" V.
Story itself was silly
Could care less about the human characters
Liked Max the cat more than anyone else
His thoughts about catnip were hilarious (at least to me)
I kinda want to read about Max’s brother and sister
Did this as a buddy read with my gals.
Michelle [Helen Geek]

Story Appreciation = 3.5 Stars
Worth the Chili = 5 Stars -- [$Free on Amazon]
Smexy [HEAT] Rating = Mild
103 pages

This author used to be one on my "auto-buy" list. I loved her stories, but lost touch with her over time. I enjoyed this one. It was cute, unique. A rather refreshing little read. I'm looking forward to reading more in this series.

Buddy
Angela
Jul 13, 2012 marked it as tbr-lost-interest
1/4/2014: $0.00 FREE on Kindle - I still haven't read this, but I did hear really good things about it. Can't beat the price.

7/13/2012: $0.00 Free!
Linda
I've got to be honest. I haven't read anything of Theresa Weir's that I haven't enjoyed and I am a hard act to please.

THE GIRL WITH THE CAT TATTOO is a quick read. The heroine, Melody, lost her husband David two years before. He was a police officer and, after surviving tremendous heartache, Melody vowed she would never date another cop. Up to the present time her life included some meaningless relationships with the wrong type of guys to ease her loneliness.

What made this story different from
Jo
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks-own
I read this book as part of the anthology Must Love Pets: A Romance Box Set.

Loved this book! It's a cute romance with a little bit of mystery and danger to it. The story had substance to it and had me hooked for the entire book. This book features Joe, Melody, and her cat, Max as the central characters. Max is a cat on a mission: find the right man for his mistress. He has character and is very entertaining. Melody is sweet and quirky. She's a children's librarian who goes all out for story hour
Judy
Jun 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The Girl with the Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir
Cool Cats Series Book One
Max the cat is the main character in this story and the reader sees most of the story through his point of view. Max decides to find his mistress a new mate. Her late husband who Max had belonged to, had died. This decided, Max goes to find the perfect man for her.

I just loved this story. The author does include the point of view from Melody and Joe, but mostly Max. If only a cat could talk the things he would say. Like how he
Kathryn Barrett
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book, and for such a short and quick read, it had a lot of story there, including a heart-wrenching backstory.

But I have to admit I enjoyed the scenes written from the cat's point of view more than those written from Melody or Joe's. The two of them just didn't seem more than cardboard characters, and the chemistry between them just wasn't there.

The cat, though, was far more appealing. I think I'd have enjoyed the whole book written in the cat's pov. If you read The Art o
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Badass Babes Badass Buddy Read 145 15 Apr 29, 2017 06:20AM
Madison Mega-Mara...: The Girl With the Cat Tattoo 1 6 Jul 22, 2012 07:15PM

• License to Thrill
  • Trial by Fire (All Fired Up, #2)
  • The Millionaire Tempted Fate
  • Apples Should Be Red
  • Big Boy
  • The Awakening Society (The Awakening Society #1)
  • Her Favorite Temptation (Mathews Sisters, #1)
  • Leaving the Comfort Cafe
  • Devil in Disguise
  • Turning Up the Heat (La Vie en Roses, #0.1)
  • Cupcake
  • At Long Odds (Caspian Chronicles, #1)
  • Three Wishes
  • Another Dawn
  • Challenging Andie
  • Bring Him Home (Special Forces, #3)
  • Unbreak My Heart
  • Laugh (Burnside, #2)
Theresa Weir (a.k.a. Anne Frasier) is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of twenty-six books and numerous short stories that have spanned the genres of suspense, mystery, thriller, romantic suspense, paranormal, fantasy, and memoir. During her award-winning career, she's written for Penguin Putnam, Simon & Schuster, HarperCollins Publishers, Bantam Books/Random House, Silhouette ...more

Cool Cats (2 books)
  • Geek with the Cat Tattoo
“Max had been a cat as long as he could remember, but he was pretty sure he'd been a rock star in one of his previous lives. He just had that kind of cool about him.” 2 likes