Start by marking “Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2)” as Want to Read:
Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2)

Danger Next Door

(Red Stone Security #2)

After an explosion leaves detective Grant Caldwell scarred he quits his job and tries to hide from his well-meaning family while he heals. When Belle Manikas, a beautiful new neighbor, moves in next door with problems of her own he finds himself drawn to her even while he tells himself she’s nothing but trouble. Even though he knows he’d never have a chance with a woman li ...more
Published June 1st 2012 by KR Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Danger Next Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Danger Next Door

Erika
3.75 to 4 stars

Although I didn't feel a super strong emotional connection between Grant and Belle, I still found this novella to be suspenseful and sexy. The characters were quite likable. I picked this up due to the fact that Grant (who was SWAT) has extensive scarring from an explosion. He was a brave, noble kind a guy, and I liked him. As a plus, although it sounds like he had been a bit of a manwhore in his past, (view spoiler)
Jeanne
Oct 01, 2017 rated it really liked it

~Nichole~  Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews
I was a little torn while reading this .. I loved the hero. He's amazing. Grant had a lot of pent up insecurity over his scars and I adore a damaged emotional hero. Belle was trying to stand on her own two feet and get out from under a stifling family. These two were immediately drawn to each other on a physical level. What I loved was how it didn't take long for Grant to see beyond her beauty and for Belle to see the man under the scars that by the way never bothered her.
What had me torn was h
Delta

A little formulaic...

After reading two Red Stone Security books, it seems we can save time with a reviewing template:

(Insert heroine's name) is in a constant state of needing to be rescued by (insert name of a hot Caldwell brother of Redstone security). They are instantly attracted to one-another and fight that attraction. There is fast-paced action with the heroine's life in peril. The unrealistic frequency and intensity of plot events borders on the ridiculous. The hero and heroine
Norma
This was just ok. I enjoyed the characters and the romance for the most part, but the suspense part bordered on silly. Someone tries to kill the h 4 times in as many days every time she's alone. So of course even though H says he won't leave her alone for a minute, he does and someone tries to kill her. It was kind of silly.

Not a bad book, but not a memorable one either.
Jo-Anne
Mar 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own, wtr
This is a terrific romantic suspense.

I really liked Belle. She was strong enough to leave her over-protective family and live on her own. Yes, they had a reason to be protective of her. Her childhood health issues had them constantly worried about her. But they took things too far when they arranged her marriage. Anyway, I'm glad she stood up to them and moved out.

Belle had the hots for her new neighbour and wanted nothing more than to get him in bed. But sadly he had been badly scarred when a d
Janina
Nov 29, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: wishlist, mystery, romance
I remember reading No One to Trust about a year or so ago and really enjoyed it and I bought this one quite awhile ago but never got around to reading it. I'm glad I decided to pick it up because I was in the mood for a book just like this. Danger Next Door was very exciting! It was suspenseful, but had all the romance that I needed. It was also fast paced and also action packed which is hard to find in a romance. Also both the characters Grant and Belle were very interesting to get to know. Gra ...more
ツ Renée
Jun 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
A sweet, passionate romance mixed with danger, mystery, and suspense. I loved Grant and Belle’s story – the strength and vulnerability of both characters.

My favorite in the series so far.
Wild_irish_rose
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Really loved this story!
Malinda
4 stars

This was a very good story. I liked Belle and Grant and their story was very good. This is the first book I've read by this author and based off this I will probably read more of her books in the future. Obviously I didn't read book #1 before this but I didn't have an issue with confusion because of not reading it first.

Belle is a nurse and a really nice woman. She grew up sheltered due to heart issues that caused her to need multiple surgeries when she was younger. Belle finally managed
Twin Sisters Rockin' Book Reviews
Danger Next Door (Red Stone Security, #2) by Katie Reus

Overall rating: 5 Rockin’ Stars!!!!!

Grant is a good guy. He takes care of others, defends those that are weaker and hunts criminals in the Miami area. During a drug bust, Grant protects an innocent child from a bomb and it leaves him scared and damaged.

Curling around the kid, he cried out in agony as the flames licked over him, searing through flesh and muscle. Then blackness engulfed him.

Working hard to rehabilitate himself and get back to work, Grant is surprised to see a new neighbor mo
Paula Legate
I really enjoyed this book! Belle had always been sheltered by her big family. She loved them, but was ready for her freedom. She was so happy to move into her very first house to put a little space between her, and her overbearing family.

Grant in on medical leave from the police department. He was in an accident that left him scared. His appearance from the accident really bothers him. I was thankful that his insecurities about his appearance blended right in with the story. In some books when
Cindy ~
Jul 19, 2012 rated it really liked it
This second book in the Red Stone Security series is about Grant Caldwell. His brothers run the Security firm. Grant was a police officer with the Miami PD when a drug bust goes horribly wrong and he is burned on his back and part of his face and sustained a lot of damage to his knee. He is home on disability leave and feeling pretty sorry for himself and has basically become a recluse due to his embarrassment over his burns. One day he notices his new neighbor moving in and thinks she is really ...more
Vanessa theJeepDiva
Jun 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Grant notices his new neighbor the moment she moves into the house next door. He can’t help but notice her, she’s beautiful. He also believes that his burn scars will scare her. Belle is thankful that her neighbor is around when she is attacked in her new back yard. On her own for the first time in her life she finds having the former detective right next door a comfort. The fact that he is protective and handsome is just an added bonus.

Grant and Belle are trying to figure out what is beginning
Agnes
Mar 15, 2014 rated it liked it
Nina
Feb 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this read. The characters were fleshed out. I also really liked Belle as a heroine. She was confident, strong, bold, and what she want, she went after & and that was Grant. Grant was also a great hero: protective, loving & sexy. Furthermore, the plot & storyline were well-developed. The pacing was good. I never got bored while reading and I liked the suspense that was provided in the story. This story was packed with just the right amount of heat, action, and twist a ...more
Deannie
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't love a good book with lots of action in and out of the bedroom? This series takes you there and you can't stop reading! It touches a sensitive topic and Ms. Reus does an outstanding job of showing such sensitivity to both characters. Grant and Belle's story is so good....... I have book hangover for sure!
Diana Tan
Jun 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
An outstanding addition to a captivating series. I love Grant's and Belle's story. Instant attraction, undeniable chemistry, gripping suspense and action and hot passionate romance all combine to give one unforgettable book. Highly recommended!
Michelle
I loved this book, I'm enjoying getting to know the brothers better. Grant intrigued me in the first book and Katie surprised me with the turn of events in this one. Belle was a good fit for him and I can't wait for the next one!
Melanie
Oct 25, 2014 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: security/romance/suspense

Elizabeth Bennet
Dec 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Grant Caldwell is recovering physically and emotionally. He was caught up in a drug bust gone bad and 6 months later he's left with scars that he's not sure even he can overlook. Belle Manikas moves in next door. I loved the instant the connection as well as the protective vibe the author injects between the couple. It had the past possible flame that can create some jealousy but it is very mild and brief before cleared up. Grant's biggest dilemma is overcoming his insecurities about his disfigu ...more
Nessa
Oct 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
SHORT AND SWEET. THIS IS THE KIND OF STORY WITH THE PERFECT KIND OF CHARACTERS. PROTECTIVE ALPHA AND BEAUTIFUL, LOVING HEROINE. THE KIND YOU KNOW WONT GO WRONG. IT IS A COMFORT READ. PREDICTABLE.

OUR HERO was badly scarred from a reason bust and had spent 6 months moping in his own home while recuperating. Apparently the enemy he is looking for hasn't given up the game and is still lingering waiting for the right time to strike. That chance came in the form of his new neighbor, a beautiful mixed
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have listened to a couple of the audiobooks in this series, and have come to love it. This one was no different.
The main characters are Grant Caldwell and Belle Manikas. Grant, a former Miami PD detective, is still recovering from a drug bust gone wrong. He was left with not only external deforming scars, but also with internal ones. Belle, has just moved next to Grant , and the attraction between them is instant. Though she currently is a nurse, she knows all about scars and pain, since she t
theBookWolf
Mar 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I liked that this book was short and sweet but at the same time I also hated that it was so short! I loved the plot, romance and characters so naturally I was disappointed when it ended so quickly. If this was a full length book, some things could have been fleshed out more with more elaboration and no doubt I would have loved it more. But I will take what I can get and I still really loved this book. I could see myself re-reading this book and I haven't been able to say that about a lot of the ...more
Irene
Feb 23, 2018 rated it liked it
My Review

I guess serial killers do need their own fans. Grant and Belle’s romance seemed a little too rushed but I liked that, especially when that man is dealing with some issues due to his physical scars. We as human beings tend to see only the bad stuff that happens in our lives and not the good we do!
Paulette
Oct 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Overall, I liked this book. I liked the main characters, Grant and Belle. I had a hard time dealing with how quickly he became so into Belle, very protective but a bit over the top. It had some elements that I really liked. The book fell a little short for me, not a bad read, just not a great one either.
Epiphany
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: katie-reus
I loved this book. Grant was born to be a hero! At the beginning of this story I just wanted to hug him and then give him a kick in the seat of his pants. But then in walked fate, Belle moved in next door. This is a wonderful love story full of suspense, angst, some self pity, but a whole lot of love. Can't wait to read the next in this series.
Valorie
Oct 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
OMGGGGG.....................I was biting my nails with this one! Poor Grant.... this was truly a Beauty and the Beast( only the said beast isn't really a beast) ( he just didn't realize it). I'm glad he stepped into a situation and met the love of his life. Beautiful pairing and story (except for the part about the serial killer! ) that was so scary. Loved it.
  • Shades of Desire (SIG, #1)
  • Operation: Endurance (When the Mission Ends, #3)
  • Legacy Found (Legacy, #3)
  • Fight to Remember (Trueblood #5)
  • Her Master Defender (Masters Men, #1)
  • A Little Harmless Addiction (Harmless, #5)
  • Alpha One (Shadow Agents, #1)
  • Beauty and the Badge (The Precinct, #11)
  • Hailey's Truth (The Bodyguards Of L.A. County, #3)
  • Sinful Seconds
  • Wrapped Around Your Finger (Bound to You, #1)
  • Run from Fear (Dead Wrong, #3)
  • Freaky By Nature (SEALS, Inc., #3)
  • Billionaire Bodyguard (Billionaire Bodyguard, #1)
  • Connected (Twists of Fate, #1)
  • Relentless (Suspense Series, #4)
Katie Reus is the New York Times, USA Today, & IndieReader bestselling author of the Red Stone Security series, the Moon Shifter series and the Deadly Ops series. She fell in love with romance at a young age thanks to books she pilfered from her mom's stash. Years later she loves reading romance almost as much as she loves writing it. However, she didn't always know she wanted to be a writer. ...more

Red Stone Security (1 - 10 of 16 books)
  • No One to Trust (Red Stone Security, #1)
  • Fatal Deception (Red Stone Security, #3)
  • Miami, Mistletoe & Murder (Red Stone Security, #4)
  • His to Protect (Red Stone Security, #5)
  • Breaking Her Rules (Red Stone Security, #6)
  • Protecting His Witness (Red Stone Security, #7)
  • Sinful Seduction (Red Stone Security, #8)
  • Under His Protection (Red Stone Security, #9)
  • Deadly Fallout (Red Stone Security, #10)
  • Sworn to Protect (Red Stone Security, #11)
“I’ve been waiting half an hour for you to wake up.” His voice was uneven and raspy.

“Is that right?” she murmured.”
2 likes
“Grant leaned forward, covering the short distance between them so that their lips were a fraction apart. His warm breath tickled her face, making heat pool between her legs.

“I don’t want to take advantage of you,” he said so softly it took a moment for her to register his words.”
1 likes