Start by marking “Cowboy Crazy” as Want to Read:
Cowboy Crazy

Cowboy Crazy

(Acquainted with the Night #5)

Sparks fly when a sexy cowboy collides with a determined city girl out in a West filled with quirky characters and sizzling romance. Acclaimed for delivering "a fresh take on the traditional contemporary Western," Joanne Kennedy's books might just be your next great discovery!

From stable to boardroom...

Sarah Landon's Ivy League scholarship transforms her from a wide

Published June 5th 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca (first published June 1st 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Cowboy Crazy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cowboy Crazy

Start your review of Cowboy Crazy
Susan
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book. Sarah was very happy to leave her small town behind and reinvent herself. Now she's a public relations professional working for Carrigan Oil. Everything is great until her boss's older brother makes it known that he doesn't want them drilling on the family ranch and wrecking the small town he calls home. Now her boss wants her to go there and convince Lane and the townspeople that drilling will be a good thing. Her mission gets derailed when the attraction between the two of them ...more
Cocktails and Books
I haven't read that many cowboy romance books, but I have to say I loved, loved, loved Lane Carrigan.

Having grown up with money and being shipped of to boarding school, Lane Carrigan longs for the type of life he had for two weeks each summer when he visited his grandfather's ranch in Two Shot, Wyoming. He's left the cooperate raiding to his younger brother and instead rides in the bull riding tour and he wants to leave little Two Shot just the way it is. Unfortunately, his little brother has
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Gennie's review posted on Guilty Pleasures

Cowboy Crazy by Joanne Kennedy is a story set in the modern west about two opposites who arent quite so opposed as they would appear. Ms. Kennedy combines all the things that make a good western novel, hot cowboys, rodeo, horses, ranching, did I mention hot alpha cowboys and adds in just the right mix of sassy heroine and current politics to keep the story moving.

Blodeuedd Finland
A bit of cowboy loving, I should not say little. These two sure wanted each other at once and went for it. The trouble was the loving part, the passion was easy ;)

Sarah, I could understand her. Who wants to live in a dying town and with memories like that, so she left and created a new persona. Someone successful and from a good background, but she never lied. She is what Lane should be, but again also re-invented himself and threw away he privileged rich boy and tried his best to become a
Elizabeth Mckernan
This was a good book
Joan Carroll
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good reads

good reAd, I liked the animal love, Sarah had no problems cleaning stalls, and also her love for her dad, loved the ending.
Lisa Jo

Joanne Kennedy strikes gold again with her latest release, COWBOY CRAZY. This novel is fun, sexy and wildly entertaining. Western romance fans should not pass this up!

Sarah Landon has spent her whole life trying to escape her past. Still running from the small town that broke her spirit when she was young, Sarah now plays the role of a successful, independent businesswoman. Working for Carrigan Corporation in Casper, Wyoming has been a dream come true until she becomes associated with an oil
Heather Book Savvy Babe
I read and reviewed this book for Book Savvy Babe Blog

I enjoy reading cowboy romances, cowboys, especially the cowboys in Joanne Kennedys novels, have that rough and rugged, hard-working gentleman thing going on that make romance readers wish they could rope themselves a cowboy. In Cowboy Crazy, Joanne Kennedy writes a story about a girl who leaves the ranch, but she is still a cowgirl at heart.

Sarah Landon did not have the easiest life growing up in a small cow-town. She grew up loving horses
Pam
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An engaging story about finding out who you are by looking at where you came from.

Sarah Landon hated where she came from and always thought that the grass would be greener on the other side. She left Two Shot, Wyoming to go to an Ivy League school and bury her past. She ends up working for Carrigan Oil Company in Wyoming, not far from her home town and even though she is close to home, she does not let anyone know she where she came from.

Sarahs life growing up had several hardships. She lived
Patti TheLoveJunkee
3 1/2 stars...

Lane Carrigan might have been born rich, but hes happiest when hes bucking around on the back of a bull. As half owner of Carrigan Oil with his brother, Eric, Lane lets Eric handle the business end of things; he just wants to ride rodeos and run the family ranch. When a reporter catches him and asks about the companys plan to drill on the ranch, hes blindsided and upset. Lane wants to protect the town from Big Oil and maintain the small-town charm, even if it means going
Paperback Dolls
Originally posted at PaperbackDolls.com.

I have to admit it took me a couple times to get into this book, but I blame since Ive been on a Cat and Bones marathon and it was quite the switch from one genre to another. The final time I picked up this book I couldnt remember why I had put it down in the first place. I thoroughly enjoyed Cowboy Crazy.

The characters for me were full of what real people are: love, laughter, and contradictions. I love complex characters but Im also drawn to people who
Kat Latham
May 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An emotional read about the dangers of hiding the person you really are

Sarah Landon escaped from tiny Two Shot, Wyoming, to go to an Ivy League school. But her sister's hard times have brought her back - well, to a small city an hour from Two Shot. Tragedy after tragedy haunted her teenage years, and she's traded in her spurs for heels and a suit.

Working in public relations at Carrigan Oil Company soon means that she has to relate to the public she was desperate to get away from. And it also
Carole Rae
This has been sitting on my shelf for a while, so I decided to give a go. I needed a romance, so I felt this would be a good one to get that fix. I was right. It was a romance that had some obstacles for the couple to go through. It was pretty much insta-love for Lane, but alas, Sarah was not having it. Yes, she had insta-lust (he is a cowboy, so duh), but she was not looking and did not WANT love. She had business to take care off! Plus...she does not trust cowboys. One cannot blame her, but ...more
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

When she left Two Shot, she had no intention of ever returning except to visit her sister and her niece. Now her job was taking her there and shes been assigned to work the town and make them see just how drilling the land for oil would bring them benefits. It turns out to be much worse than she expected

Ms. Kennedy picks a young woman with sad memories for her main character. She's not weak; she got a scholarship to Vassar and is a
Gennie Gee
Apr 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I loved Lane Carrigan who is the bull-riding, bad boy hero of this story. Even though Lane was born with a silver spoon in his mouth
Alexia Chantel
Have you ever tried to be someone your not? Or pretended to be another person, keeping your true self hidden? There is danger there, because after a while your real self will kick down the door, grab a shot, and refuse to be locked up again.

Sarah goes through a traumatizing event, it scars her and she hasnt recovered yet. Then in walks Lane, the confident cowboy who takes a second look at her and decides he wants her. Who is she to say no to that? Oh yeah, she works for his brother.

It is fun
Jacky Faber
I did not like this book. The protaginist was one screwed up person. I did not like her at all. One of the things I detest are phonies and Sarah is a first class phony. Raised poor in Two Shots, a small Wyoming town, she "escaped" by getting scholarships and attending Vassar and Harvard. She learns about good wine, art, etc. thinking this makes a high class person. I enjoy good wine, art, opera, the symphony, but I'm anything but high class. I enjoy them simply for what they are.

Another reason I
Babs
Jun 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, western
Once again Joanne Kennedy pulls off another great romance western. She brings it all to the table with small towns, horses, ranches, rodeo's, cowboys, and a sassy yet charming heroine. Sarah left Two Shot when she graduated high school. She was ready to leave when he stepfather died. Roy died in a freak accident with her horse Flash and they sold him for a low price. She has blamed the buyer for all her families problems.

After graduating from college Sarah got a great job with Eric Carrigan.
Romancing the Book
Posted on Romancing the Book's blog
Reviewed by Desere
Review Copy Provided by Netgalley

Hot and passionate cowboys and fun, but I will not back down kind of girls is what we have come to expect from Joanne Kennedy. And once again she has done just that. Only this time she has done it even better than before by taking two people and transferring the one from the rodeo king to lover and the other from boardroom rival to passionate friend.

The author totally rocked my world on this one, I mean really
Jane
Apr 02, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
When I first started this book, I didn't think I as going to like it but it was an enjoyable read.
Sarah Landon has tried to hide her dirt poor, small town roots from Carrigan Oil and her boss Eric Carrigan. He thinks she is upper crust and Ivy League. He unknowingly sends her back to her hometown to get the townsfolks there to welcome oil drilling in and around the town on his brother's ranch. Sarah is also supposed to change Lane Carrigan's mind. Lane doesn't want his brother drilling on the
Joanie
Sep 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great book. Interesting characters....Had read some reviews before I read it and wasn't sure if I would like the book because of the reviews. Alot of people did not like the main character Sarah because she left her small town and tried to make something of herself and distances herself from her small town. I think in life there are alot of people that do that..go off to college and get a corporate job and don't look back. Life is always greener on the other side or so we think.....but in the ...more
Ellen
Jun 12, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, contemporary
Sarah suffers from inconsistent characterization, and the book suffers fro a form of lazy-writing. If I'm supposed to think a character (Lane) is all about competition you have to show me, if Gloria's meant to be a gold-digger why should I be happy about her drunkenly spilling Sarah's secrets and hooking up with her boss? No, really why?
Melinda
May 20, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a first for me to actually like a book from beginning to the end. I fell in love with Joanne Kennedy and her imagination especially with a cowboy like this one. There is romance, passion, betrayal, heartache and most of all forgiveness. Joanne Kennedy definitely has a new reader in her side. Loved it.
ValerieC
I love this cover!

Like many other reviewers, I am not a great fan of Sarah Landon. I read quite a few books with characters like Sarah and I wonder how anyone could live for so many years with such delusional guilt and misplaced blame, and dislike of others, and actually function from day to day?
Kathy
May 27, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Joanne Kennedys Cowboy Crazy is a delightful romance with an underlying storyline that gives the novel depth and substance. To read my review in its entirety, please visit http://www.bookreviewsandmorebykathy.... ...more
Jenniffer
Jul 11, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fell in love with Lane.
Marilyn
If you like coway thisbook s for you.
Teresa Lyons
May 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this BOOK!!!!! I can not wait to read more from Joanne Kennedy!!!!
Sharlene
Jun 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I hadn't read any of Joanne Kennedy's books before, but I was attracted to this cover & I do love cowboy books! This one had a damaged heroine & a cowboy with a heart of gold. Loved it!
Mom
Feb 13, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2013
Sarah was faking so much. She was really hard to like.

• Breaking All Her Rules
  • Swept Away (Trouble in Texas, #1)
  • Stuck Together (Trouble in Texas, #3)
  • This Gun for Hire (McKenna Brothers, #1)
  • Megan's Hero (The Callahans of Texas, #3)
  • Fired Up (Trouble in Texas, #2)
  • Home Sweet Texas
  • Jenna's Cowboy (The Callahans of Texas, #1)
  • The Outlaw's Mail Order Bride (Outlaw Mail Order Brides, #1)
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Hot Cowboy Nights (Lucky Penny Ranch, #2)
  • Wicked Cowboy Charm (Lucky Penny Ranch #4)
  • What We Find (Sullivan's Crossing, #1)
  • Under the Covers (Maverick Montana, #2)
  • Merry Cowboy Christmas (Lucky Penny Ranch, #3)
  • Midnight Pursuits (Killer Instincts, #4)
  • My Notorious Gentleman (Inferno Club, #6)
  • Make Mine a Bad Boy (Deep in the Heart of Texas, #2)
Cheyenne, Wyoming 82001
Laramie County

Books (Most Recent Publications First)

photo 9781402283697_zpstbcecphj.jpg  photo 9781402283666_zpsqotwi7qv.jpg CowboyToughCoverSmall photo CowboyToughCoverSmall_zpsacac8d9d.jpg Cowboy Crazy Cover photo cowboycrazy-300_zps70ac7db3.jpeg

Photobucket Joanne Kennedy,Cowboy Fever,Western romance One Fine Cowboy Cowboy Trouble

Author Website:  www.joannekennedybooks.com
Author Email:      Joanne@JoanneKennedyBooks.com
Facebook:      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Joanne-Kennedy-Books/114277591920110

Biographical and Professional Information

Joanne Kennedy's fascination with Wyomings unique blend of past and present leads her to

Acquainted with the Night (6 books)
  • Cowboy Trouble