Start by marking “Senseless Confidential” as Want to Read:
Senseless Confidential

Senseless Confidential

4.32  ·  Rating details ·  22 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Hardly a day goes by when some fuckhead doesn't want to shoot me. Today is no exception.

Meet Nick Prince, who just wants to go drown his sorrows at the Safari Club and pine for Beth, his lost college love. But before he can do that, his job with the U.S. Census Bureau requires him to face down reluctant respondents in the remote forests of Oregon, who repel him with everyt
Published August 1st 2012 by Dinkus Books (first published June 29th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Senseless Confidential, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Senseless Confidential

Darcia Helle
Senseless is a laugh-out-loud comedy, with a generous sprinkling of mystery and suspense. But it's also a sort of adult coming-of-age story, filled with insightful tidbits as Nick finds his way in life. This combination works perfectly to create a truly unique plot and a captivating read.

I am a sucker for compelling characters and Senseless is filled with them. No one here is perfect or predictable. I was hooked from the opening sentence.
Libby Wentz
Jun 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I picked up SENSELESS CONFIDENTIAL at an art festival in Wilsonville a couple of weeks ago, not only because I like settings with which I am familiar (Oregon Cascades) but because The Census has been in the news lately.

I totally enjoyed this book. Bannon's dark humor reminded me of Carl Hiaasen. He juggles several subplots, with as many twists and turns as the logging roads in the book, but everything is beautifully sewn together by the delightful ending.

Catch-22 often came to mind when reading
Cecilie
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads, 2012, own
"That's your problem, Nick. You're a dreamer who never wakes up to do anything about it."

Nick Prince works for the U.S Census Bureau, living his life from day to day on nothing more than hopeless dreams of his long-lost college girlfriend Beth. He doesn't envolve himself in anything other than drinking beer, watching strippers and perfoming a job, he took and kept out of necessity and in the believe he could do nothing else.
When a Census visit evolves in unexpected ways, Nick finds himself in th
Grace Tippetts
Jun 10, 2012 rated it it was amazing
So much healing laughter and entertainment in the same story, loved it! I don't want to get into any details that would be spoilers, but Martin Bannon truly writes his way across the entire human spectrum with this riveting and hilarious book. Consider this to be a summer reading must.

Valerie
Aug 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
What a fun book to read!It truly is a laugh outloud mystery/suspense novel. If you like carl hiaasen you'll love Oregon's own Martin Bannon. I don't want to do any spoilers on the book so just go buy it and you'll see.
Turi
Jun 20, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a fun book! I know the author, so of course, wanted to read his book. It is very good - keeps you going!
Joyce Reynolds-Ward
Dec 26, 2012 rated it liked it
Without the local connection, I'm not certain I would have picked this book up. It is a fun read, and delivers what it promises. But it doesn't quite rise above the average. The scenario itself was worthy of a Tom Robbins absurdist tale, but it just never got there. Too bad because I could always use another Tom Robbins.
Denise Kawaii
Mar 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I wasn't sure what to expect from this book when I picked it up, but I'm glad I gave it a chance! I couldn't stand to put it down and ended up taking two days away from real life so that I could finish it. I'm looking forward to read more of Bannon's work - highly addictive.
Sue Gerberding
Dec 21, 2013
proseaddict
Jul 29, 2012
Martin Bannon
Jun 06, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Ravina Deshpande
Jill Watkins
Shannon
Nadia
The film adaptation of Senseless Confidential 1 2 Jun 11, 2014 10:28PM
Originally from the San Francisco Bay Area, Martin Bannon has lived in Oregon's politically schizophrenic Clackamas County since 1998.

Senseless Confidential, a comedic crime caper through the county's backwoods, is his third book.

Bannon, who has lived in places as varied as Puerto Rico, Switzerland, and Utah, majored in Soviet Studies to pursue a career in Intelligence. When he discovered that the
More about Martin Bannon