Start by marking “Science Fiction Stories” as Want to Read:
Science Fiction Stories

Science Fiction Stories

3.27  ·  Rating details ·  62 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Attention, earthlings! Here are twenty imaginative stories from the pioneers of sci-fi and the best of today's popular science fiction writers, including Isaac Asimov, H. G. Wells, Arthur C. Clarke, and Ray Bradbury.

Contents
 Science Fiction Stories • (1988) • interior artwork by Karin Littlewood
7 • The Boy, the Dog and the Spaceship • (1974) • short story by Nicholas Fisk
Published November 14th 2003 by Kingfisher (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Science Fiction Stories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Science Fiction Stories

Neville Tirimba Ogoti
I read the collection when I was a young boy and enjoyed it a great deal. One of the stories, Bobo's Star, has never disappeared from my mind. Science fiction does not appeal to me nowadays but I remember this collection of stories with great nostalgia.
Runal
Oct 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was a good introduction to this genre. It contains excerpts from books by famous sci-fi authors which encouraged me to read their works.
Jack
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ( ° ʖ °) ...more
Declan Waters
Apr 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: short-stories
An interesting collection of short stories including some excerpts. The pictures provide a break in the stories although sometime do spoil the ending...

Clearly aimed at a younger market there are a number of stories with children as the primary character and the excerpts (all out of copyright material it seems) are there to encourage the reader to try these books as well.

All in all, a nice little collection and worth picking up and reading.
Robert
I purchased this book a long time ago. I am not a science fiction fan, but I think it is important to read a variety of genres to students.

There are several good short stories in this anthology. Some of the well-known science fiction authors (Clarke, Asimov, etc.) are in here.

I am partial to "The Boy, The Dog, and The Spaceship". I have learned to read this later in the fourth grade school year as students have matured to be able to understand the "twist". Good story!
Ben Shee
Wasn't unenjoyable, had some nice excerpts with decent explanation. I enjoyed the story about the mostly water planet - Grenville's Planet. Overall fair experience. Intended for children.
Brittany Basalla
Oct 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edrd-314
This book is a compilation of many short stories under the science fiction genre, which can be a great choice for our read aloud sessions depending on the age group.
Alisha
Jul 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Some of the stories were a bit boring but otherwise it was really interesting.
William D