Start by marking “Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1)” as Want to Read:
Snow White Blood Red (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #1)

Snow White Blood Red

(The Grimm Diaries Prequels #1)

3.77  ·  Rating details ·  3,083 Ratings  ·  340 Reviews
Author's Note: As of 09/11/2012 the novella has been edited. Grammatical errors only exist in older versions.

What if all you knew about fairy tales was wrong?

Book description of Snow White Blood Red: A Grimm Diaries Prequel as told by the Snow White Queen:

I have always wondered why you never asked about my name. Was I so superficial to you? So stereotypical and mundane? Wh
Published May 29th 2012 by Cameron Jace

Lola
2 ''Could have been so much better'' stars

Man, I liked this very short story. I liked where it was all going because I had no clues of what happened to Snow and why The Evil Queen claimed herself less blameable regarding Snow’s story. Its content is mysterious and, even though I thought I’d hate narcissistic Evil Queen, I ended up enjoying her personality and wanted to hear more of how much she loved herself.

I in fact never thought I’d say that one day…

I think that I’ve been compelled, guys. Wat
karen
a clever premise, adequately delivered.

there are enough glowing reviews on here for this book/story, that i feel i don't need to do that thing that i do sometimes, where i try to be super duper upbeat-positive glowy for the self-published authors. because, yeah - there is a lot of crappy self-pub out there, but it seems unnecessary to shit-talk people who are putting it all out there and broadening the scope of the publishing industry. and there are some true gems out there, unknown to many. i
(Downloaded for free from Amazon.co.uk)

This was a short story written from the perspective of the Evil Queen (Snow White’s mother), shedding light on what Snow White really was, and letting us know that the fairy tales we have previously heard have all been wrong…

Leslie
Jun 16, 2012 rated it really liked it
Who knew Snow White's step-mother is actually her birth mother? Not what I remember as a child. She is the "Queen of Sorrow" and she tells her story while sitting on the deathbed of Jacob Grimm. Snow White is also not the sweet, innocent character we've all come to know and love, but is described as a "beautiful monster" and also one whom is even more powerful than the Queen herself. Though not without her flaws, the Queen admits her evil tendencies, but paints a much darker picture of her daug ...more
Audrey
Jun 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
UPDATE: I will post a long detailed review about this series in here soon, but I can't help but notice so many haters on this wall. Many of them are writers which makes me roll my eyes. This series does have its flaws, but it's mind bending and I am so loving it. So stop hatin' nd start participatin'
7/9/2012

Officially a favorite. Review will follow. I am so blown away but need to see more of the young adult characters that I love in the second book to make up my mind .
Ernesto I. Ramirez
Jul 14, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dark-fantasy
Interesting twist to the fairy tale, the idea is quite interesting but the execution is lamentable.

I have read a lot of amateur and fan fiction stories in the past (I have been judge for an amateur writing contest for 2 years and editor for three) and I must say that this story is awful and wouldn’t have passed to the second round anywhere. Since English is not my native language I always focus more in the fact that the story makes sense and leave the true grammar details to the other judges and
Adrián Biháry
Wau....Prečo som si to neprečítal skôr? To čo som robil zo svojim životom?
Milujem re-tellingy, zbožňujem ich. Prečo Snow white Blood red nemôže mať štyristo strán?! Bože, to bol úžasné...a mal by si to prečítať každý, má to iba dvadsaťniečo strán a budete ju milovať. Snehulienka bola vždy krásna s nevinnou váričkou....i v tejto knižke je to, ibaže s "malým" twistom.
Dokonalé! :)
Aly is so frigging bored
“Time for a mix of blood, milk, and dark chocolate to fix that[wrinkles].”

All those adjectives in this story make it so annoying! I don't say that they don't have their place, but come ooon!
Filip
Jan 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Tak tohle bylo dobré - dokonce tak dobré, že jsem byl donucen začít a následně i dočíst ve škole po hodinách :D
Alexandra
Toto je presne tá kniha,
(brožúrka skôr. Ale zase poznám tristo stránkové "knihy", ktoré dokopy nič nepovedia a u tohto útleho prekvapka som sa škerila a pozastavovala nad dejom skoro nepretržite, má to svoje grády)

o ktorej budem rozprávať ako o pamlsku.
(Ktorý možno v budúcnosti prerastie v niečo iné. Otrávenejšie.)

description

Bol to chutný pamlsok.

Až mi je ľúto, že to tak rýchlo skončilo.
Veď si to žiada úplne epickú krvavú márovačku a tony otrávených jabĺk k tomu (btw, keď chvíľu čítam anglicky a do
Julie
Jan 11, 2014 rated it liked it
Mini spoiler free review

I remember dropping this novella a while back because the bad grammar and lack of corrections were grating on me. However, changes have been made and it was a much more enjoyable reader experience this time round.

Although quite confusing at times, I decided to give it a chance because the concept was intriguing and I'm a sucker for a fairytale retelling. I shall continue with the series because the author has clearly explored different ways in which to present these fair
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was ok
I like the idea of this story but I didn't get on with the writing style. The phrasing is awkward and clunky and I kept having to re-read bits to try and make sense of them. This could be partly down to bad editing (there were definitely some words missing and extra words added in places) but it meant the story struggled to hold my attention. What should have been a quick 10 minute read took a lot longer & I very nearly gave up before the end.

I'll probably try the next novella since the cop
Moira
Jul 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aj, fairy-tails
Miluju pohádky a vždy jsem to tak měla. A obdivuju, když někdo dokáže zpracovat pohádku opravdu dobrým a originálním způsobem. A tahle série vypadá na parádní jízdu. Nápad skvělý, zpracování dobré, postavy vypadají taky nadějně...
Začalo to vysvětlováním, hodně vysvětlování a hodně popisů, ale u něčeho takového, složitého a nového světa, se to neobejde. Líbilo se mi to, hodně, hlavně proto, že o tomto jsem ještě nečetla - pohádka z pohledu záporáka? A nijak zidealizovaného? .)
MischaS_
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well, this was pretty good. I hope that I'll find time to read the rest because it might be pretty cool.
Katherine
Jan 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Achjo. Já jsem takový úchylák na retellingy, že to svět neviděl.

Tohle je boží, přečtěte si to!
L.
This tiny book is a pure perfection :)
Jenna Osten
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
I haven't read something so original, enticing, and with such a strong voice since so long. Prepare yourself for bang on the head, a slap on the face, and one of those books when you say 'YES. I was looking for something like this.'

For a scant 24 pages, this novella is the best teaser ever. An awesome idea for an indie writer, i must say, because the purpose of this novella is to get you to decide whether you want to read the upcoming series, starting with Snow White Sorrow in October, or not.

I
Marsha
Jun 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young Adults and Adults
Wow, just wow! "Snow White Blood Red" is an incredibly unique prequel to what I believe will be a great new series that might be as spectacular as Harry Potter. No, do not confuse my meaning. This is not a story about magic or magical beings. It is a story about the truth behind fairy tales. The world building is spectacular, the characters are creepy good, the plot is intriguing and engaging and the writing is simply superb.

First and foremost, you must understand there are immortals living amon
Miss
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it
In this story the "evil queen" gives her POV on what Snow White is truly like. She isn't the sweet girl who talks to animals that we thought we knew. It's up to us to decide if these collection of stories told in another character's POV if they are telling the truth or not. Do we believe that Snow White is this innocent princess who is poisoned by her own mother? Or do we believe this queen who is not the evil one here, but Snow White is the one who is a demon child? I don't know if there's goin ...more
Lauren (Northern Plunder)
This review was first posted on Northern Plunder, if you want to see more reviews please click here.

The Amazon Kindle Lending Library is possibly one of the greatest things invented, though I'm still getting used to finding my way around it but The Grimm Diaries Prequels showed up on my recommended list and after reading the synopsis on Goodreads I decided to give them a go and I'm glad I did. Snow White Blood Red is from the point of view of Snow White's Mother, most commonly known as The Evil
Bailey
May 14, 2014 rated it liked it
So the Evil err...don't call her evil, she doesn't like that...Queen from Snow White has her own version of the story where the innocent princess is...well...you'll just have to read it cause I ain't telling you.

But why should we believe you lady?

description

Right, my bad.

This is a short read, one of many, that leads up to the actual Grimm Diaries series. I like the premise, sucker for a retelling, and this piqued my interest. And since Atticus, my kindle, has been hiding things from me again, I was lucky e
Toni
Apr 02, 2013 rated it did not like it
More like 1.5 stars, because I didn't hated it, but I just expected more.

I did not find the tale engaging, but I am not going to drop the series yet. I hope they will get more exciting. For a teaser it was kind of slow and too descriptive. Some ideas were just scattered and left without any proper explanation and other non essential matters were dragged on.

I started these, because I really love the new approach on the classical fairy tales, which I think started with the Once Upon a Time TV ser
Ali
Nov 13, 2012 rated it did not like it
Shelves: m_kin, g_ca
The author's writing unfortunately stymies and quashes the impact and enjoyability of a story that otherwise could be very gripping. I think that with deliberate practice over time, the author could develop their writing skills to effectively present their imagination to the world.--Then I hope the author might revisit these concepts and retell them. With a bit more thought, I realize that by the time I've read this particular story, the author's writing could have long evolved. That could make ...more
Niko Ramsey
Well, this was certainly interesting. I picked it up because it was recommended to me, and while I had no idea what to expect, I certainly give the author props for originality. I'm going to continue on with these (I have all 10,) before I make any final judgments... but if you're looking for a quick read that makes fairytales completely its own, this is for you.
Amanda
Mar 12, 2013 rated it it was ok
maybe 2.5 stars ... somewhere in between 2 and three anyway so it may as well be half. Ok I finished this, I really wanted to like it so I plowed through it. That it FELT like I was physically plowing through it gives you an indication of how much I didn't like it. Love the idea of deconstructing Fairy Tales but every character in this collection was unpleasant.
Tímea
Jan 31, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-english
Musím už viac čítať po anglicky. Vybrala som si túto knihu hlavne kvôli malému počtu strán a že je to o rozprávkach, ktoré mám naozaj rada. Teraz po dočítaní dokážem myslieť na jedno: prečo to nemá viac strán? Tak rada by som to čítala :) Bolo to dobré :)
Anna Pavlíčková
Tohle bylo opravdu zajímavé. :)
Nata
Nikdy som nemala rada Snehulienku a s hocijakým spracovaním pohŕdam, ale toto tu. Ono to je nielen krátke, ale ešte aj sakramentsky dobré!
Wolf Draven
Pecka! :)
Michele at A Belle's Tales
The Grimm Diaries Prequels by author Cameron Jace are several novellas serving as teasers for his series The Grimm Diaries. In an interesting twist, it is said that the Brothers Grimm altered the true fairy tales and concealed the fact that these characters hide among us. There are seven diaries, each told by a famous character and to be read before reading the first full length diary, Snow White Sorrow. These diaries come with a warning that they don’t always hold the truth and that some charac ...more
  • Zombie Cinderella II: The Ball (Zombie Fairy Tales #6)
  • Through Your Eyes ( I Am Alive book 1 Episode #3 )
  • Revenant in Training (Blood and Snow, #2)
  • 7 Folds of Winter
  • The Golden Cage (A Dance of Dragons, #0.5)
  • Cat's Paw
  • Queen Cinder (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #1)
  • Fallen Embers (Alterra Histories #2)
  • Two and Twenty Dark Tales: Dark Retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes
  • Rewrite Redemption
  • Sleeping Beauty (Faerie Tale Collection, #2)
  • A White So Red
  • Beyond the Iron Gate: Zara's Journey (The Lost Kingdom of Fallada #0.5)
  • The Better To See You (Transplanted Tales, #2)
Bestselling author of the Grimm Diaries and Insanity series. A traveller and collector of out-of-print books from all over the world, obsessed with the origins of folk tales and the mysterious storytellers who spread them. Many of his books made Amazon's Top 100 Customer Favorites in Kindle 2015 & Amazon's Top 100 kindle list. Cameron lives in California. When he isn't writing or collecting bo ...more

The Grimm Diaries Prequels (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Ashes to Ashes and Cinder to Cinder  (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #2)
  • Beauty Never Dies (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #3)
  • Ladle Rat Rotten Hut (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #4)
  • Mary Mary Quite Contrary (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #5)
  • Blood Apples (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #6)
  • Once Beauty Twice Beast (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #7)
  • Moon and Madly (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #8)
  • Rumpelstein (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #9)
  • Jawigi (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #10)
  • Children Of Hamlin (The Grimm Diaries Prequels, #11)
“But I don't need your love, because I am loved by the greatest and most majestic heart in the world.
Mine.”
14 likes
“You know what I think? I think that the world never got the time to hate me. It just wanted to hate me long before it met me.” 2 likes