Start by marking “Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)

Flirting with Ruin

(Castonbury Park 0.5)

Lady Rosalind Rhees has dedicated her life to being as scandalous as possible--it's the only way she can escape society's expectations. Unfortunately, flirting with ruin hasn't been as exciting as she'd hoped.

Until she meets Major Fraser Lennox at a country party--and gets a taste of just how delicious forbidden desire can feel... But is she daring enough to follow her he
Published June 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with Ruin

Fiona Marsden
Jul 02, 2012 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like good dialogue, hot sex and real people
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
This is a great little story and a good introduction to the Castonbury Park Regency series. The hero is divine and the heroine charming. The love scenes are, um, shall we say not Georgette Heyer style. A little bit of sizzle. We meet quite a few of the upcoming heroes and heroines in person or by hearsay. Looks like being a lot of fun.
Mnms
Apr 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
As in any short story it's hard to get truly engaged in the characters. but still sparks fly and I can't help but delight in the story.
Lexie
Jul 28, 2012 rated it liked it
Daisy Sloan
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it
Flirting with Ruin is the first in the Castonbury Park series by Marguerite Kaye. It’s a great introduction to the series full of romance and passion. Lady Rosalind is a widow who is looking for a little excitement in her life. Her husband was puritanical and felt the marriage bed should be endured rather than enjoyed. She meets Major Fraser Lennox at a country party and finds out that passion does exist and she’s more than capable of it!

This was a great short story and introduction to the Cast
Maura
Jody
Aug 11, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-books, ebook
Alison
Jul 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
A nice little Regency novella which opens the Castonbury Park continuity series.

An enjoyable and short tale, I really liked and engaged with the hero and heroine - but it did not seem to me really that Rosalind really flirted with ruin that much until she meets Fraser, despite her saying so. There are sensual scenes from the very start.

As it is an opening to the Castonbury Park novels, there were quite a bewildering array of characters introduced and mentioned, but I understood why this had to b
Elena
Oct 10, 2012 rated it really liked it
Great short story. Early 19th century... A war Major and a 26 year-old widow have a chance encounter and think they will never see each other again. They, of course, do meet again and their passionate affair starts. Since they are both seeking adventures, they decide to travel the world together ... Cute, since it doesn't push the usual "we are madly in love after knowing each other for only 3 days" > but more "we are modern people and choose to embark on an adventure together because we have ...more
Megan
I think this is the first Harlequin Historical Undone I've read, and I read this because it was free and because Kaye's an author I've heard good things about. The writing was good and the introduction to upcoming series characters/stories/etc. was handled far more gracefully than I usually see it, but I guess I didn't see the point of the book other than promo for the upcoming series: no emotional journeys or emotional growth, no plot, just well-written character interaction. It was, though, ni ...more
Tina Ullrich
Nov 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Embarrassing Ruin

Rosalind and Fraser have an intense forest meeting. Stifled by an overbearing and and then husband, Rosalind finds her life dull and boring. She visits a friends in morning only to discover her future. Fraser is finishing his last Order of business for the military. He unknowingly meets his life dream in a back town in England. A short funny poetic story you will enjoy.
Anna
Jul 13, 2012 rated it liked it
Short read on Kindle. A young woman, a widow who has never had much fun, goes to the village fete and flirts rather scandalously with a handsome stranger.

Imagine her shock when he appears at her home the next day to deliver news of her cousin's death in battle. The stranger is an army officer who served with her cousin.

It was a pleasant short escape into Regency England.
Kay Bolton
Apr 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
A descriptively lovely prequel, that left me wanting more, and actually willing to buy the Castonbury Park Series by this new author (to me).

I liked her style, and the way the flow to the narrative. Just a bit naughty, but still believable.

For me 4 stars and the series will be going on my Wish List.
Katherine
Mar 28, 2014 rated it really liked it
What a surprise this novella was! It is a sweet and hot love story between a widow and war veteran in the post-Naploeonic war era. The sensibilities are quite modern, for all the historical setting, but it felt possible. A good, quick read.

This was a kindle freebie.
Carrie Olguin
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was ok
A short story that is part of the Castonbury Park story but adds nothing of inportance to it.

Story summed up here: they meet, they have a tryst, he asks her to go with him when he leaves the park, she accepts. No conflict, no proposal, no wedding.
Ms. Ali Cat
Aug 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
This was a great novella that I found I liked because it gave you a look at that tryst you don't hear about in a romance novel. I would love to read the first book of the Castonbury Park novel.
Destiny
Aug 03, 2012 rated it really liked it
This was a very cute introduction to the series.
Amber Garabrandt
Mar 21, 2013 rated it liked it
cute, sassy and sexy but far too short
ms bookjunkie
A nice enough snippet, but not enough meat on the bones to satisfy.
Beret Brenckman
Nov 24, 2012 rated it did not like it
reasons behind ruination bugged me - didn't like main female character
Alicia
Aug 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I thought it was okay. It could have been better. Some of the characters where quite annoying.
Stephanie
May 24, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Very quick and thorouly enjoyable. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Megan
Aug 07, 2012 rated it liked it
This novella works well as an amuse-bouche for a new series of Regency historical romances, Castonbury Park. I am looking forward to reading these books as they are released each month.
Barri Bryan
Jul 30, 2012 rated it liked it
This is a short read. It's an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon, especially if you like Regency Romances,and I do.
Tasha
Jul 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Gotta love this book there is nothing more exciting than wondering if someone will follow their hearts or not...
Dana
Jul 20, 2012 rated it liked it
47 pages on my Nook, enjoyable, the introduction of characters for the series is well done.
Jul 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing
It was a short book, but definately a good book
[̲̅ρ̲̅υ̲̅и̲̅y̲̅α̲̅]
Currently a Freebie at Kobo... Kinda weird, I found one copy free, another not. lol
Larisa
Jul 26, 2012 rated it it was ok
Shelves: nook, own
2.5 Stars
More of a good vignette, a teaser for upcoming series, than a short story. Nice read for waiting in line.
Jacqueline
Aug 29, 2012 rated it liked it
Short Book... sweet story.
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 01:14PM

• Lady Deception
  • An Unlikely Alliance (The House of Renwick, #2.5)
  • His Not So Sensible Miss
  • Devil in the Making (Devilish Vignettes, #1)
  • A Little Deception
  • Claiming the Duchess (Fitzhugh Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Baring It All
  • Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1)
  • The Raven's Revenge
  • A Delightful Arrangement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #1)
  • Kidnapping the Laird
  • The Wary Widow (Wetherby Brides, #3)
  • Racing with the Wind (Agents of the Crown, #1)
  • The Wicked Wedding of Miss Ellie Vyne (Sydney Dovedale, #2)
  • At the Earl's Convenience
  • An Heir of Uncertainty
  • The Demon's Mistress (Three Heroes, #1; Company of Rogues, #5.5)
  • China Rose
Marguerite Kaye is a prolific historical romance author hailing from Argyll’s West Coast. She is a voracious consumer of books, Scotland’s world-class larder, and the occasional cocktail.

Find out more on her website at www.margueritekaye.com

Join her on Facebook page at www.facebook.com/margueritekayepage

Chat with her on Twitter at www.twitter.com/margueritekaye

Castonbury Park (10 books)
  • The Wicked Lord Montague (Castonbury Park #1)
  • The Housemaid's Scandalous Secret (Castonbury Park #2)
  • The Lady Who Broke the Rules (Castonbury Park #3)
  • Lady of Shame (Castonbury Park #4)
  • The Illegitimate Montague (Castonbury Park, #5)
  • Unbefitting a Lady (Castonbury Park #6)
  • Redemption of a Fallen Woman (Castonbury Park #7)
  • A Stranger at Castonbury (Castonbury Park #8)
  • Scandalous Whispers: The Wicked Lord Montague / The Housemaid's Scandalous Secret (Castonbury Park #1-2)
  • Castonbury Park: Ladies of Disrepute: The Lady Who Broke the Rules\Lady of Shame