Start by marking “Resurrected (Adam Wolf Thriller, #1)” as Want to Read:
Resurrected (Adam Wolf Thriller, #1)

Resurrected

(Adam Wolf Thriller #1)

When Adam Wolf retires from a killer career (one that Uncle Sam would deny existed) and resurrects himself as an author of young adult books, he soon discovers that no way in hell is the pen mightier than the sword; not when the mob slaps a verbal contract on your head.

Moments after reluctantly snuffing his 60th birthday candle, Wolf witnesses the snuffing of an ace crime
Published May 17th 2012 by Stephen Trotter

To ask other readers questions about Resurrected, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Resurrected

Lynne King
Dec 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Update:

"Resurrected" was my favourite thriller in 2012 and it is definitely one of my favourite books. When I browsed through it again this morning, I kept on wondering how this author could have had such a wonderful imagination in which to write this book. He deserves to be at the top of the best seller lists everywhere.

* * * * * * *

I have just finished reading this wonderful book and the minute I did my husband John grabbed it from me. This is a very fast moving book about Adam Wolf a retired
The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon)
Resurrected: An Adam Wolf Thriller
by Steve Trotter

(*Note: For this book, I’ve switched from my usual scale, which basically runs from 1-4 and allows me to give a 5 to things for reasons of my own. I’ll use the same standard 5 is the top, 1 is the bottom. This is so I can also post on Amazon.com with an identical review. My usual rating system, while it works for describing and debating books, isn’t universally translatable, and, to be fair, I don’t want to plug a star rating in that ultimately l
Jim
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
It was a solid 4 star read up to the halfway point & then started to go over the top for me. I'm still giving it 4 stars because it kept me reading, but I don't think a second book would. I kept expecting the hero would have real issues to deal with, but in the second half, he didn't. Too many helpers with just the right talents & plenty of equipment. If another book does that, I might even drop it to 2 stars.

I like the author's writing style. He's short on words, but uses them to good e
Rachel
Jul 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
When I first looked at the cover of this book, I thought it might be a little too gritty for me, but I really enjoyed this book. I love that the lead character Adam Wolf turns 60 at the beginning, as I feel that too many male characters are fresh, baby faced ninja types. Adam is gritty, well worn, sharp as a tack and enthralling to follow as the story unfolds. The style of Trotter's writing reminded me somewhat of James Patterson, but Trotter adds an extra edge with a cynical thread woven throug ...more
Sharon Michael
Jul 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reads
Very entertaining fast paced action/adventure with a retired black ops agent as the main character. The story charges along at breakneck speed, combining good cops, bad cops, the mob and bikers along with with a very sly tongue in cheek humor at times.

My only criticism is personal. I tend to be a very character driven reader and while the pace and action sequences probably rated 5 stars, I would have liked more depth in the primary characters. The female 'love interest' in the main character's l
Jim Crocker
Jun 25, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This is one heck of a read. Fast-paced and funny, too. I'm loving it! Jump right on this one before they're all gone. I pressed the [BUY ME] button before finishing the sample and I wasn't disappointed. It was a great read.

Steve says the sequel is on it's way. So get started now. I'm betting it will be out before Christmas.
Keith
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Keith by: got through |Goodreads Giveaway
Shelves: thriller
'Resurrected' was an enjoyable and fast paced read. The story's hero, Adam Wolf, has reached that magic age of 60. On his 60th birthday, his girlfriend takes him out to a restaurent to celebrate. He witnesses the slaying of a crime reporter while he is in the restaurant. Adam sees the shooter and identifies the shooter to the police. He makes a decision to identify the shooter in court. Bad move. The mob, outlaw bikers and corrupt police work together to take him out.
However, Adam Wolf, is a fo
Paola Graziani
Aug 05, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
Resurrected is a fun read. I couldn't put the book down. The fast-paced action, the story's hero, wiseguys and outlaw bikers weave themselves into a tale both original and comical. Adam Wolf, a senior citizen, no less, delivers justice in explosively creative ways. The author's quick wit is unique, his writing humorous in a dark way. The cynical thread that runs through the story is just enough to make the reader reflect on some of the absurdities that exist in society because most people close ...more
Patti
Aug 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: John Marrs
Recommended to Patti by: Steve Trotter
If you liked Lee Child's Jack Reacher, you will love Steve trotter's Adam Wolf. This is one (excuse my French) Bad-Ass guy who literally "takes names and kicks butts".
When he needs to defend his own life as well as people he cares about, this senior citizen children's book writer relies on his years of training and experience in the militaries Special Forces to battle the mob, killer biker gangs and corrupt cops.

The dialog is quick and smart with a lot of witty one-liners and commentary about so
Tim Fairchild
Sep 04, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Steve Trotter has nailed a home-run with his thriller, "Resurrected." Ex-special ops operative, Adam Wolf, is 60 years old and trying to live a quiet, normal life. But life doesn't always let go of the past as he, and, his romantic interest, Jazz, witness a murder at a local restaurant. From there the thrill ride begins.
I was really able to relate to the characters and especially to Adam Wolf seeing I have just turned 60 myself. All I can say is; finally, a hero for us baby-boomers!
The first per
Jim A
Nov 30, 2012 rated it liked it
If nothing else, a fun read.

The story is predictable and the author uses every cliche possible to tell his tale, but it did hold my interest for the most part.

Trotter reminds me somewhat of Elmore Leonard, Tim Dorsey and Carl Hiaasen with some of the quirkiness of the protagonist and the way he goes about taking care of business.

Janny
Sep 22, 2012 added it
A wonderful, compact satirical style that pokes fun at a lot of sacred cows. Not to be skimmed! Well worth the read.
Sean Dexter
Jul 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great story and very cool protagonist. A flawless first person POV that shows other writers how it should be done. Really looking forward to # 2! sd
Michael
I really want to like this writer and series...

but damn, he makes it hard. why so cute with the prose ? And why not let a simple declarative sentence in once in a while? Here is an example, "Instead of running I set my eyes loose through the window for two legged creatures not indigenous to the area." What ????? How about something simple and straight forward like, "I checked the perimeter". This fetish with being cute and clever with language has metaphors and similes raining down on the unsusp
Ctgt
Jul 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Nice change of pace action title. Adam Wolf is not your run of the mill action hero type. Really liked the tempo of this book. If you are looking for something a little different in your action titles, check this out.
Karina Kantas
Jul 30, 2012 rated it really liked it
A little slow and predictable at the beginning but once the book took off there was no stopping the story. Great characters. I especially loved Night Owl and Kit. And the ending was explosive!
Sharon Storm
Apr 11, 2015 rated it it was ok
The plot was just interesting enough to keep me reading, but this book was about 40 pages too long. I didn't need to be reminded repeatedly that the main character had been a secret operative, and the many references to his personal relationships were tedious. Also, the tense switched between first person and third person, which I found distracting. Not nearly as entertaining as Hiassen. Don't think I'll read any other books by this author.
Michele bookloverforever
60 year old ex special forces, ex cia black ops agent witnesses a gangster assassinate a reporter and is then put on a hit list to prevent him from testifying. his old team helps him out....a little bit unbelievable...
Feb 02, 2013
Apr 28, 2014
Peter Cornell
Mar 01, 2017
Tina
rated it did not like it
Nov 25, 2018
Country Frame
Feb 02, 2015
Linda
Jul 04, 2014
  • The Two (January David #2)
  • Eyes of the Predator: The Pickham County Murders (The Hunters #1)
  • Escaping Life
  • The Psalter
  • Requiem for a Ruler of Worlds (Alacrity FitzHugh & Hobart Floyt, #1)
  • The Geneva Decision (Sabel Security #1)
  • The Exploits of Brigadier Gerard
  • Lost Girls (The Cellar, #2)
  • Kill Zone (Lucy Guardino FBI Thriller #3)
  • Earthman Jack vs. the Ghost Planet (The Earthman Jack Space Saga, #1)
  • 13 (Tallent & Lowery, #1)
  • Straits of Hell (Destroyermen, #10)
  • The Immortals
  • Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments (Spinward Fringe, #6, Rogue Element, #2)
  • Riley's Journey (Riley's Journey #1)
  • Hung Out
  • The Devil in Velvet
  • Plaza
STEVE TROTTER is the author of the Adam Wolf Thrillers RESURRECTED (#1 Kindle Best Seller in Vigilante Justice; Top 10 Kindle Best Seller in Crime Fiction and Pulp Thrillers) and HEAVEN'S ON HOLD (Top 10 Kindle Best Seller in Vigilante Justice). His standalone crime novels include KILLER DEADLINE (Top 10 Kindle Best Seller in Serial Killers, Pulp Thrillers and Vigilante Justice), and the satirical ...more

Adam Wolf Thriller (2 books)
  • Heaven's On Hold (Adam Wolf Thriller, #2)