Start by marking “Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)” as Want to Read:
Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)

Flirting with Ruin (Castonbury Park 0.5)

Lady Rosalind Rhees has dedicated her life to being as scandalous as possible--it's the only way she can escape society's expectations. Unfortunately, flirting with ruin hasn't been as exciting as she'd hoped.

Until she meets Major Fraser Lennox at a country party--and gets a taste of just how delicious forbidden desire can feel... But is she daring enough to follow her he
Published June 2012 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Flirting with Ruin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Flirting with Ruin

Fiona Marsden
Jul 02, 2012 Fiona Marsden rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: People who like good dialogue, hot sex and real people
Recommended to Fiona by: Author Preference
This is a great little story and a good introduction to the Castonbury Park Regency series. The hero is divine and the heroine charming. The love scenes are, um, shall we say not Georgette Heyer style. A little bit of sizzle. We meet quite a few of the upcoming heroes and heroines in person or by hearsay. Looks like being a lot of fun.
Lexie
Jul 28, 2012 Lexie rated it liked it
Lee Anne - OMG! It's TOOOOO Cold!
Flirting with Ruin is the first in the Castonbury Park series by Marguerite Kaye. It’s a great introduction to the series full of romance and passion. Lady Rosalind is a widow who is looking for a little excitement in her life. Her husband was puritanical and felt the marriage bed should be endured rather than enjoyed. She meets Major Fraser Lennox at a country party and finds out that passion does exist and she’s more than capable of it!

This was a great short story and introduction to the Cast
Maura
Jody
Aug 11, 2012 Jody rated it it was ok
Shelves: owned-books, ebook
Alison
Jul 25, 2012 Alison rated it really liked it
A nice little Regency novella which opens the Castonbury Park continuity series.

An enjoyable and short tale, I really liked and engaged with the hero and heroine - but it did not seem to me really that Rosalind really flirted with ruin that much until she meets Fraser, despite her saying so. There are sensual scenes from the very start.

As it is an opening to the Castonbury Park novels, there were quite a bewildering array of characters introduced and mentioned, but I understood why this had to b
Elena
Oct 10, 2012 Elena rated it really liked it
Great short story. Early 19th century... A war Major and a 26 year-old widow have a chance encounter and think they will never see each other again. They, of course, do meet again and their passionate affair starts. Since they are both seeking adventures, they decide to travel the world together ... Cute, since it doesn't push the usual "we are madly in love after knowing each other for only 3 days" > but more "we are modern people and choose to embark on an adventure together because we have ...more
Megan
Jul 20, 2012 Megan rated it it was ok
I think this is the first Harlequin Historical Undone I've read, and I read this because it was free and because Kaye's an author I've heard good things about. The writing was good and the introduction to upcoming series characters/stories/etc. was handled far more gracefully than I usually see it, but I guess I didn't see the point of the book other than promo for the upcoming series: no emotional journeys or emotional growth, no plot, just well-written character interaction. It was, though, ni ...more
Tina Ullrich
Nov 02, 2014 Tina Ullrich rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Embarrassing Ruin

Rosalind and Fraser have an intense forest meeting. Stifled by an overbearing and and then husband, Rosalind finds her life dull and boring. She visits a friends in morning only to discover her future. Fraser is finishing his last Order of business for the military. He unknowingly meets his life dream in a back town in England. A short funny poetic story you will enjoy.
Anna
Jul 13, 2012 Anna rated it liked it
Short read on Kindle. A young woman, a widow who has never had much fun, goes to the village fete and flirts rather scandalously with a handsome stranger.

Imagine her shock when he appears at her home the next day to deliver news of her cousin's death in battle. The stranger is an army officer who served with her cousin.

It was a pleasant short escape into Regency England.
Kay Bolton
Apr 21, 2013 Kay Bolton rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star
A descriptively lovely prequel, that left me wanting more, and actually willing to buy the Castonbury Park Series by this new author (to me).

I liked her style, and the way the flow to the narrative. Just a bit naughty, but still believable.

For me 4 stars and the series will be going on my Wish List.
Katherine O'Grady
Mar 28, 2014 Katherine O'Grady rated it really liked it
What a surprise this novella was! It is a sweet and hot love story between a widow and war veteran in the post-Naploeonic war era. The sensibilities are quite modern, for all the historical setting, but it felt possible. A good, quick read.

This was a kindle freebie.
Carrie Olguin
Apr 16, 2013 Carrie Olguin rated it it was ok
A short story that is part of the Castonbury Park story but adds nothing of inportance to it.

Story summed up here: they meet, they have a tryst, he asks her to go with him when he leaves the park, she accepts. No conflict, no proposal, no wedding.
Amber Garabrandt
Mar 21, 2013 Amber Garabrandt rated it liked it
cute, sassy and sexy but far too short
Stephanie
May 24, 2014 Stephanie rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
Very quick and thorouly enjoyable. Can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Ali Crean
Aug 05, 2013 Ali Crean rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
This was a great novella that I found I liked because it gave you a look at that tryst you don't hear about in a romance novel. I would love to read the first book of the Castonbury Park novel.
ms bookjunkie
A nice enough snippet, but not enough meat on the bones to satisfy.
Jul 18, 2012 Laura rated it it was amazing
It was a short book, but definately a good book
Tasha
Jul 15, 2012 Tasha rated it liked it
Gotta love this book there is nothing more exciting than wondering if someone will follow their hearts or not...
Dana
Jul 20, 2012 Dana rated it liked it
47 pages on my Nook, enjoyable, the introduction of characters for the series is well done.
Jacqueline
Aug 29, 2012 Jacqueline rated it liked it
Short Book... sweet story.
Alicia
Aug 26, 2013 Alicia rated it liked it
I thought it was okay. It could have been better. Some of the characters where quite annoying.
Barri Bryan
Jul 30, 2012 Barri Bryan rated it liked it
This is a short read. It's an enjoyable way to spend an afternoon, especially if you like Regency Romances,and I do.
Megan
Aug 07, 2012 Megan rated it liked it
This novella works well as an amuse-bouche for a new series of Regency historical romances, Castonbury Park. I am looking forward to reading these books as they are released each month.
Destiny
Aug 03, 2012 Destiny rated it really liked it
This was a very cute introduction to the series.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Castonbury Park
Beret Brenckman
Nov 24, 2012 Beret Brenckman rated it did not like it
reasons behind ruination bugged me - didn't like main female character
Jackie M
Jul 04, 2012 Jackie M rated it liked it
Good short story.
Ƥʋиʏα [Punya Reviews...]
Currently a Freebie at Kobo... Kinda weird, I found one copy free, another not. lol
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Mar 21, 2015 01:14PM
  • The Wicked Lord Montague (Castonbury Park #1)
  • Devil in the Making (Devilish Vignettes, #1)
  • The Duke and the Lost Night
  • An Unlikely Alliance (The House of Renwick, #2.5)
  • The Raven's Revenge
  • Lady Deception
  • Kidnapping the Laird
  • Yorkshire (Richard and Rose, #1)
  • Wallflower (The Old Maids' Club, #1)
  • The Marriage List
  • Wickeds Scandal (The Wickeds #1)
  • Out of the Dark
  • The Beauty Bride (Jewels of Kinfairlie #1)
  • A Little Deception
  • A Delightful Arrangement (The Gentlemen Next Door, #1)
  • The Wary Widow (Wetherby Brides, #3)
  • Baring It All (Short Story): A Loveswept Historical Romance
  • What Wild Moonlight
Marguerite Kaye writes hot historical romances from her home in cold and usually rainy Scotland. Featuring Regency Rakes, Highlanders and Sheikhs, she has published almost thirty books and novellas.

When she’s not writing she enjoys walking, cycling (but only on the level), gardening (but only what she can eat) and cooking. She also likes to knit and occasionally drink martinis (though not at the
More about Marguerite Kaye...

Castonbury Park (10 books)
  • The Wicked Lord Montague (Castonbury Park #1)
  • The Housemaid's Scandalous Secret (Castonbury Park #2)
  • The Lady Who Broke the Rules (Castonbury Park #3)
  • Lady of Shame (Castonbury Park #4)
  • The Illegitimate Montague (Castonbury Park, #5)
  • Unbefitting a Lady (Castonbury Park #6)
  • Redemption of a Fallen Woman (Castonbury Park #7)
  • A Stranger at Castonbury (Castonbury Park #8)
  • Scandalous Whispers: The Wicked Lord Montague / The Housemaid's Scandalous Secret (Castonbury Park #1-2)
  • Castonbury Park: Ladies of Disrepute: The Lady Who Broke the Rules\Lady of Shame