Start by marking “Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2)” as Want to Read:
Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #2)

Fairest

(An Unfortunate Fairy Tale #2)

4.12  ·  Rating details ·  17,939 ratings  ·  1,025 reviews
Mirror, Mirror, on the wall,
Who is the Fairest of them all?

In the sequel to UnEnchanted, Mina Grime discovers that all is not fair when it comes to the Fae and their tales, especially when they don’t all play by the rules. Barely surviving the Story’s first fairy tale quest, Mina still has hundreds to go before she can end the curse on her family. But a new player arises t
Published November 27th 2013 by Chanda Hahan (first published May 31st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Fairest, please sign up.
Kiera Don't forget adults, too. I am 32 years old and LOVED this whole series.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Marylee Giddings I think Skye is right. It just depends what your into.

·  17,939 ratings  ·  1,025 reviews

Courtney
Aug 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-re-reads
One word? Exceptional. Just like the previous book in the series, UnEnchanted, this book was amazing. I only bought the first book because it was a free E-book but I just had to buy the second one when I finished because it was just that good. Although I'm guessing that's the point of giving you the first book free huh? Nonetheless I loved it. It shows not only a teenager's coming-of-age and challenges with love and friendship in the normal world but has amazing fairytale twists on it.

Awards!;
I
Haleema Hussain
Jun 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites, ebooks
After finishing the first book I couldn't wait to start the next. This book kept me reading till the very end. Good read. I would recommend this book to my friends.
Trine
Oct 23, 2012 rated it liked it
Though the story was captivating enough to make me read it in one sitting, I'm still a bit disappointed in this book. I got so tired of Mina being the self-obsessed clueless teenager with the patience of tea kettle. And in the end she suddenly got all wise and insightful, able to threaten her foe but I still didn't quite get what she meant and even if it gets explained in the next book - which probably will come one day - I'm afraid that it will be to late for me.
Norah Una Sumner
“Fine,then you can sleep in the cave if you promise me that nothing is going to eat us during the night.”
“I promise that if something comes to harm us during the night, I will eat it,instead.”

I really enjoyed reading this.I'm not sure how I feel about Mina constantly swooning over Brody.I mean,it's getting kind of creepy and annoying.I like Brody but,come on...Jared is Jared.Also,I don't really fancy Nan,she can be too enthusiastic for my taste sometimes.The story was really interesting and
Haley
Jul 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing

Chanda Hahn has done it again! In her sequel to UnEnchanted, she created a world full of thrilling moments, heartbreaking loss, breathtaking glimpses at love and a perfect ending that will leave readers anxiously awaiting the release of book three in the An Unfortunate Fairy Tale series!

I can’t get over how much I enjoyed Fairest! As a fan of Chanda Hahn, I’m not surprised that I enjoyed the novel. I am, however, surprised that I liked it more than UnEnchanted.

If the ending of UnEnchated broke
Katie
OH. MY. GOD. That was probably one of the best endings to a book I've ever read. Mina is such a strong, fierce female character and I love her so much. This series is so amazing!!!
Becky Ginther
While this sequel to Unenchanted was still good, there were a few flaws that stuck out for me. First of all, the editing and grammar mistakes in this one are even worse than the first one. It's disappointing. I know that when self-publishing it's more likely for stuff to fall through the cracks, but some of the misplaced commas and use of "too" instead of "to" is just distracting.

The other thing is that I'm getting a little impatient with the amount of information being revealed. I understand th
life's a fairy tale
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Warning... Possible spoilers!

This was the second book to what thus far has been overall an amazing series....with one major flaw... There is no true happy ending for Mina! Ever!!!! I totally get that this is an unfortunate fairy tale, but stillllll!!! Seriously, if the story and ideas themselves weren't so good, I would be so fed up with how these past two books ended that I would hate them.

Like the first, this book deserves six stars for creativeness. The stories are gripping with just the ri
Hilary
Aug 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I read the first one in this series 2 days ago, and found it enjoyable enough to purchase this book, the second in the series. I enjoyed the first book and rated it 4 stars. I LOVED this book and gave it a solid 5. I have to tell you that this is one of the MOST enjoyable one sitting reads I have read in a long time. The writer keeps things moving quickly without making the reader feel "pushed" through the story and without leaving the reader feeling like they've missed out on important pieces o ...more
Paranormal_Madness
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-published
What I liked:
-Jared. Even though I still really hate the whole “trust-a-complete-stranger-because-I-say-so” thing, Jared definitely grew on me during this book. I actually like the idea of him and Mina being together, and I could tell Jared really cared about helping Mina. Oh, and I totally called it while reading the first book; he’s gonna be leading man number two.
-Fae. I liked the more in depth look at the good fae, like Ever and Jared, but I think we still need a bit more world building to r
Brittany
Jan 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Nisha
☆☆Hannah☆☆
Overall this wasn't a bad book. I was a little bummed that it didn't focus on more fairy tales like they did in the first book. They really only covered a part late in the book. The one thing that really bugged me was that her best friends true love ended up being the guy that Mina really liked. Even though I'm pretty sure that the author is leading us up to Mina being with Jared I still think that it's crappy. I guess I'm just tried of crappy "best friends" acting like this and not caring. Hope ...more
Tiffany
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Fairytales, and princes, and Fae....OH MY!

#TeamJared
Mar 17, 2018 rated it liked it
I was a bit let down by this book. I quite enjoyed the first one, but in this one Mina is pretty whiney, and goes around feeling sorry for herself.

Also, some editing was needed.
Elizabeth (Elzburg)
Sep 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, ya, re-read
“What do you know?” Naga intoned sadly. “Beauty really is dead.”

Yasss book two of the Unfortunate Fairy Tale series!!!! This one was always my favourite of the three I read when I first read these way back in the day. It was a huge improvement on the first one because it was edited a lot better (still lots of editing errors) and it has more JARED!!!!!!!!

I have always been 110% team Jared. Fricken love him. This book has a lot of cute Jared moments that I loved years ago, and that I still love
Kathy * Bookworm Nation
Jul 09, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2012, ft-snow-white
Hmm, I think I liked the first book a bit more, but I still enjoyed this one. I think the ending bumped it up a star for me though. It’s been about a month since the last book ended and Mina has completed a few more stories and has built up some confidence. While I like Mina, I got frustrated with her a bit in this one, but at the same time I liked that her “role” in the story wasn’t what she expected. The romance was pretty lacking in this one. I’m not sure who were supposed to be rooting for a ...more
Gary
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2012
Okay, I liked the first novel UnEnchanted but I love Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale Book 2). It was the final few pages that did for me. It’s the gumption of the character Wilhelmina Grimm, in those few chapters she turn the entire series on its head.

Now she is an emboldened character that I believe could actually complete the two tails. She will do whatever it takes to complete them. In those few final chapters Chanda Hahn redefined her burgeoning series.

It’s a page turner from beginning t
Tera
Dec 31, 2012 rated it liked it
I'm a bit disappointed in this sequel. First of all, it seemed like there were several discrepancies between the first and second book. In Unenchanted, they made it a point to tell us that while capable of manipulating the truth, the Fae cannot outright lie. In this book, Mina never stopped questioning the truth of differing Fae's statements. And then there were other small differences that annoyed me, as well, like book ones's all-you-can-eat-potstickers at Wongs' vs book two's all-you-can-eat- ...more
Haley S
Mar 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, fantasy, teen
Okay, so now I really want to read the next book in the series!! The book ended in a big cliff hanger.
Anyway, the first few chapters were kind of slow. But, towards the end, it was pretty cool.
Sometimes, I thought Mina was a brat. Once she started screaming about something because she thought that someone didn't fulfill their end of the deal. (view spoiler)
Trisha
Mar 09, 2015 rated it liked it
This one started off to a rocky start and got better as it went along. Now, granted,I have not read book 1 - so that definitely made it hard to jump right in to. But the initial dialogue felt painful. Stilted and awkward, she kept saying she knew everyone but no one seemed to talk to each other like you would a friend or someone you know...

but after we took the fated drive to the park (view spoiler), the conversations got much easier, everyone seemed to final
✿Claire✿
May 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is another great book in the Unfortunate Fairy Tale. I didn't quite enjoy it as much as the first one but I'll definitely be reading the next in the series as it was a lot of fun.

I really enjoyed getting to know more about the characters and there were a few new ones that were thrown in that are getting interesting too. It was nice to see Jared and Mina's relationship develop and the twists in the relationships between Mina and both Nan and Brody were great too.

Definitely recommend it.
Melanie
Apr 07, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle
I haven't read the first book in this series, so the story did take me a while to get in to...but, once I was a couple chapters in, I started to really enjoy the story. It was a very interesting read! I will probably continue the series when I have the time.
Valerie Waters
Jul 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing
What?!?!? I'm so glad I'm rereading these books. Soo good. I digit everything! The ending was awesome!

July 1,2012. I really liked this book. I loved the ending! Great twist!! I did think Mina was a little slow to catch on to what was going on in the middle of the book.
Dystopia28
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it
3.5 stars :)
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
Yes 5 stars because I love retelling with a twist. Also it was extremely well written for a YA book as the authors first series. I plan on devouring this series over the weekend.
Jen Scott
Mar 20, 2019 rated it did not like it
This was maybe the dumbest book I've ever read, and I've read My Boyfriend Merlin.

Here are just a few of my issues with the book:
-It was SO badly written: chapters ending with exclamation points, basic grammar and editing mistakes, and the author explicitly telling us things that we already knew because we know how to infer. It was painful to read most of the time.

-Literally nothing happened to move the overall story line along. I feel like I have come away with no (okay, fine - very little) ne
Natalie
May 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 / 5

After reading the first book in this series I had pretty high hopes for this novel, and while I don't believe I enjoyed it as much as the first in the series I wasn't disappointed in the least.

The take on Grimm's Fairy Tales is really intriguing, as this series seems to pair it with your typical teenage "coming-of-age" story. It means that though Mina (the main character) is experiencing all the typical issues that come with being a teenager (e.g. crushes, fights with friends, "mean girls
Dezra Bennett
Dec 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Once again, Chanda Hahn killed it for me. I enjoyed the writing and story line. Such a fast paced series.
Shala
Mar 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Forgot to review this one! Didn't love this one as much as the first. Suffered a bit from Second Book Syndrome. Series is enjoyable though
Brody or Jared 86 251 Jul 15, 2017 11:34PM
A Million More Pages: Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale): Apr 8 21 20 May 12, 2015 04:51PM
YA Buddy Readers'...: Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale #2) by Chanda Hahn - Starting April 10th, 2015 1 4 Apr 10, 2015 07:50AM
Nothing But Readi...: Hahn, Chanda - Fairest (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale #2) - Informal Buddy Read; Start: March 11, 2015 12 235 Mar 18, 2015 04:13PM
What if? 31 32 May 04, 2014 09:12PM
release date for the 3rd book 14 85 Jul 28, 2013 10:49PM
confused?!? 4 75 Apr 18, 2013 08:38PM

• Velocity (Gravity, #4)
  • The Vampire Christopher (Blood and Snow, #3)
  • Temptation (Journal of the Wolves of Spruce Hollow, #1)
  • Awake (A Fairytale Trilogy #1)
  • Blooms of Consequence (Dusk Gate Chronicles, #4)
  • Glimmer (Zellie Wells, #2)
  • Possessed (Arelia LaRue, #3)
  • Fate and Fury (The Grey Wolves, #6)
  • Dolmarehn (The Otherworld Series, #2)
  • The Drifting (The Velesi Trilogy, #2)
  • Paradox (Travelers #2)
  • Created (Watched, #3)
  • Snow White and Rose Red: The Curse of the Huntsman
  • Feudlings in Flames (Fate on Fire, #2)
  • The Promise (Fallen Star, #4)
  • Runaway (Element Preservers, #2)
  • Evergreen (Mer Tales, #2)
Chanda Hahn is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of Reign An Unfortunate Fairy Tale. She was born in Seattle, WA, grew up in Nebraska and currently resides in Portland, Oregon with her husband and their twin children. She attended North Central University in Minneapolis Minnesota for Childrens Ministry. She was also a children's pastor, bookseller and children's librarian.

Books pu

An Unfortunate Fairy Tale (5 books)
  • UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)
  • Fable (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #3)
  • Reign (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #4)
  • Forever (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #5)
“Even a pawn can take down a queen.” 55 likes
“I'm sorry that you are hurting. It’s because of me that you are even here in the first place. I offered to get those passes so I could get to know you. There is something about you that feels so comforting and familiar, and I’m not sure why.” 28 likes